IGNORED

Lost Brand Names

CyderInACan

I've been out of Bristol a few years, sad to hear about the demise of so many pubs. Used to drink in the Scotchman, the Bush, the Plume and The White Horse (St Michaels Hill & WoT not sure which one has closed?)

The Forresters in WoT has closed and is now a Tesco Express. The White Horse is still there but the Westbury 8 challenge is now the Westbury 7 challenge.

Montpelier Hotel

Pride of the Forest

Printers Devil

Bell Redcliffe

Mayors Arms

Bristol House

Old Fox

Waggon And Horses

Stapleton Road Tavern

Three Horseshoes

Air Balloon Tavern

Grapes Clifton

Artichoke

Sedan Chair

Fellowship

Sportsman

St Michaels House (not missed)

Albany Tavern

Kearneys Irish Pub

Fox Glossy Rd

Rummer (not the ponsy one)

Standard of England

....many many more.

Montpelier Hotel

Pride of the Forest

Printers Devil

Bell Redcliffe

Mayors Arms

Bristol House

Old Fox

Waggon And Horses

Stapleton Road Tavern

Three Horseshoes

Air Balloon Tavern

Grapes Clifton

Artichoke

Sedan Chair

Fellowship

Sportsman

St Michaels House (not missed)

Albany Tavern

Kearneys Irish Pub

Fox Glossy Rd

Rummer (not the ponsy one)

Standard of England

....many many more.

College Tavern then to Corkers (next to Horn & Trumpet) over to Boulevards then to Papillon/ Odessy

Highland Toffee is still about.

Too many pubs have gone too mention including the Wedlocks and the Ship and Castle.

I often walk/drive past what used to be 'The Progress' in Coombe Dingle (now a nursery) and think to myself..."what a shame".

My first job was with HMSO (now the vehicle testing place) just up from The Ship and Castle.  Many a liquid lunch in there !

Poor old Frank.

He was a good old boy. The local little urchins (who shall remain nameless) stole stacks of stuff from his shop and yet he still welcomed them back with a joke and a smile.

Not just urchins unfortunately, he was also attacked frequently, and increasingly in his latter years.

I went in one night to see him sat behind the counter as usual, but looking very bruised.

Stacked on the counter was that day's EP with big picture of Frank on the front page and a story of the frequent attacks. Dozens over the decades.

Nothing would deter him though, and 'Franks' remained open all hours.

Should be added he was a lifelong BCFC supporter and always enjoyed a chat about the club.

Not just urchins unfortunately, he was also attacked frequently, and increasingly in his latter years.

I went in one night to see him sat behind the counter as usual, but looking very bruised.

Stacked on the counter was that day's EP with big picture of Frank on the front page and a story of the frequent attacks. Dozens over the decades.

Nothing would deter him though, and 'Franks' remained open all hours.

Should be added he was a lifelong BCFC supporter and always enjoyed a chat about the club.

It's going back nearly 20 years so my memory may be a little hazy but didn't he end up sitting at his counter behind a sort of cage due to the number of times he'd been robbed?

Someone earlier posted that Stan Butt had disappeared but its still going on East Street as far as I know. D R Butt (Democratic Republic of Butt?) or colloquially Dr. Butt is still going strong too on North St despite Wherlocks/Rare just a few doors down.

Someone earlier posted that Stan Butt had disappeared but its still going on East Street as far as I know. D R Butt (Democratic Republic of Butt?) or colloquially Dr. Butt is still going strong too on North St despite Wherlocks/Rare just a few doors down.

Bob Werlocks was a North St legend greatest sangers South of Cumberland. Shame when he retired. Gotta mention the bakery up the road can't remember the name Dennys I think. Also Tasty Stop, shame he closed.

Archived