IGNORED

Lost Brand Names

CyderInACan

For several DECADES Stan Butt the Bedminster butcher had an advert at AG. That and the shop then suddenly disappeared.

There is a Stan Butt in East Street but not sure if it's the same one - probably the same family. And there is still a D.R Butt (or is that Doctor Butt?) on North St...

Psst, Aiz, I was correcting my own posts, if self pedancy exists then I suppose I'm guilty as charged , if not I've invented a new word. :)

If we're talking pedantry, then self pedancy is 2 words :)

Is hyphenation the answer to pedantry?

I remember even in early 80s being woken up by sound of mild float shuffling the milk bottle holders.

Egg lady calling on a Friday evening whilst Crackerjack was on. (The Oo I could crush a grape Stu Francis version).

Tony the ice cream van on a Sunday.

The old Littlewoods Pools bloke knocking on a Thursday.

Will-o-the Wisp or Henry's Cat on before the 6 o,clock news.

HTV news with Bruce Hockin, Richard Wyatt and Sherrie Eugene doing the sign language.

Play Away on Saturday afternoon with Brian Cant, Fiona Benjamin and Derek Griffiths

:)

Blimey, forgot that. What was the record shop? Replay??

You're right, I think it was Replay... before they went to Park Street.

There was a Martins newsagent down there too, and a proto-Poundland, which was (iirc) called 'The 20p Store' or something similar. Inflation, eh?!

You're right, I think it was Replay... before they went to Park Street.

There was a Martins newsagent down there too, and a proto-Poundland, which was (iirc) called 'The 20p Store' or something similar. Inflation, eh?!

Haha I think you're right. 20p shop!! It was and still is as seedy as you like down there. Always stank if stake tramp!

I used to get in the Bristol Fashion "the Fash" before it turned into a Premier Inn....

For many of us oldies, some of our 'good old days' were 'gooder' than other good 'Good Old Days, ladies and gentlemen, for your delectation,, satisfaction of expectant anticipatory curiosity with no further ado posted here tonight for your insatiable consumption its with great pleasure otib brings to its public the one the one and several Good Old Days... Sez Lez. :)

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dipgwBEx8FY

Corona and the Corona delivery lorry.

Big T, Big T Ro-oll - in a ba-ag.  People of a certain age will now have a bloody irritating jingle going round and round in their head for the rest of the day.  Sorry.

Went out one day to help my Uncle Tony (still an STH) on his Corona lorry round - he used to do the Wraxhall estate. Is that still there?

Archived