IGNORED

Branco elbow On Flint (Merged)

BCFC Jimmer

Having seen the replay 4 or 5 times it has to be one of the worst assaults on a Bristol City player I have ever seen. If the FA don't take any retrospective action then football is the loser and they have let down Aden Flint.

The lad who did it should be utterly ashamed of himself. Completely uncalled for.

Branco the Brazilian centre half. Must have learnt how to block, grab and shove all without watching the ball when growing up in Brazil.

Real pity former PL referee Swarbrick didn't see any of the incidents......5-0 would have been even sweeter.

Branco should've been off by half time. How the ref and linesmen missed ALL the attacks on Flint I'll never know. The guy obviously had instructions to take Flint out at any set piece and he was allowed to get away with it time and again. Disgraceful!

It's clear that the Swindon team play to instruction. The ref knew it was a game packed with emotion and did everything to ensure that there were 22 men on the field at the end. Whether that's the way the game should have been controlled is an open question. I'm sure if this had been a premiership game, the ref would have been tougher on the brutality meted out by the Swindon players. We've seen the same attitude by senior refs operating in lower and non-league cup ties. It shouldn't be that way but it is. Let's get into the Championship and further away from the likes of Swindon.

Then again there's always Leeds Utd of course!

The ref knew it was a game packed with emotion and did everything to ensure that there were 22 men on the field at the end. Whether that's the way the game should have been controlled is an open question.

Absolutely not. I'm all for allowing the referee to use some discretion to allow the game to flow, but it has to be measured so as not to give advantage to a team that continues to foul throughout the game. 

Branco should have been sent off regardless of the emotion of the game.

It's clear that the Swindon team play to instruction. The ref knew it was a game packed with emotion and did everything to ensure that there were 22 men on the field at the end. Whether that's the way the game should have been controlled is an open question. I'm sure if this had been a Premier League game, the ref would have been tougher on the brutality meted out by the Swindon players. We've seen the same attitude by senior refs operating in lower and non-league cup ties. It shouldn't be that way but it is. Let's get into the Championship and further away from the likes of Swindon.

Absolutely. I don't care who his father is, Cooper is as much a cheating lowlife as his players.

Absolutely not. I'm all for allowing the referee to use some discretion to allow the game to flow, but it has to be measured so as not to give advantage to a team that continues to foul throughout the game. 

Branco should have been sent off regardless of the emotion of the game.

Exactly and I believe that there is such a thing as the rules of the game and the first assault on Flint was a straight red in the laws of the game, he used his discretion by not sending off Kasim for 2 yellow card offences close together in the first half, the referee and his officials were shocking.

It's clear that the Swindon team play to instruction. The ref knew it was a game packed with emotion and did everything to ensure that there were 22 men on the field at the end. Whether that's the way the game should have been controlled is an open question. I'm sure if this had been a Premier League game, the ref would have been tougher on the brutality meted out by the Swindon players. We've seen the same attitude by senior refs operating in lower and non-league cup ties. It shouldn't be that way but it is. Let's get into the Championship and further away from the likes of Swindon.

Sure he was told to mark Flint out. However, if the elbow is seen, he is off, and a penalty. End of. I do not for a minute believe officials let that go because they do not want to send somebody off. They missed it, which they should not have. 99% of the nonsense was down to Branco who should have been penalised for it. Kasim's were more 'honest' yellow challanges, like Agards, if you see what I mean. Will duck after saying this, but, yes, passionate, but other than Branco, not played in a bad spirit by both sides.

Having seen the replay 4 or 5 times it has to be one of the worst assaults on a Bristol City player I have ever seen. If the FA don't take any retrospective action then football is the loser and they have let down Aden Flint.

The lad who did it should be utterly ashamed of himself. Completely uncalled for.

What triggers the FA taking retrospective action.Is it a report from the club or what.Let's just hope whatever needs to happen does happen

The FA or is it Football League will take action! Senhor Brando should expect a ban?

Bloody well hope so.

Didn't see it clearly from the far end of the Williams. but that is a truly disgusting assault.

Immense credit to Flint for keeping his cool.

Archived