IGNORED

Branco elbow On Flint (Merged)

BCFC Jimmer

Sounds like you might be right. What a farce if that's the case.

Maybe I am overreacting here but with the force he hit Flint he could have easily knocked him out. To quote Sir Alex, "He could have killed him!"

Good point. You don't have to knock someone unconscious to cause concussion. So apart from anything else Swarbrick didn't even stop the game for a clear head injury despite all the recent focus on the subject. Abject refereeing and another classic example of how refs should be able to call on help from 4th official to ensure vital decisions are correct (and cowardly thugs like Brando are properly punished)

Sounds like you might be right.  What a farce if that's the case.

Maybe I am overreacting here but with the force he hit Flint he could have easily knocked him out.  To quote Sir Alex, "He could have killed him!"

No you're not over reacting Collis - a forearm smash around the top of nose , base of frontal skull is very dangerous as anyone who has done any martial arts will confirm

Even worse as Flintys eyes are on the ball - he did well to get up

My comment was half tongue in cheek and half true. It was more celebrating the fact we'd beaten that lot than anything else. 

Genuine question, who's responsibility is it to bring up retrospective action? Is it for us to launch something or for the FA to pick it up themselves? If it's the latter I don't see what other possible action they could take?

I care; because I want to see Swindle fail in the play offs. The more players they have suspended, the less chance they have of succeeding.

Didn't he pick up his 10th Yellow last night so misses the next two games?

So if he gets a retrospect ban of 3 (4 if Swindle appeal and lose, which they are bound to do as they appear to not realise that there are rules) then he is pretty much out for the season!

EMB

When Costa was done for stamping in the Liverpool game, it was almost the only topic on Sky Sports News and the papers the next day.

My point was that the FA only seem to act on these issues when they are almost forced to, evidenced by the fact that I cannot remember a Football League player being punished retrospectively, which I can only conclude is down to the level of media coverage.

I have written to the FA before about these matters, and they seem to make up the rules as they go along.

Who cares? We've stuffed the dirty cheating bar stewards and hopefully will never play them again.

I would think that Flinty cares because he is man enough to not get drawn into retaliation and the only way

to get justice would be to see the thug answer to the FA. I think most City fans who saw that and neutrals for

that matter would like to see him get an extra ban.

I would think that Flinty cares because he is man enough to not get drawn into retaliation and the only way

to get justice would be to see the thug answer to the FA. I think most City fans who saw that and neutrals for

that matter would like to see him get an extra ban.

Nothing would give me greater pleasure, but we all know it won't happen. The ref would have to admit that he was wrong and I don't see any pigs overhead.

2:01 - this bloke has been taking something....

That bloke truly is a blank canvas. You could tell him to eat through his arse and crap through his mouth and he'd say 'oh cheers mate I never knew'

That was a disgraceful assault on Junior in full flow.

He could have been killed.

They discuss it here in posts 8 and 9 whilst having a go at our strong arm tactics in the OP!

http://yellowsforum.co.uk/thread/17907/oxfords-hard-men

But what was the outcome. I vaguely remember he was eventually done for something, no?

It amazes me that only Duncan Ferguson has ever really done time.. There has been far worse stuff than that headbutt

Yes, I'm incredibly petty...

Thank you for your email.

The FA is aware of this matter and is currently investigating it.

Thank you again for getting in touch.

I don't think it's petty at all. You'd get done for behaving like that on the street, why should it be any different on a football pitch? It's extremely dangerous behaviour and it needs to be addressed.

Copper must pissed with Swindon Advertiser as they're banned from the press conference......that's a very stupid thing to do. It crucial to have the local press on your side and getting pissed off with them isn't exactly gonna help...

Archived