IGNORED

Branco elbow On Flint (Merged)

BCFC Jimmer

I'd give him another six on top - make sure no po's for the donkey

Mind you from what I saw of him I'd be quite happy if I was a Swindle fan to see this idiot out of harms way !

Pretty sure they are already struggling for defenders as it is.

Would be great if they continued this 3-0 game loosing streak, maybe for the next 2 weeks?

The six fingered ones trying to work it out on their forum !!!

:laugh:

Dohhhhh.....dohhhhhhhh :laugh:

Quote from: dogs on Today at 15:12:12

Might be season changing for us - and in a good way. Will be good to see Ricketts in his natural position.

So will this be a 3 match ban for 'violent conduct' plus the 2 match ban for his 10 yellows?

Quote from: JayBox325 on Today at 15:16:47

So will this be a 3 match ban for 'violent conduct' plus the 2 match ban for his 10 yellows?

This would be a separate charge, so 5 games altogether.

I'd give him another six on top - make sure no po's for the donkey

Mind you from what I saw of him I'd be quite happy if I was a Swindle fan to see this idiot out of harms way !

Assuming that the FA find that Branco should have been sent off, has the precedent now been set whereby Swindon can appeal for the match to replayed starting from the 6th minute on the basis that he was so shit and so much of a liability that they were disadvantaged by his continued presence. I wouldn't put it past those weasels to try!

Assuming that the FA find that Branco should have been sent off, has the precedent now been set whereby Swindon can appeal for the match to replayed starting from the 6th minute on the basis that he was so shit and so much of a liability that they were disadvantaged by his continued presence. I wouldn't put it past those weasels to try!

That would be ok actually - we could all have another fun night...........and put six past them in the replayed game ;)

Sweeeeeeeeeeeet :D

Although the player must take the majority of the blame, as he committed the offence, Mark Cooper must also be held responsible. Teams play in the style dictated by the manager, and Swindon's style has been that of a bunch of cheats all season. They do it because, at least they know they won't be punished by the club, and possibly (probably?) because it's encouraged.

There is a big difference between being competive / fighting the ball and being Swindonesque (a new word for dirty b**t**ds.) Cotts wouldn't allow that style of play and neither would any other really good managers. Brian Clough is a good example. He even ran onto the pitch to grab a pitch invader and put him in a headlock. He also gave him a kiss later! Headlocks and kissing pitch invaders are, unfortunately, not allowed these days.

They won't appeal and he will serve a 3 game ban + 2 game ban for 10 bookings. Season Over.

I work with a Swindle fan, he says that there are lots suspended at the moment because they wanted to make sure they were all available for the pray offs, rather now than booked in the first leg and have to sit the rest out.

An extra 3 for the elbow to go with his 2 game ban for his 10th yellow of the season would be splendid.  :fingerscrossed:

Just checking the FA suspensions page and it shows that Kasim & Branco now miss the next 2 matches, and Timlin & Turnball are both 1 booking away from a ban.  :clapping:

Turnbull deserves to be banned for that shocking "haircut".

I work with a Swindle fan, he says that there are lots suspended at the moment because they wanted to make sure they were all available for the pray offs, rather now than booked in the first leg and have to sit the rest out.

It's a very risky strategy.

On the one hand take the suspension, and the rest, ready to get raring to go... However inevitably it's the team in form hitting the playoffs which seems to be successful.

The only thing I'd say is this: Flint has had one yellow card this season and iirc that wasn't even for an untimed challenge or even from a challenge at all. If he can go 40 games with one booking it says a lot that they have a backlog of those 8 and 8 bookings but also about their inability to trust the players to go a few games without being booked.

Rochdale in 7th place are 11 points behind Swindon and have 6 games to play. Their GD is +14.

Swindon have 7 games remaining. Their GD is +20.

Wouldn't it be funny ...

not a chance, despite the antics they are a decent team who will have every chance in the playoffs.

Maybe Cooper will regret what he has already said to the Swindon Advertiser -- be difficult for him to challenge having said he already acknowledged the incident and will be having words with him.

Call me cynical, but it would not surprise me in the slightest if MC, in the almost certain knowledge (he would have been aware of the TV cameras and numerous tweets) that Branco was going to be charged and suspended, decided to portray himself as a responsible manager by decrying his player's antics (or even excusing them as he is South American!).

As an aside, I don't think MC said anything to the Swindon Advertiser as they have been banned from Swindon's press conferences - Mr Power is not happy with their reporting of Swindon's 'financial problems'.

Hopefully a decision from the FA that will strengthen their position at the top of the table - fair play table.

At least their likely to win something this season

Rank Club YC RC Points

1 Swindon Town 76 7 97

2 Fleetwood Town 84 3 93

Preston North End 81 4 93

Chesterfield 72 7 93

5 Bradford City 72 6 90

S****horpe United 78 4 90

7 Port Vale 69 5 84

8 Peterborough United 72 3 81

9 Gillingham 68 4 80

10 Sheffield United 56 7 77

11 Rochdale 70 2 76

12 Fleetwood Town 70 1 73

13 Oldham Athletic 63 3 72

14 Coventry City 56 5 71

15 Milton Keynes Dons 63 2 69

16 Walsall 53 5 68

17 Yeovil Town 56 2 62

18 Crewe Alexandra 58 1 61

19 Notts County 48 4 60

20 Barnsley 48 3 57

21 Leyton Orient 52 1 55

22 Bristol City 42 3 51

23 Colchester United 40 3 49

24 Crawley Town 40 0 40

Hopefully a decision from the FA that will strengthen their position at the top of the table - fair play table.

At least their likely to win something this season

Rank Club YC RC Points

1 Swindon Town 76 7 97

2 Fleetwood Town 84 3 93

Preston North End 81 4 93

Chesterfield 72 7 93

5 Bradford City 72 6 90

S****horpe United 78 4 90

7 Port Vale 69 5 84

8 Peterborough United 72 3 81

9 Gillingham 68 4 80

10 Sheffield United 56 7 77

11 Rochdale 70 2 76

12 Fleetwood Town 70 1 73

13 Oldham Athletic 63 3 72

14 Coventry City 56 5 71

15 Milton Keynes Dons 63 2 69

16 Walsall 53 5 68

17 Yeovil Town 56 2 62

18 Crewe Alexandra 58 1 61

19 Notts County 48 4 60

20 Barnsley 48 3 57

21 Leyton Orient 52 1 55

22 Bristol City 42 3 51

23 Colchester United 40 3 49

24 Crawley Town 40 0 40

who am I missing Wade, Williams and?

They won't appeal and he will serve a 3 game ban + 2 game ban for 10 bookings. Season Over.

I am not sure what length of ban he will serve.

Don't get angry (with me, as I am only putting this out for consideration!), but....

Might there not be some argument that, had he been sent off as a result of his forearm smash, he would not have been on the pitch at the time of his booking and thus should remain on 9 bookings only - I seem to recall that a similar situation arose with our old friend John Akinde.

Assuming he receives a 3 match ban (for his 'red' card) he will not be able to play again until the cut-off date for 10 bookings has passed, effectively receiving an amnesty and avoiding the 2 match ban for 10 bookings.

Consequently, he may only receive a 3 match ban in total!

We shall see.

Archived