IGNORED

Jet Tweet?! - Jet Is Departing (Merged Topics)

BA12RED

Im gutted. Have been all day.

The goal he scored second half on Saturday sums him up- Made what was a difficult chance look ridiculously easy.

He is by far the most naturally gifted player I have seen in a city shirt and if this needs comfiming rewatch his goals for us and count how many of them were out of nothing or a half chance at best.

However in cotts we trust and there is a reason he is manager and I am not!

The only way JET would have stayed would have been if guaranteed more games than he got this season. How could Cotterill do that? Equally, how could JET stay on that basis? I'm afraid that this was absolutely inevitable. Can you honestly see a player of JET's calibre continuing to sit on the bench for 80 minutes of every game? O'Driscoll always said you had to build a team around JET, but if Cotterill had done that we almost certainly wouldn't be where we are today.

I actually think he'd do best in the Premier League, where he might find the space and time to play. I wouldn't rule out him going to a lower Premier League club.

Well said that man and I also agree with the last sentence entirely, or even Spain or Italy but sadly can't see it happening.

As I said if he is going to a championship team then it needs to be one that is challenging in the top half of the league.

The only way JET would have stayed would have been if guaranteed more games than he got this season. How could Cotterill do that? Equally, how could JET stay on that basis? I'm afraid that this was absolutely inevitable. Can you honestly see a player of JET's calibre continuing to sit on the bench for 80 minutes of every game? O'Driscoll always said you had to build a team around JET, but if Cotterill had done that we almost certainly wouldn't be where we are today.

I actually think he'd do best in the Premier League, where he might find the space and time to play. I wouldn't rule out him going to a lower Premier League club.

not arguing with your post but when wilbs and agard were out and he was n with matt smith Cotts never built the team around him did he

how can a player play their part when they aren't playing?

Good question.

All I know, is that from the start of the season til Xmas JET was irrelevant.

Fitness was a joke.

He had 6 months on his contract left in which wisely he knuckled down and put in some performances.

Forget 2 seasons ago when dopey bollocks tried to build a team round him.

Look where that got us, nowhere.

Look at what at SC had achieved by Xmas last year without JET.

Yes JET contributed after that, but only because he was out of contract in the summer and was putting himself in the shop window shall we say.

Made plenty of references previously about his ability, him dropping from the prem to the championship to warming the bench in L1.

Maybe the penny has dropped with him and he will prove me wrong if he plays championship football next season, to be honest, couldn't care less.

All us armchair managers don't really know the ins and outs of why SC did or did not offer him a contract.

What I do know is that SC has assembled a decent squad who done the double and imo will finish top half of champ next season.

Who knows with the right signings play offs.

It's not that I don't like or appreciate JET I just find some peoples love affair with him a bit sad really.

Good question.

Fitness was a joke.

He had 6 months on his contract left in which wisely he knuckled down and put in some performances.

Yes JET contributed after that, but only because he was out of contract in the summer and was putting himself in the shop window shall we say.

Made plenty of references previously about his ability, him dropping from the prem to the championship to warming the bench in L1.

Maybe the penny has dropped with him and he will prove me wrong if he plays championship football next season, to be honest, couldn't care less.

All us armchair managers don't really know the ins and outs of why SC did or did not offer him a contract.

What I do know is that SC has assembled a decent squad who done the double and imo will finish top half of champ next season.

It's not that I don't like or appreciate JET I just find some peoples love affair with him a bit sad really.

he barely got a game before Christmas, fitness want great after close season but it was evident from the start of the season that he was working on getting back into shape, but to say someone is only playing for a contract when they get their first chance in a season is very harsh

Forget last season? No without jet we would have been dead and buried at Christmas, instead we were still in touch with the teams above us

We don't know the ins and outs but cotterill made it pretty obvious why- paraphrased his comment but it was along the lines of "he needs to be playing regularly and I couldn't guarenteed it this season, and I can't guarentee it next season either"

JET scored every 135 minutes.

Agard (For us alone, not counting Rotherham appearances) every 219.

Wilbraham every 173

Flint every 306.

EDIT: Does not include JPT games.

If you look at the league stats alone, and look at assists too, the difference is even more pronounced.

Yet some seem to have a perception of JET fairly at odds with the facts - presumably because he's big, doesn't chase around like a headless chicken and he has a fairly languid running style.

Yeah but for those other 134 minutes you never knew which JET was turning up.

You don't have to do much more if you are scoring 1 goal every 135 minutes, but of course he did do much more with his countless assists (Packs goal on Sunday another prime example) England's 2 best strikers of all time Greaves and Lineker did nothing all game bar score the odd goal or 2, I really cannot comprehend how anyone can give him grief, probably the same people that rant and rave about the likes of Stead and Skuse. 40 years of following City and as far as I'm concerned Jet has given me more entertainment than any other player during that time, I have only the great and one and only Gerry Gow above him as my favourite City players

As previously stated I wish him well. I think he could be a great asset for any Championship club., perhaps either Birmingham or Charlton would suit him . Any takers for him re-establishing a partnership with Matt Smith at Fulham?

Fitness was a joke.

A few points.

1)  You can't possibly have a clue about his fitness, it's impossible to judge from the stands especially when all he's doing is sitting on the bench.

2)  I personally haven't noticed any difference in application at all - he's done his best all the way through.  It's just that five minute cameos aren't really going to yield results, it takes any player a run in the side.  Whenever he has had a run in the side the goals and assists have happened at a much higher rate than anybody else.

3)  He doesn't pick the side, so it's rather odd to hold not playing against him particularly given that when he does play he scores and creates and the team do well.

You don't have to do much more if you are scoring 1 goal every 135 minutes, but of course he did do much more with his countless assists (Packs goal on Sunday another prime example) England's 2 best strikers of all time Greaves and Lineker did nothing all game bar score the odd goal or 2, I really cannot comprehend how anyone can give him grief, probably the same people that rant and rave about the likes of Stead and Skuse. 40 years of following City and as far as I'm concerned Jet has given me more entertainment than any other player during that time, I have only the great and one and only Gerry Gow above him as my favourite City players

I was joking! Read my previous posts!

he barely got a game before Christmas, fitness want great after close season but it was evident from the start of the season that he was working on getting back into shape, but to say someone is only playing for a contract when they get their first chance in a season is very harsh

Forget last season? No without jet we would have been dead and buried at Christmas, instead we were still in touch with the teams above us

We don't know the ins and outs but cotterill made it pretty obvious why- paraphrased his comment but it was along the lines of "he needs to be playing regularly and I couldn't guarenteed it this season, and I can't guarentee it next season either"

If I was an employer and paying a guy top money (I'd imagine he was one of the top earners) and he came back as unfit as JET did, I'd certainly ask questions about his commitment and professionalism.

I don't think it's harsh to think a Pro footballer who is out of contract in the summer, ups his game with this in mind, short career and all.

You have a point about 2 seasons ago but on the other hand, look at what we achieved this season without a manager who built a team around JET.

I rest my case

Good question.

Fitness was a joke.

I think you must be the sad one, nobody' in love with Jet, we just appreciate what a wonderfully gifted player he is and thankful that he has graced AG for 2 years.

If I was an employer and paying a guy top money (I'd imagine he was one of the top earners) and he came back as unfit as JET did, I'd certainly ask questions about his commitment and professionalism.

I don't think it's harsh to think a Pro footballer who is out of contract in the summer, ups his game with this in mind, short career and all.

You have a point about 2 seasons ago but on the other hand, look at what we achieved this season without a manager who built a team around JET.

I rest my case

If you were an employer and you asked questions about an employee who consistently achieved double the results others did on the basis of your own subjective view, you wouldn't be an employer very long.

Whether or not it is right to build a team around him (and I'd dispute that SOD did that) isn't really relevant to whether or not we should have kept him is it?  Nobody's suggested we should have built a team around him, nor is anybody having a love in.  Just recognising what a very good player he has been for us.

I think you must be the sad one, nobody' in love with Jet, we just appreciate what a wonderfully gifted player he is and thankful that he has graced AG for 2 years.

Yes I'm the sad one Hazzer.

Very gifted player indeed, no argument there pal.

Graced AG :laugh: next thing you will be saying he's a city legend!!

And to people who think he could play in or is better suited to the Prem, have a word with yourselves jeeeezz

I think they are actually right, he is suited to a more technical game, Esmond also got it spot on when he said Spain or Italy would suit him.

The bloke is a genius with a football,who would be even better playing alongside other players with the same technical ability.

I think they are actually right, he is suited to a more technical game, Esmond also got it spot on when he said Spain or Italy would suit him.

The bloke is a genius with a football,who would be even better playing alongside other players with the same technical ability.

And I'm sure he will be having lots of offers from prem teams and teams from Spain and Italy now he's a free agent, as I expect the managers who know the game better you and I agree with yourself and Ed.

As for genius, we had a genius warming the bench for best part of a season??!!!!

Was SC aware of this???

Archived