IGNORED

Jet Tweet?! - Jet Is Departing (Merged Topics)

BA12RED

Cotts has earned our trust in this one, so we have to go with him.

Jet was probably twice as exciting as Albert and that's saying something. But all good things must come to an end. And this one has. So here's to the exciting future of club...

It's the fact that fans from pretty much every Championship club on Twitter are stating that they'd love him to sign. 

That's what's griping the **** out of me. 

How many would've been so enamoured by loaning Matt Smith or signing Wilbraham?

I don't like the decision but accept gotta just try to trust SC's judgment here - it may merely be a case of being able to put his wages to better effect. Whilst the direct replacement may not be better, the sum of the spend may well be.

Worst decision Cotterill has made since he's been here IMO - bad move.

JET possesses great quality - and is one of the most naturally gifted and skillful footballers I have EVER seen in a Bristol City shirt.

While JET may not be a 90 minute sprinter, give him the ball and he will do something. I think it summed it up perfectly for me on Sunday - where Agard was running tirelessly, but slipping at crucial moments - and squandering a few chances, whereas JET was picking up the ball, and almost effortlessly strolling past Walsall defenders, and making absolute mugs of them with his quick feet and close ball control.

Whoever picks up JET on a free will be laughing - some club are in for a great bit of business.

I was gutted about Baldock - but we got a decent fee for him, and the reason he was scoring so many was because he was playing alongside JET, and he setup a ridiculous amount of goals for him, and gave him so much space.

Thanks for all your efforts JET - the only shining light in the first half of last season, which was the worst for over a decade. Without you - we'd probably be somewhere in L2 right now, absolute class act. Thanks for your goals, your assists, your entertainment, the slow penalties, the celebrations - all of it.

They say you should never get emotionally attached to a footballer - but it's hard not too with JET, an incredibly likeable bloke, and a great pair of feet to go with it.

Whoever signs him - take care of the bloke, play to his strengths, and he'll be your star man.

JEEEEEEEEETTTTTT, JET WILL TEAR YOU APART, AGAIN...

What I will say is that if letting him go means we end up going after the likes of Dack at Gilligham with intention then I cannot say I'd mind; there are probably strikers/attackers who'd fit better into our system out there currently, so if we are now better placed to realistically offer them first team football through this move, I guess that is a silver lining.

Always thought he'd be going but assumed that it'd be down to him turning down a contract as opposed to us not offering him one.

I can see where Cotts is coming from but assuming he's telling the truth about thinking JET needs more regular football, would it really have hurt to offer him something? He could have only said no after all, which would have been understandable on his part.

Still, the least we can do is trust Cotts' judgement, he's proved so far that he knows what he's doing.

It's the fact that fans from pretty much every Championship club on Twitter are stating that they'd love him to sign. 

That's what's griping the **** out of me.

And I expect a portion of people are asking just why he has been released in a 'what's wrong' sense. It will be interesting who he signs for and what the fans make of him.

I've loved watching Jet, but frustrated too at times. I think we will be looking to sign a couple of hardworking, talented players instead. Players who are more steady, average, does what it says on the tin type players, rather than highs and lows of Jet.

Worst decision Cotterill has made since he's been here IMO - bad move.

JET possesses great quality - and is one of the most naturally gifted and skillful footballers I have EVER seen in a Bristol City shirt.

While JET may not be a 90 minute sprinter, give him the ball and he will do something. I think it summed it up perfectly for me on Sunday - where Agard was running tirelessly, but slipping at crucial moments - and squandering a few chances, whereas JET was picking up the ball, and almost effortlessly strolling past Walsall defenders, and making absolute mugs of them with his quick feet and close ball control.

Whoever picks up JET on a free will be laughing - some club are in for a great bit of business.

I was gutted about Baldock - but we got a decent fee for him, and the reason he was scoring so many was because he was playing alongside JET, and he setup a ridiculous amount of goals for him, and gave him so much space.

Thanks for all your efforts JET - the only shining light in the first half of last season, which was the worst for over a decade. Without you - we'd probably be somewhere in L2 right now, absolute class act. Thanks for your goals, your assists, your entertainment, the slow penalties, the celebrations - all of it.

They say you should never get emotionally attached to a footballer - but it's hard not too with JET, an incredibly likeable bloke, and a great pair of feet to go with it.

Whoever signs him - take care of the bloke, play to his strengths, and he'll be your star man.

JEEEEEEEEETTTTTT, JET WILL TEAR YOU APART, AGAIN...

Sniff-sniff. Wheres me hankie?

It's all about the team. As good as he is on his day we will need players that will fit the system better. The problem with JET is nobody knows which one will turn up on any given day, the unplayable one or the passenger. Mccarthy made the same decision 2 years ago, so lots of good managers have had a good look at him and all have come to the same conclusion.

Absolutely gutted. Without doubt the most talented player I've ever seen play for City. Absolute genius. I've never been so disappointed to see a player go but ultimately that's football. I will follow JET's career with interest, just as I do Albert's.

I hope we don't regret this one, but it's safe to say Cotts is a man with a plan and I trust his judgement. I certainly look forward to our summer recruitment.

Thanks for a great two years JET. That goal against the g*s will never be forgotten. All the best for the future.

Could not agree more... if he does turn out against us in the future I for one will be giving him loud applause... this has taken some of the gloss off what has been an incredible last few weeks. 

Give me a better source than the official BCFC website.

i've read it but i'm sure that doesn't tell the whole story of whether he might have been offered either 1 year or something on less money, the club these days doesn't go into contract dealings in anything other than professional manner and certainly not in public.

The proof of this particular pudding will be his list of suitors, it will give us an opportunity to see if he is as good as we believe him to be.

You sound like you would like him to score against us! He never won a game for us on his own. He only turned up fit enough to pick in late December. He's gone, get over it, exactly as we did when Chris Garland , Gerry Gow, Norman Hunter and other far more talented players left this club.

Norman Hunter - you're joking?! I loved Norman - my boyhood hero, and everything you'd ever want in a player in terms of commitment, passion, and no small measure of ability either - but more talented than JET - never!

As I said his list of suitors will give a better idea as to how the rest of the football world judge him.

And people can recognise talent when they see it.

However JET only really took off (pun unintended) here and was something of a misfit elsewhere.

How well he does will depend entirely on the sort of manager he goes on to play with, and whether they can adapt the system to fit him in.

That's true with a lot of players of course, but never more so than with Jay.

I wish him well, but I'm not going to be like some posters and confidentially state he'll score a hatfull in the Championship because he didn't last time around.

Norman Hunter - you're joking?! I loved Norman - my boyhood hero, and everything you'd ever want in a player in terms of commitment, passion, and no small measure of ability either - but more talented than JET - never!

How many England caps? How many league titles? vs a (albeit talented) player scraping a living in the lower leagues and having failed at Championship (2nd division) level. What are you on? :laugh:

Gutted. What a stupid decision to not even offer him a contract, this will well and truly bite us in the ass in the near future. Not really sure what Cotts is playing at with this one, he claims to be sad about him going and to have praised him up to people about what a great character his is but still doesn't offer him a contract despite his improved attitude, top performances when given the chance and big character in the dressing room. It doesn't make much sense to me tbh, unless he was demanding a huge salary or something, but even then we could of offered him a reduced deal.

Gutted. What a stupid decision to not even offer him a contract, this will well and truly bite us in the ass in the near future. Not really sure what Cotts is playing at with this one, he claims to be sad about him going and to have praised him up to people about what a great character his is but still doesn't offer him a contract despite his improved attitude, top performances when given the chance and big character in the dressing room. It doesn't make much sense to me tbh, unless he was demanding a huge salary or something, but even then we could of offered him a reduced deal.

Top performances when given chance?

Like when we picked him to play v Telford and he went out to 4am and played like my nan?

And people can recognise talent when they see it.

However JET only really took off (pun unintended) here and was something of a misfit elsewhere.

How well he does will depend entirely on the sort of manager he goes on to play with, and whether they can adapt the system to fit him in.

That's true with a lot of players of course, but never more so than with Jay.

I wish him well, but I'm not going to be like some posters and confidentially state he'll score a hatfull in the Championship because he didn't last time around.

Agree with this, especially the highlighted portion and that will limit his choices I suspect.

He needs to be in a successful team, in a struggling team he will probably end up as the first casualty.

Top performances when given chance?

Like when we picked him to play v Telford and he went out to 4am and played like my nan?

Was surprised it took you this long to lay into him after the news; one mention of JET on this place and you always jump in and act like he spat on your nan. As predictable as the sunrise.

Can't even be happy when he's gone; who on earth will you mindlessly hate now? What a dilemma.

Was surprised it took you this long to lay into him after the news; one mention of JET on this place and you always jump in and act like he spat on your nan. As predictable as the sunrise.

Can't even be happy when he's gone; who on earth will you mindlessly hate now? What a dilemma.

Care to comment on what I said though?

Was I wrong?

He was totally unfit for the first half of the season - as stated by Cotts

I doubt that a professional football player at Bristol City would be "totally unfit" for half a season unless they were injured.

The improvement in the players form can be put down to a simple change i.e . being allowed to play deeper v pushed up / across. Jay Emmanuel-Thomas excels at the former while there will be individuals in the crowd who could cope with him leading a line.

Archived