IGNORED

Jet Tweet?! - Jet Is Departing (Merged Topics)

BA12RED

If you are looking at the first team squad then surely it is a no brainer -- which does indicate he has an offer from elsewhere offering more playing time or longet contract. So sad to see a unique talent leave.Hold him Cotts if you can -- assuming you want to.

Whatever happens there are somethings in life that you have no control over and this one of them.

instead of stressing about what may or may not happen tomorrow and i'm sure that that decision was made by one or both of SC or JET some time ago.

We are being linked with Matt Smith, James Tavernier, Wes Foderingham, Ben Gladwin and more obscurely with Michael Bostwick and Nathan Ake (on loan).

Also BCFC legend and record appearance holder Louis Carey, made his thoughts known on radio Bristol yesterday and offered both sides of the JET argument but IMO came down more on the side of probably a no in his opinion, i'm just putting it out there, because I trust the manager and he has earned that trust, whatever decision is made and who made the ultimate decision (SC or JET) and for whatever reason.

Am I the only one who keeps coming back on here in the hope that there'll be something to the contrary on here?

Yep! Can't see it though I'm afraid. Everything seems to suggest he'll be moving on. Over the last few weeks i had wondered whether he's even in Cotts plans although it sounds more like he's turned down the chance to stay with us.

One thing's for sure, we'll find out tomorrow when the retained list is announced.

Whatever happens there are somethings in life that you have no control over and this one of them.

instead of stressing about what may or may not happen tomorrow and i'm sure that that decision was made by one or both of SC or JET some time ago.

We are being linked with Matt Smith, James Tavernier, Wes Foderingham, Ben Gladwin and more obscurely with Michael Bostwick and Nathan Ake (on loan).

Also BCFC legend and record appearance holder Louis Carey, made his thoughts known on radio Bristol yesterday and offered both sides of the JET argument but IMO came down more on the side of probably a no in his opinion, i'm just putting it out there, because I trust the manager and he has earned that trust, whatever decision is made and who made the ultimate decision (SC or JET) and for whatever reason.

Sorry, but in all fairness who cares what the hell Louis Carey thinks.

Anyway I was against the railings as the players made their way from the buses to the podium at The Amphitheatre and shook hands with Jet.

I said to him, 'You ARE staying with us aren't you Jet?'

'It's not down to me' was his reply.

Spoke to Jet just now. (Honestly I did)

I asked him if he was staying or going and he said he knew nothing about his future, but was sitting down with Cotts tomorrow the same as the other players.

I said people had got worried about his tweet and he said he meant nothing by it and we shouldn't worry.

That was as much as I could get out of him.

I asked him if he was staying or going and he said he knew nothing about his future, but was sitting down with Cotts tomorrow the same as the other players.

I said people had got worried about his tweet and he said he meant nothing by it and we shouldn't worry.

The best news I've had all day. Dolly I hope he was being straight with you!

Sorry, but in all fairness who cares what the hell Louis Carey thinks.

Anyway I was against the railings as the players made their way from the buses to the podium at The Amphitheatre and shook hands with Jet.

I said to him, 'You ARE staying with us aren't you Jet?'

'It's not down to me' was his reply.

Well I expect a lot of people might be interested in what a true BCFC legend has to say and I would also say that his opinion is far more informed than yours or mine.

The best news I've had all day. Dolly I hope he was being straight with you!

We heard all that with Baldock. Pay zero attention to what any footballer says when questioned by supporters

Not a dig at you Dolls but naive to think that he's going to turn around and say "yeah I'm buggering off, money talks".

I'm still worried and think he'll still be off. It's not unfathomable for Cotts to decide to release him as he's not his first choice striker.

I'm worried that Jay might turn us down (if we offer him a new deal) and i'm worried that Cotts might let him go (if Jay wants to stay).

ARRGGHHHH!

That's nice to hear Dolly but did you ask him if he knew when the 3rd choice goalkeeper socks would be on sale for Hopesy???

We heard all that with Baldock. Pay zero attention to what any footballer says when questioned by supporters

Not a dig at you Dolls but naive to think that he's going to turn around and say "yeah I'm buggering off, money talks".

This.

I'm sorry but it means nothing, as much as we would like it to.

FWIW, on balance I'm with those who'd like to see him stay, which seems to be the majority. That said, I'm not particularly hopeful and will not be surprised if he leaves. We can all understand what it is about him that might make SC decide to let him go, but if he does, it'll be interesting to see who he brings in as back up to his preferred strike pairing (whoever they turn out to be).

Even if you disregard all the valid comments about Jet's entertainment value and outstanding technical skill, there are the hard facts to consider. We know what his scoring record was like last season when he played more regularly. If my stats are correct, he has started only 20 games this season and yet he's still scored 12 goals. SC must be very confident that he can replace that highly respectable scoring ratio if he's prepared to let that sort of capability just walk out the door.

Mick McCarthy said when he let Jet leave Ipswich that it was a 'scary' decision that might come back to bite him on the arse (or words to that effect). Arguably, he was right: Jet has done well here, despite all the reservations about his obvious flaws. Moreover, I believe the people who have suggested he's matured are right. He will always be a bit of a maverick at times, but overall his approach on the pitch has become much more responsible and hard-working.

He's earned another contract in my book - if he wants it - and his performance yesterday was an absolute masterclass that I won't forget in a hurry. I'll certainly miss him if we lose him.

If the opportunity is there to keep him, It would seem silly to let him leave. How much would it cost to replace a player like him? Scored 2 yesterday and played a part or assisted in another 2 or 3? 

If you work out his minutes on the pitch, it totals to about 20 full games this season. 12 goals and probably not far off as many assists/key contributions is pretty impressive. His attitude has been first class throughout the season when he could have been forgiven for feeling very hard done by on a number of occasions IMO.

FWIW, on balance I'm with those who'd like to see him stay, which seems to be the majority. That said, I'm not particularly hopeful and will not be surprised if he leaves. We can all understand what it is about him that might make SC decide to let him go, but if he does, it'll be interesting to see who he brings in as back up to his preferred strike pairing (whoever they turn out to be).

Even if you disregard all the valid comments about Jet's entertainment value and outstanding technical skill, there are the hard facts to consider. We know what his scoring record was like last season when he played more regularly. If my stats are correct, he has started only 20 games this season and yet he's still scored 12 goals. SC must be very confident that he can replace that highly respectable scoring ratio if he's prepared to let that sort of capability just walk out the door.

Mick McCarthy said when he let Jet leave Ipswich that it was a 'scary' decision that might come back to bite him on the arse (or words to that effect). Arguably, he was right: Jet has done well here, despite all the reservations about his obvious flaws. Moreover, I believe the people who have suggested he's matured are right. He will always be a bit of a maverick at times, but overall his approach on the pitch has become much more responsible and hard-working.

He's earned another contract in my book - if he wants it - and his performance yesterday was an absolute masterclass that I won't forget in a hurry. I'll certainly miss him if we lose him.

Agree entirely. He's got to be worth a contract offer but at the same time he may well decide he can get a better contract or more game time elsewhere.

I can confirm that Jet said almost exactly the same thing when someone asked him infront of me. He said he is going back to London for the summer, that's what he meant. He said he honestly hasn't spoken to Cotterill yet and gave the impression that nobody has.

I don't think he was being untruthful, he looked us straight in the eye and certainly didn't look like he was hiding anything. Ok why should he tell anyone anything, fair point. But he certainly didn't give the stock replies I've heard in the past. I can imagine Cotterill not wanting any distractions so leaving contract discussions until after the season has ended too.

I got to say I thought Jet was lovely today with all those selfies, autographs etc. Lots of the players were, but sometimes Jet seems to get labelled a 'bit up himself', certainly didn't see this side today. Infact lots of kiddies were holding up their hands to high five him so I did the same for a joke, this made him laugh.

I can confirm that Jet said almost exactly the same thing when someone asked him infront of me. He said he is going back to London for the summer, that's what he meant. He said he honestly hasn't spoken to Cotterill yet and gave the impression that nobody has.

I don't think he was being untruthful, he looked us straight in the eye and certainly didn't look like he was hiding anything. Ok why should he tell anyone anything, fair point. But he certainly didn't give the stock replies I've heard in the past. I can imagine Cotterill not wanting any distractions so leaving contract discussions until after the season has ended too.

I got to say I thought Jet was lovely today with all those selfies, autographs etc. Lots of the players were, but sometimes Jet seems to get labelled a 'bit up himself', certainly didn't see this side today. Infact lots of kiddies were holding up their hands to high five him so I did the same for a joke, this made him laugh.

I think i'd probably agree with that. Looks like the ball is firmly in Mr Cotterill's court (for now) and no doubt his decision has already been made.

Our two resident beauties are certainly giving me hope here. Thank you M. And thank you Dolls.

We can only but hope.

Good Post. I think he has actually improved his all round game this season.

Archived