IGNORED

Jet Tweet?! - Jet Is Departing (Merged Topics)

BA12RED

Beautiful football, important in the dressing room (it looked like). A player that should be received at Ashton Gate by applause, he saved us last season and helped get us up this.

I salute you JET if you are off and you gave me some of the best football I've ever seen by a player in a City shirt in 40 years. Thanks for the memories. If you are moving on I will follow your career with interest.

He barely made the starting 11 this season,good to see cotts isn't going to fall into the bracket of soft,like previous managers regarding Carey etc,if your not in cotts plans then you r gone,good to see

Check out the goals and assists vs minutes played.

If you think of the way JET would have behaved 5 years ago to being dropped after scoring a hatful & now, then it's clear that he's matured and his mind set has changed. I think with that in mind we are losing a very valuable equity.

I've said it before, you can train the shit out of people but stamina and fitness is simply not a natural given, despite how much practice and effort you put into it, which obviously Jet has done.

I seriously think he's mentally turned the corner and will be a huge asset IF he does leave, signing for a club who understand his limitations.

In my past life I trained elite athletes to granny's to box, some of the lads I came across with talent and brilliant attitude, simply however hard they worked could not get as fit as they needed on a constant level, I believe JET's simply one of those lads. I believe he knows it and that's why he's such a great player for 60 minutesish. Personally I think he still harbours hope of a shortcut to the big time, unfortunately that's pie in the sky.

We run on a small squad, ltd in personnel and budget, if he had 90 minutes in his legs he'd be playing for Arsenal still.

I think SC has mentally changed him for the better and he'd be an asset to us in the championship, but for whatever reason it looks like all we will have of JET is magical memories.

Unless he meant just for the summer........

PS I go to watch City obviously because I love them, but for entertainment; in the last 30 years I've been genuinely taken off my seat by Jackie, Andy Cole & Jet, geniuses at what they did and worth the admission fee alone.

If you think of the way JET would have behaved 5 years ago to being dropped after scoring a hatful & now, then it's clear that he's matured and his mind set has changed. I think with that in mind we are losing a very valuable equity.

I've said it before, you can train the shit out of people but stamina and fitness is simply not a natural given, despite how much practice and effort you put into it, which obviously Jet has done.

I seriously think he's mentally turned the corner and will be a huge asset IF he does leave, signing for a club who understand his limitations.

In my past life I trained elite athletes to granny's to box, some of the lads I came across with talent and brilliant attitude, simply however hard they worked could not get as fit as they needed on a constant level, I believe JET's simply one of those lads. I believe he knows it and that's why he's such a great player for 60 minutesish. Personally I think he still harbours hope of a shortcut to the big time, unfortunately that's pie in the sky.

We run on a small squad, ltd in personnel and budget, if he had 90 minutes in his legs he'd be playing for Arsenal still.

I think SC has mentally changed him for the better and he'd be an asset to us in the championship, but for whatever reason it looks like all we will have of JET is magical memories.

Unless he meant just for the summer........

Well said, I bloody hope it's only for the summer. He is magical and that's what I want, ffs sake don't want to turn into f'ing Stoke just to keep the PL money rolling in.

Beautiful football, important in the dressing room (it looked like). A player that should be received at Ashton Gate by applause, he saved us last season and helped get us up this.

I salute you JET if you are off and you gave me some of the best football I've ever seen by a player in a City shirt in 40 years. Thanks for the memories. If you are moving on I will follow your career with interest.

Great post.

Got an awful feeling IF he does leave he will come back to haunt us, genius witha football.

Great post.

Got an awful feeling IF he does leave he will come back to haunt us, genius witha football.

I really want him to stay as I think he'd be great in the championship with the team around him, especially Freeman.

Only trouble is I am very biased as that's the sort of player I want to watch.

I've smiled at every penalty, laughed every time he embarrassed a defence and roared when he scored.

We were lucky to have him at this level.

This season is going to have good memories whatever happens in the future, they were all heroes.

I love watching JET even though he can be frustrating. It appears that SC does not appreciate his lack of defending from the front. His passing and skill can be sublime and he scores really spectacular goals. I would love it if SC could find a way to play to JETs strengths and still have a winning team. Quality will be needed in the Chamionship - and JET has bags of it!

A fair point. The modern game ever more hinges on teams who work their socks off by defending from the front.

I really don't think we do.

If he is going I wish him well but it will be best for both parties in my view.

I don't see how it would be best for BCFC, even in the division above he will still be able to produce brilliance that other players just can't.

I can't see how we will be able to get a better player than him.

Our Best Striker. Watching Agard run down a dead end and then tripping over the ball yesterday and then seeing JET nonchalantly tossing the ball from foot to foot and taking the p1ss out of defenders, it just confirmed to me who would thrive in The Championship. JET and Lukey Freeman were behind most of our goals and it doesn't take a genius to figure out that we scored 8 goals in a match because JET started.

After the euphoria of this season, if JET were not retained, I would be gutted.

To Add, I am not Agard's biggest fan but he took his two goals very well yesterday.

Fact is none of us know what conversations have or have not taken place between SC and JET.  I think we will know end of the week.

That said I recall a Steve Lansdown interview a few weeks back when he stated that fans should not fall in love with players, they come and go, or certainly words to that effect. And that is the reality of Jet.  

I also trust the club do the right thing for all parties.  That said I hope he gets another deal for 2 - 3 years.  

I cannot not think of another player around, at present, with his 'style' of play. He is unique. The debate will rage for ever re Jet, but as other posters said would not want him playing against us when on fire !

Our Best Striker. Watching Agard run down a dead end and then tripping over the ball yesterday and then seeing JET nonchalantly tossing the ball from foot to foot and taking the p1ss out of defenders, it just confirmed to me who would thrive in The Championship. JET and Lukey Freeman were behind most of our goals and it doesn't take a genius to figure out that we scored 8 goals in a match because JET started.

After the euphoria of this season, if JET were not retained, I would be gutted.

To Add, I am not Agard's biggest fan but he took his two goals very well yesterday.

I like JET and Agard.  I think your view of JET is a little rose-tinted.  Although  I agree that there's nothing more pleasing than JET's sublime skills, it's also easy to forget the occasions when the ball bounces off him or when he gets caught on the ball, taking his time, just outside our penalty area like yesterday.  That said I hope he stays.

I just think some people like to point out Agard's failings while ignoring JET's.

Stead is an ectomorph for a start - JET is mesomorph.

They are totally different! Just both over 6ft![/quote

Can't say I really know the specifics of body types however my point was stead would come off the pitch having run further and worked harder than any other player for us in the championship season he basically kept us up in, despite others being better body shape to run.. Jet can 100% work a lot harder if he wanted..

I would like JET to stay as I think he adds that touch of magic that can light up a game that no current player can do. However at 24 he needs to be playing from the 1st to at least the 80th minute NOT from the 80th to the 90th. So if he goes he goes with my best wishes. in my opinion he is a Championship player. Hence why teams like Birmingham are interested in him. Mick Mcarthy asked when he let him go would it be a mistake, will SC feel the same. Whatever happens I wish him well and I will applaud him at Ashton Gate next season in whatever shirt he is wearing. Until he scores a hat trick against us, the hat trick I think he would have scored yesterday until he was subbed

Why would he stay?: and don't forget it's his choice too.

He's at an age when he should be at the prime of his career. He can score goals. He can make goals. He has that rare ability to take out 3 defenders with one sublime pass.

So why would he want to spend another season making cameo appearances coming on in the 88th minute, starting only when there's no other option, and even then being subbed after 70, just when he is running the game and on a hat trick.

But, yes, it would be a real pity to lose him. Quality, vision and most of all entertainment, which is what football should also be about. Best moment for me yesterday - apart from the goals and that brilliant penalty technique - was when he fell over on the edge of the box, sat on his arse, but still managed to keep the ball, get up and very nearly run through three defenders! Sorry to see him go, but for his sake I sort of hope he does, and finds a team that plays a style that can get the best out of his.

I would like JET to stay as I think he adds that touch of magic that can light up a game that no current player can do. However at 24 he needs to be playing from the 1st to at least the 80th minute NOT from the 80th to the 90th. So if he goes he goes with my best wishes. in my opinion he is a Championship player. Hence why teams like Birmingham are interested in him. Mick Mcarthy asked when he let him go would it be a mistake, will SC feel the same. Whatever happens I wish him well and I will applaud him at Ashton Gate next season in whatever shirt he is wearing. Until he scores a hat trick against us, the hat trick I think he would have scored yesterday until he was subbed

I was writing my post just as you were making yours, but must be some sort of telepathy cos you've said exactly what I have tried too!!

Why are people interested in Garner? He's never done it at championship level. I'm sure there's better options.

Neither has JET but people are talking as if it's a foregone conclusion that he'll tear up the league. Ask Cardiff and Ipswich fans about that...

Not knocking JET for a minute but the vast majority of the squad are unproven at a higher level. JET has had multiple chances at that level and not impressed, so it's certainly not cut and dry that he will step up.

Personally I hope he stays but if not, we have to move on and pursue alternatives. He couldn't get a regular start in League One this season, so you can't blame him for wanting first team football. He feels like he's earned it, clearly.

But you just get the impression that the negatives outweigh the positives from Coterills perspective.

EDIT - 16 goals in 110 apps for JET in the Championship. I gather he played some of his games for Ipswich at right wing but it's still worth noting that his return at a higher level is significantly different to that of League One.

Dunno if it is the most accurate source or has been updated to include yesterday's match yet, but 33 goals for us in 103 games is a very decent strike rate, and that's ignoring how many of those appearances were sub-ten minute cameos, nor does it include the numerous assists he's got.

Can understand he might want a move to get more football, and good luck to him, but am saddened that we're losing him (if we are) as on his best day is completely unplayable, and a literal match-winner.

If he does go, it seems the plan has worked for him. We were a 2 year platform to show he is worth the hype and (bigger) money at Championship level at least.

If he goes elsewhere, I wish him the best and will keep an eye on him like I do with my man love Adomah.

I like JET and Agard.  I think your view of JET is a little rose-tinted.  Although  I agree that there's nothing more pleasing than JET's sublime skills, it's also easy to forget the occasions when the ball bounces off him or when he gets caught on the ball, taking his time, just outside our penalty area like yesterday.  That said I hope he stays.

I just think some people like to point out Agard's failings while ignoring JET's.

Completely right.

It seems to be some sort of unwritten rule to slag off Agard at every opportunity, yesterday he scored two excellent goals and worked hard for the team. In the last few games he has scored a couple of excellent goals (Chesterfield and Swindon) and definitely got his form back.

Archived