IGNORED

Jet Tweet?! - Jet Is Departing (Merged Topics)

BA12RED

Sad to see such a talent leave, sure wherever he goes next he will make waves, as we know he has the ability. On his day, unplayable, lets just hope if he is in the championship next year he doesn't tear us apart. Definitely in need of two strikers now, but don't think we'll see another JET type for a long while at AG

If ever...

Gutted because I've loved watching him. Without doubt the most skilful footballer I've ever seen wearing a City shirt. However, I can see why this has come to pass. Doesn't make it any less painful.

I wish him every success in the future and will stand to applaud him whenever he returns to AG,

Thank you Jay.

Will be very interesting if he came here with a certain Swindon Town!! Could happen.

I don't really think it is understandable but there you go.

As far as I'm concerned you'll struggle to find a more talented player outside the Premier league, his attitude seems to have been first class and he was an absolute game changer. Could win you a game on his own. His ratio of goals/contributions per minutes played this season is excellent.

Shame to see him go, I can only assume that Cotterill has someone else in mind/lined up because lets be honest, you'll struggle to get better on a free transfer. 

Good luck JET, fully expect you to score against us next season. 

You sound like you would like him to score against us! He never won a game for us on his own. He only turned up fit enough to pick in late December. He's gone, get over it, exactly as we did when Chris Garland , Gerry Gow, Norman Hunter and other far more talented players left this club.

Its all lazy rumours and subterfuge just now. Maybe he is maybe he's not.

We'll just have to wait and see... Oh its jet its jet... Wherever he'll be he'll be were going to wemberleee... I mean we've been to wemberley.

I would not write his epitaph just yet.

Actually maybe we should.... Probably be proved wrong but apart from el Abd the first real mistake by our Gaffer imho... Still.... I hope i can squash those words in the days and weeks ahead with a key replacement he hopefully has up his sleeve.

Thanks for the memories JET. An absolute joy to watch. Echoing most of the other posters.

Very sad to see probably the most exciting player in my 25 years of watching leave. For me he would have been a much better option in the Championship than Agard.

Like comparing chalk and cheese, they're completely different players.

Whether you agree with it or not, it makes sense from SC's point of view. His lethargic style is all part of his nature but he wants someone who'll work a bit harder, without necessarily having quite the same quality. Like it or not, it's got us 99 points this season.

Real shame, agree he was the best player we have had in many a year for skill and ability to turn a game.

If he lines up against us for his new club, I for one will be scared ####less every time he has the ball.

I repeat my comment earlier in the thread - anyone who dares dis the Jet will be facing me with knitting needles at dawn.

Said it at Xmas that he's playing for a contract, hence, fitness, attitude and performances have improved.

Nothing to do with being allowed to play as a ten dropping off deep to find his space v being pushed up or pinned out wide?

You sound like you would like him to score against us! He never won a game for us on his own. He only turned up fit enough to pick in late December. He's gone, get over it, exactly as we did when Chris Garland , Gerry Gow, Norman Hunter and other far more talented players left this club.

Nothing to get over, that doesn't mean I can't be dissapointed to see a player leave. The signings this season and the way Burt/Cotterill went about it was a breath of fresh air and I expect much of the same this summer. Exciting times.

That said, I hope he scores the winner against us in the play-off final just so I can celebrate  :facepalm:

you mean slip through the entire football league? 

Sad to see JET go, will remember the game this year against Notts Co. where he just ran the show, great talent and yes he has his critics but he stepped up along with Matt Smith to keep us at the top. 

If Freeman was to pick up an injury we'll be wondering where our supply is coming from. 

Time to move on then tossers :laugh:

Thanks for the memories JET wish you luck where ever you end up.

Let's not forget he was a passenger mostly for one of our most successful seasons, rather keep my praise and man love for SC, Luke,Aiden,Wilbs,Smudger,Frankie and the rest of the regulars

CTID

Archived