IGNORED

Jet Tweet?! - Jet Is Departing (Merged Topics)

BA12RED

My issue was he was in a nightclub 4am before the game.

Mate; if that is your one lasting memory that you bitterly hold on to in order to justify your clear flat-out dislike of the man (I'll take the shopping list of times you've gone out of your way to slag and blame him for our ills over one "good luck" post, btw) despite everything else he's done here, I feel sorry for you.

Will miss Jet n so wanted him to stay n be included in Cotts's plans. However we have a team n style that calls for us to defend from the front n I suspect this is where Jet did not meet the demands of SC and his team. Difficult to evidence though after this season but will need even more running in the tank next year

Sad to see him go but not surprised. A very, very good player for us in terms of goals and assists alone before you even look at entertainment.

The problem this gives the manager though is that if you're letting JET walk, the players you pay money to bring in have to be better. That's going to be a tough comparison.

My issue was he was in a nightclub 4am before the game.

I've been on nights out to the early hours and haven't had a drop to drink. You don't need a drink to have a good night!

Let the lad go on a high, he's been a pleasure for us.

Absolutely the wrong decision to make, sad that it's now been confirmed.

All the best in your future endeavours JET, you'll be an asset wherever you go.

Only Albert leaving was more upsetting than this news (or when Scotty went to Reading). Really think we'll regret it.

High waged luxury player who was the talisman of the worst team some of us have ever seen.

I can imagine he has high wages that can be better spent on a 1st team player not a sub that comes on in the final 10 mins of games and does a step over or 2.

12 in 48

yes but many of those 48 appearances were 5-10 minutes sub appearances, in terms of minutes on the pitch his goal and assist ratio for us THIS season is second to none.

I could have understood if we had offered him a 1 year deal to stay and he opted to go elsewhere for better deal,  but to offer him no deal - astonishing decision for me.

Win one little guess how many points we'll get competition and suddenly you're the big man eh?

Well I'll show you!

If only ;) .

Actually, I didn't enter the 'how many points' competition, but if I had done I can assure you I would not have guessed 99 points!

I only knew JET's stats as I had just compared them to Agard and Flint out of curiosity.

If only ;) .

Actually, I didn't enter the 'how many points' competition, but if I had done I can assure you I would not have guessed 99 points!

I only knew JET's stats as I had just compared them to Agard and Flint out of curiosity.

Philinfrance / Ralphindevon / RalphinFrance.

You lot confuse me as much as robbored & redrobbo and Chippenhamred and Chippenham Red.

Similar. My mistake.

I'm gutted for me as a fan, who wants to be entertained, but in a way pleased for JET.

Let's be honest, JET is the last player SC would have signed, and from the outset it was clear that the way he wants to play football, and the way JET plays it are miles apart.

I've said before that it's a credit to both that they were able to work with each other - no tantrums from JET and SC able to keep him fit and raring to go. And it would appear that they each have a deal of respect for each other, even though they both probably realise that they're miles apart in terms of their footballing beliefs and styles.

JET now has the problem of finding the right club - or rather the right manager who will use his enormous talent. I'm certain he'll have plenty of suitors, and just hope he finds the right one. And SC has the problem of finding someone who'll fill that big No 10 shirt, and do so in a way that suits his style.

My nagging worry about all this though is what it says about SC's style - I just hope that he doesn't revert completely to Wimbledon type, where it's all about graft, running, playing to patterns, and so on - there needs to be a little bit of room for the maverick, for something a bit special - even more so in the Chamionship, where we won't get the mistakes and the chances that we get in Lge 1. His recruitment last summer was spot on, so I hope he can repeat the formula this time too - but it has to include a bit of genius along with the hard work.

And, JET, thanks for the wonderful memories and for entertaining!

If season tickets were available, it might make me think again about buying one. Since they aren't, it's pretty academic. Won't be as entertaining without JET, that's a certainty.

Aiz, I normally like your light hearted posts, but this is total bollocks.

yes but many of those 48 appearances were 5-10 minutes sub appearances, in terms of minutes on the pitch his goal and assist ratio for us THIS season is second to none.

I could have understood if we had offered him a 1 year deal to stay and he opted to go elsewhere for better deal,  but to offer him no deal - astonishing decision for me.

Absolutely, although I was simply confirming the bare stats - not elaborating on them - and I agree entirely that numerous 5 minute (sometimes even less) cameo appearances distort the true picture.

I also agree that a 1 year deal to see how things worked out would have been ideal, but we do not know that this was not proposed to his agent who turned it down/wanted an extortionate salary to compensate for such a short-term contract.

I think for pure entertainment value and for the 'feel good' factor JET would justify a premium, but there were always those days when he just did not turn up. Unfortunately, his languid style of running also gives the impression he is not really trying, although if you watch carefully this is deceptive and he is actually quite quick as he has such a long stride.

Mostly yes.

Admit JET contributed more than others who were used mostly as bench players.

He played his part certainly at times (took till Xmas mind)

SC has built a decent team this season, rather than SOD building a team around JET which the outcome has been a very successful season.

Admire the blokes abilities but would of been a big gamble to had offered him a decent paid 2/3 year contract.

how can a player play their part when they aren't playing?

I remember the games he was getting ironically getting clapped whilst getting subbed off or booed at the end of games

Yeah by the same idiots that loved him when he was showing his ability on a consistent basis. They just liked a moan because he doesn't run about as much as Jon Stead. Athletics is more their sport.

The only way JET would have stayed would have been if guaranteed more games than he got this season. How could Cotterill do that? Equally, how could JET stay on that basis? I'm afraid that this was absolutely inevitable. Can you honestly see a player of JET's calibre continuing to sit on the bench for 80 minutes of every game? O'Driscoll always said you had to build a team around JET, but if Cotterill had done that we almost certainly wouldn't be where we are today.

I actually think he'd do best in the Premiership, where he might find the space and time to play. I wouldn't rule out him going to a lower Premiership club.

Archived