IGNORED

Jet Tweet?! - Jet Is Departing (Merged Topics)

BA12RED

Was always going to be a difficult one - I personally would have loved to see Jet stay but how can Cotts offer him a new deal when he's hardly started this season at a lower level.

I'd put Jet up there as one of the most talented, skilful footballers I've ever seen play in person - the boy can do things with a football a lot of people can only ever dream of.

He's left us with some fantastic memories and I really wish him the best for the future, and I think at some point he will come back to haunt us.

Both good players who need to be playing first team every week....  we cannot offer that....

Good luck JET.. thanks for some magic moments in the last couple of years.......  was always a pleasure to watch your unique style and skill.....

SHOCKED!  must be more to this . hes a championship player all day long. not sure about some of the others. Agree to differ with sc on this. i was really looking forward to seeing him next season with agard or smith type partnership ( surely wilbrahim is no more than a bit part player next year.) Could be worst escapee since yannick bolasie.

Can understand the position of the club. As stated, if he couldn't get a place held down for us in L1 I can't see it happening in the Championship.

Hopefully he stays in L1 from a selfish point of view. Can't help but think he'd rather be the big fish in a small pond than be a bit part player at a higher level.

Thanks for all the great memories JET, all the best for the future.

Harsh life of a footballer sometimes, the highs of weekend and now told this. He will have plenty of offers I expect, but all will have the same problem as us..which jet will turn up and his do you fit him in team. Clearly Cotts has someone he is certain of signing, otherwise it's Alby and Agard, can see us brining in at least 2 now.

Not surprised about a Richards, he hasn't been able to play and we need real quality for the Chsmpionship to feature alongside Frankie.

I hope Pack and Wade take up the offers.

Edit: Sorry Fordy. But he did say only he hadn't discussed things, well he has now so I still believe he was telling the truth. He hadn't sat down with Cotterill but I suspect his Agent was clued up.

I don't really think it is understandable but there you go.

As far as I'm concerned you'll struggle to find a more talented player outside the Premier league, his attitude seems to have been first class and he was an absolute game changer. Could win you a game on his own. His ratio of goals/contributions per minutes played this season is excellent.

Shame to see him go, I can only assume that Cotterill has someone else in mind/lined up because lets be honest, you'll struggle to get better on a free transfer. 

Good luck JET, fully expect you to score against us next season. 

Gutted because I've loved watching him. Without doubt the most skilful footballer I've ever seen wearing a City shirt. However, I can see why this has come to pass. Doesn't make it any less painful.

I wish him every success in the future and will stand to applaud him whenever he returns to AG,

Thank you Jay.

SHOCKED! must be more to this . hes a championship player all day long. not sure about some of the others. Agree to differ with sc on this. i was really looking forward to seeing him next season with agard or smith type partnership ( surely wilbrahim is no more than a bit part player next year.) Could be worst escapee since yannick bolasie.

Iam sure he wants guarantees of regular first team football starts and a bigger contract ,Cotts can't or won't give it.

Still a bit surprised that he walk away for nothing .

Sad to see such a talent leave, sure wherever he goes next he will make waves, as we know he has the ability. On his day, unplayable, lets just hope if he is in the championship next year he doesn't tear us apart. Definitely in need of two strikers now, but don't think we'll see another JET type for a long while at AG

Archived