IGNORED

Jet Tweet?! - Jet Is Departing (Merged Topics)

BA12RED

If its true and he is off lets not all be so gutted. He will go down in City folklore as a cult hero and its probably time as he cant get into the first team at League 1 level let alone Championship. We move on, with exciting times to come and remember JET for him being the character and a great Football player for this club.

either way,all the best to him.played his part and perfectly fulfilled his contract.cant argue with that.never moaned once about being on the bench that we know of as fans,.

personally would love to see him stay but its down to him really,and now has a bit more on his cv to attract another decent club maybe back in london?

How SC can't see the value of him being in the squad is beyond me. But I equally can't criticise SC for delivering our best season in living memory.

Cotts, just take a minute and think about this one.

I agree if this is how it has transpired - maybe Jay wants to leave to play first team football ever game, if so then that is very admirable.

Be genuinely sad if JET is off - the Championship is a different style of play to L1 altogether and I think he is the type of player who would actually be better in a higher division.

I'll maintain my faith in Cotts, but if you were to offer me q choice between JET & Agard starting the first game next season it would be JET every time for me.

The way he came off today didn't suggest he wasn't going to be leaving. Would have thought it would have been a bit more emotional, took his time to take in the applause and had a few teammates around him.

Said before he has won me over big time this season. Would like to see him stay so I guess we will await the official confirmation from the club.

Isn't the released/declined contract list released not long after the end of the season?

It would be a real shame if he leaves and a sad indictment of football in this country, better to be an athlete than an unpredictable maverick

I think his game would be better suited abroad and I hope he can make the most of his god given talent.

Thanks for all the memories and if it is true good luck for the future you will always be welcomed back at Ashton Gate.

Finally , your entrance at the presentation was genuinely funny

The way he came off today didn't suggest he wasn't going to be leaving. Would have thought it would have been a bit more emotional, took his time to take in the applause and had a few teammates around him.

He always takes his time regardless - can't come off any slower even at top speed!

Not factually but I think he is a liablity, I don't doubt his ability; attitude is a different story.. There's no reason why he cannot run his socks off every game like Agard and wilbraham do and that's the gap between him and them... He's to arrogant in his ability to be a complete success in a workman like team such as this one. I don't think people have still realised how vital Agard and wilbrahams working back has been to our success.. Whilst we've mostly been fine with jet not working back this season, next season we won't be able to afford to do tjay

Couldn't disagree more. There is one, huge reason why he can't run his socks off like those two: his body shape. He's just not built for distance running. He's working far harder this season (harder than people realise - if you ever get the chance again, actually watch him, he works harder than you think) because Cotterill has got him fitter. Surely that proves it's not an effort issue, but a fitness one? Not suggesting he's not fit enough, just that his body is a limiting factor in his fitness. 

I would love to see how many calories he burns off per game compared to Agard. Would bet it's mighty close.

Farewell, JET, and good luck.

Couldn't disagree more. There is one, huge reason why he can't run his socks off like those two: his body shape. He's just not built for distance running. He's working far harder this season (harder than people realise - if you ever get the chance again, actually watch him, he works harder than you think) because Cotterill has got him fitter. Surely that proves it's not an effort issue, but a fitness one? Not suggesting he's not fit enough, just that his body is a limiting factor in his fitness.

I would love to see how many calories he burns off per game compared to Agard. Would bet it's mighty close.

Farewell, JET, and good luck.

I have actually watched him closely numerous times, he's definitely improved his work rate but I can't agree about the body type, I'm not expecting him to run as quick or as much as Agard but I want to see the same level of effort.. Jon stead disproves your arguement about body type

Hilarious to watch the change of mind on the substitution. Burns about to go on after JET loses ball in midfield. Next thing his amazing play that we all dream of puts the ball on the plate for a goal and then scores himself soon after. A truly great player that we are so grateful to see, worth the admission money alone, even in a really cohesive team he contributes and adds something outstanding. Setting up goals and scoring when needed. Keeping the crowd on the edge of their seats with his quality and vision.

Mad to think he would turn down a contract at a club he loves with players he loves having just won the league and would be playing championship next season. Also has a house in Bristol now. Surely it was a farewell to the ones leaving like tavernier who has been a great friend to him since he joined?

Mad to think he would turn down a contract at a club he loves with players he loves having just won the league and would be playing championship next season. Also has a house in Bristol now. Surely it was a farewell to the ones leaving like tavernier who has been a great friend to him since he joined?

Maybe he was offered a contract but has been offered a better one else where, who knows?.

And end up being another Bolasie that we let go. A truly outstanding player, you can also see the effect that he has had on younger players such as Bryan in terms of technique. The substitution may have been inevitable interns of pre planning but looked laughably absurd with JETs immediate contribution, prompting a quick bactrack imploring Burns to put his tracksuit on. 

Yes, possibly and others suggesting he could be referring to the summer break also have a point but let's be honest. We're clutching at straws aren't we?

Whether he's turned down a contract or been released his tweet VERY strongly suggests he's off.

Archived