IGNORED

Oskar Thread For Updates And Well Wishes

Dollymarie

Dear Oskar,

I hope you are doing what the doctors and nurses are telling you! You now have some time ahead of you where you will have to get 'match fit', so think of the next few months as pre-season training. Some days will be easy, some will be a bit boring. It is ok for you to complain just a little and say it is hard as that's what our players do sometimes in pre-season too!

Last season our players worked hard and did what the boss Steve Cotterill told them to do and they ended up being Champions. We already think you are a Champion but want you to be our Top Champion again...so listen to what the boss (your Mum) tells you, get 'match fit' and get out on that beautiful Ashton Gate pitch and kick a ball. We all know you will do it one day.

Take Care,

RedM and Family x

Just got back from a 2 hour visit with Oskar.

He's doing ok, he's in incredible amounts of pain (to the point where he fainted when he had to be moved) and is on a morphine drip for that. It also looks like he's getting a water infection and so is going to be put on antibiotics for that. He has to lie completely flat at the moment which he is finding hard as he's normally so active.

He's going to be in hospital for a few weeks at least, but was in good spirits. I read him all the messages and he and Lizzy said thank you for those.

He requested some lucozade so I took him a couple of bottles in.

He's doing as well as can be expected at this stage. Everyone keep fingers crossed that the pain gets lesser soon, the infection is easily treated and that he'll be allowed to sit up soon.

Will keep updating as and when I can.

Thanks for the update. I'm sure he will bounce back as soon as they can get the balance of his pain relief and antibiotics right, children are amazing at that.

Tell him he really is taking my pre-season training seriously...after all the players are resting up at the moment too!

Just got back from a 2 hour visit with Oskar.

He's doing ok, he's in incredible amounts of pain (to the point where he fainted when he had to be moved) and is on a morphine drip for that. It also looks like he's getting a water infection and so is going to be put on antibiotics for that. He has to lie completely flat at the moment which he is finding hard as he's normally so active.

He's going to be in hospital for a few weeks at least, but was in good spirits. I read him all the messages and he and Lizzy said thank you for those.

He requested some lucozade so I took him a couple of bottles in.

He's doing as well as can be expected at this stage. Everyone keep fingers crossed that the pain gets lesser soon, the infection is easily treated and that he'll be allowed to sit up soon.

Will keep updating as and when I can.

To hear this brave little lad  is in so much pain has upset me beyond belief , he is brave beyond belief , I have been fighting terminal cancer since 2004 , and recently had a water infection due to chemo ,  and i am not afraid  to admit i was actually screaming with the pain, i DO hope the morphine controls it well for him, the anti biotics work very quickly thankfully.

Does the fund still need more donations, ? 

One more thing, in the past if you sent a letter to the manager or chairman, it went to them personally , i have a feeling theses day,s  it will be opened by others even if you put personel on the letter, ? 

Just want to thank everyone for the most amazing season i never thought i would see.

Have a great summer everyone.

To hear this brave little lad is in so much pain has upset me beyond belief , he is brave beyond belief , I have been fighting terminal cancer since 2004 , and recently had a water infection due to chemo , and i am not afraid to admit i was actually screaming with the pain, i DO hope the morphine controls it well for him, the anti biotics work very quickly thankfully.

Does the fund still need more donations, ?

One more thing, in the past if you sent a letter to the manager or chairman, it went to them personally , i have a feeling theses day,s it will be opened by others even if you put personel on the letter, ?

Just want to thank everyone for the most amazing season i never thought i would see.

Have a great summer everyone.

Wishing you, joy, fun, and several more seasons in the sun... best wishes 'always'

Chin has always been up on this top little man.

Speedy recovery young un.

I hope you get to lead the team out for our first home game if the season.

Keep fighting city always. A truly cruel and difficult fight. Always believe

Another update this morning. This one made me cry

d49b5cc825bfcb9de7b84aefd6f38517_zps6uyj

Have been away for a few days and just catching up. Oskar is a fighter and will overcome anything in his way, come on young un, lead the City out next season and lets hope its by walking, you are a special lad to all of us at the Gate. If you want a ride on the Commemoration Bristol City scooter I have nearly finished just let me know. Here's the picture up to now, just awaiting pictures to go on

IMG_55271_zps2xituyuq.jpg

Brilliant news, great to hear. I don't think they are baby steps at all but huge advances. From being so poorly to possibly being able to get out of bed for a while is a big change.

And as for chatting up the nurses, Oskar you really are taking this footballer thing quite seriously aren't you!

Keep chasing. X

Archived