IGNORED

Oskar Thread For Updates And Well Wishes

Dollymarie

It would be amazing if Oskar could walk the team out next season ... Amazing story ... Such courage !!

I (amongst others) have said (wished) the same thing.

Today, according to his Mum, he is walking 80 metres (aided with a frame, but no longer in a wheelchair!) and that is magnificent progress.

Time will tell, but if it might be possible that he could lead the team out (even slowly) at next year's first home game, then just imagine what an impetus (Thanks to Oskar) that would give to us all.

This has just been posted on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/oskarpycroft/status/608298036402483200

The fact he has come this far in a few weeks just makes me madder and madder that these kids can't have these operations on the NHS.

So proud of how well he is doing

Totally agree Dolls.

Even if you take a hard-headed economic view of it, it makes much more sense for the state to give a lad like Oskar the chance to walk and make a lot more of his life than to have to offer lifelong support to a wheelchair user.

I'm very happy I and so many others here have been able to help this very inspiring little chap.

It was pirate day at Oskar's school today so everyone was dressed like a pirate. In an attempt to counter this Rovers theme, Oskar went to school in his City kit. Top lad

What a legend, puts life in perspective!

@otibfanzine

It was pirate day at Oskar's school today so everyone was dressed like a pirate. In an attempt to counter this Rovers theme, Oskar went to school in his City kit. Top lad

Top lad.

You do wonder about the state of education in this country when they sponsor dress your kid as a ****** days..

when your having a bad day bad week life is shit its good to read this makes you realise all the problems you have are nothing compared to your kids health.

most of us will have been lucky. have friends that there son was in a car crash 14 years ago,life changed forever that day.

anyway good luck Oscar sounds like your really doing well, keep it up you red!!!!!!!!

I obviously want the reds to do well this season, every season - but I am so impressed with Oskar, his personality, his commitment to the cause, I think the lad is achieving something way more significant than achievements on the field.

Oskar you da man! 

For anyone who didn't get to see it today. Oskar walked onto the pitch before the game, stepped up and scored a penalty. He got the biggest cheer of the afternoon. 8A8765B4-4B81-4AAC-A974-C1D788726818_zps

Fantastic, thank you for sharing.

Still twice the speed of JET on his run up for the penalty...

Just thought I'd update this thread. Lizzy has said I can post you all these two pictures to show you how far Oskar has come over the summer. He's now able to stand unaided for about 5 minutes at a time. He is also walking using the frame in the pictures below.

Here he is having a kick about in the garden.

C45BAD45-9F48-439B-8B30-C29E2DC1E392_zps

7356BCB7-4075-46A8-8E39-3158B9B8CD4F_zps

Still a way to go, but my god he's come so far already :)

Archived