IGNORED

Oskar Thread For Updates And Well Wishes

Dollymarie

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Was thinking about this on the train to work today.

It was a really horrid situation for Oskar and his family to find themselves in a few years back, and lets be honest they have been fortunate in the sense that the footballing community have come together in an unprecedented way, and amazingly assist in raising the funds needed

I was thinking how great it would be if there was maybe an "Oskar Pyecroft Foundation" set up, where children and families in the same situation could get help too

Oskar was one of the lucky one's to get assistance, but I bet there are other families tearing their hair out with nowhere to turn, what a great legacy Oskar would have, and his story alone would be an inspiration for those equally put into this ridiculous situation

There is one already.  Oskar had to use a charity name to gather together the money because otherwise there would have been deductions out of it and more money would have been needed. (they charge individuals a fee, but charities don't get charged)

The Darren Wright Foundation was the charity chosen as it was set up by a fellow Bristol City fan.  They were behind the walk to Wembley ahead of the JPT.

19 hours ago, ciderup said:

Hey Mortis, How are you pal?

If you are coming down, I owe you a beer! Let me know.

Hi Cider , would indeed would be nice to meet up and Ill post on here a few days before the game and we can say Hi 

Cheers and have a lovely Christmas and New Year but not too many points please ! :)

Mortis

Oskar got his first pair of football boots today, something his mum never thought she'd be able to do.

Over Christmas we went and practiced on the pitch, and then today he's posted this video which his mum has said I can share with you all. 

Looking forward to Tuesday now, hope everyone else is too :) 

image.jpeg

I'm a big ruffty Tufty Bloke with a long link to the military and have done some mad things in my life!

But on Tuesday night I will not have a dry eye when I see this young man walk on to the pitch. If only some of the fans and players could show the same amount of pride in the badge & kit of the club!

We won't be able to make it there tonight. All that travelling is just too much for my little lad on a school night. 

We'll be at home keeping an eye on the score and raising a glass to Oskar. What a brave little lad you are mate. I hope you have a fantastic time and everyone makes a proper fuss of you! 

Oh, Oskar... Don't forget to nip into the Preston dressing room before kickoff and tie all of their boots together :P

On 10/01/2016 at 21:03, redsapper said:

I'm a big ruffty Tufty Bloke with a long link to the military and have done some mad things in my life!

But on Tuesday night I will not have a dry eye when I see this young man walk on to the pitch. If only some of the fans and players could show the same amount of pride in the badge & kit of the club!

Yeah, must confess I'm probably gonna stuff a couple of tissues in my pocket before leaving the house tonight!

1 hour ago, CotswoldRed said:

We won't be able to make it there tonight. All that travelling is just too much for my little lad on a school night. 

We'll be at home keeping an eye on the score and raising a glass to Oskar. What a brave little lad you are mate. I hope you have a fantastic time and everyone makes a proper fuss of you! 

Oh, Oskar... Don't forget to nip into the Preston dressing room before kickoff and tie all of their boots together :P

No need mate - our forwards have been playing with them tied all season :)

Best wishes to Oskar and his family tonight leading the teams out.

Very proud to have contributed and been a small part of the great fundraising efforts started by your fellow Reds along with others from the Blue half of Bristol and i'm sure i say on behalf of many other Gasheads - Get in there Oskar, Have a great night!!

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

His face says it all. And when the Atyeo corner started singing "there's only one Oskar Pycroft" he looked at his mum and said "Mummy, they're singing my name!" 

image.jpeg

A big hardened 38 year old 16stone bloke, this post reduced me to tears. Top lad, well done Oskar. 

16000 friends are very proud of you. X

Archived