IGNORED

Oskar Thread For Updates And Well Wishes

Dollymarie

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

Few people have been asking for Oskar updates, thought I would post this pic to show you how far this little hero has come. He was at an awards event in Bristol last night and received a bravery award. He managed to walk, with help, to collect it. :) 

image.jpeg

Top man!

Saw him walking round under the South Stand with his mum a couple of weeks ago, didn't want to disturb him because he was concentrating on walking with his frame. Amazing the progress he has made.

Just in case anyone didn't hear Oskar at half time on the PA yesterday, he confirmed he will be walking the team out before the Preston game on the 12th of January. 

Hes not quite at the running stage yet, so will probably start about 10 minutes before the team actually come out, to give him time to make it over to by the South Stand. 

Can I advise you all to get in early that day, as it's not to be missed. I doubt there will be a dry eye in the house. Lizzy was crying yesterday!

Oskar is coming round to my house this afternoon to practice walking on grass, as his garden is too bumpy. Lizzy bought him his first pair of football boots on Thursday, something she never thought she'd be able to do. :) 

4 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Just in case anyone didn't hear Oskar at half time on the PA yesterday, he confirmed he will be walking the team out before the Preston game on the 12th of January. 

Hes not quite at the running stage yet, so will probably start about 10 minutes before the team actually come out, to give him time to make it over to by the South Stand. 

Can I advise you all to get in early that day, as it's not to be missed. I doubt there will be a dry eye in the house. Lizzy was crying yesterday!

Oskar is coming round to my house this afternoon to practice walking on grass, as his garden is too bumpy. Lizzy bought him his first pair of football boots on Thursday, something she never thought she'd be able to do. :) 

Really pleased it's Preston (I'm sure deliberate). Is there some way we can involve/recognise them too.

10 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Really pleased it's Preston (I'm sure deliberate). Is there some way we can involve/recognise them too.

Didn`t we have a collection for the little fella at our home game with them last season? We`ve still got some of their lads who come on here from time to time who could probably spread the word if so.

7 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Didn`t we have a collection for the little fella at our home game with them last season? We`ve still got some of their lads who come on here from time to time who could probably spread the word if so.

Yeah, David Lloyd said yesterday, it's just the fixtures have worked out well enough that it's Preston again this time round. I'll have a look on Twitter and try and find their official account maybe. 

11 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Yeah, David Lloyd said yesterday, it's just the fixtures have worked out well enough that it's Preston again this time round. I'll have a look on Twitter and try and find their official account maybe. 

Was just trying to find the `Thanks for Greg Cunningham` thread that was on her a while back started by one of theirs but no luck. There were a few on there. One username I can recall though is Morsy.

On ‎28‎/‎11‎/‎2015 at 08:43, Dollymarie said:

Few people have been asking for Oskar updates, thought I would post this pic to show you how far this little hero has come. He was at an awards event in Bristol last night and received a bravery award. He managed to walk, with help, to collect it. :) 

image.jpeg

Oskar probably had something to say about having to wear blue ! :laughcont: 

So Dave announced that little Oskar will be walking to the centre circle before the Preston match on January the 12th. I think as many people who can should get there early and cheer and clap the little man all the way. What an amazing achievement this will be for Oscar, his family, the club and every fan who helped with the fundraising or who put their hand in their pocket. 

This is a truly inspirational story and thanks so much for posting on pne-online

I have children and cannot imagine what this family and this boy have been through and we will be there at Ashton Gate and Im sure there will be no dry eye in the away end either , he's an inspiration to us all and Ill be privileged to see him walk onto the pitch next month , i hope he continues to make a superb recovery and has a truly wonderful Christmas and the Preston fans Im sure will be superb towards this amazing boy , football pails into insignificance 

Up the City 

Mortis ( Preston Fan ) 

3 hours ago, Mortis said:

This is a truly inspirational story and thanks so much for posting on pne-online

I have children and cannot imagine what this family and this boy have been through and we will be there at Ashton Gate and Im sure there will be no dry eye in the away end either , he's an inspiration to us all and Ill be privileged to see him walk onto the pitch next month , i hope he continues to make a superb recovery and has a truly wonderful Christmas and the Preston fans Im sure will be superb towards this amazing boy , football pails into insignificance 

Up the City 

Mortis ( Preston Fan ) 

Nice one Mortis. Good to see BCFC and PNE still have the respect for each other we had last year.

4 hours ago, Mortis said:

Up the City 

Mortis ( Preston Fan ) 

Hey Mortis, How are you pal?

If you are coming down, I owe you a beer! Let me know.

• Admin

Was thinking about this on the train to work today.

It was a really horrid situation for Oskar and his family to find themselves in a few years back, and lets be honest they have been fortunate in the sense that the footballing community have come together in an unprecedented way, and amazingly assist in raising the funds needed

I was thinking how great it would be if there was maybe an "Oskar Pyecroft Foundation" set up, where children and families in the same situation could get help too

Oskar was one of the lucky one's to get assistance, but I bet there are other families tearing their hair out with nowhere to turn, what a great legacy Oskar would have, and his story alone would be an inspiration for those equally put into this ridiculous situation

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

Was thinking about this on the train to work today.

It was a really horrid situation for Oskar and his family to find themselves in a few years back, and lets be honest they have been fortunate in the sense that the footballing community have come together in an unprecedented way, and amazingly assist in raising the funds needed

I was thinking how great it would be if there was maybe an "Oskar Pyecroft Foundation" set up, where children and families in the same situation could get help too

Oskar was one of the lucky one's to get assistance, but I bet there are other families tearing their hair out with nowhere to turn, what a great legacy Oskar would have, and his story alone would be an inspiration for those equally put into this ridiculous situation

What a WONDERFUL Idea :clapping::clapping::clapping:

I was thinking about a OTIB collection each Xmas for a great local cause but your idea is much better :clapping:

Archived