IGNORED

Oskar Thread For Updates And Well Wishes

Dollymarie

Wonderful news.

Is anybody (probably Dolly) able to advise whether these are, literally, his first steps or his first steps since surgery - apologies if this has been explained previously.

He's been doing the odd bit of assisted walking using sticks and mainly relying on the support of a physiotherapist, but only a couple of weeks before his operation. He's never walked without assistance and that is the aim of this operation.

I've just rung his mum, he has today walked 20 metres using a walking frame for the first time in his life. He's got to complete a further 15 physio sessions before he's allowed to come home. So he should be home next Thursday as he has two sessions in a day. Then the private physio at home kicks in.

He was asking me to get off the phone so that mummy wasn't talking over the TV so loudly :D

He's been doing the odd bit of assisted walking using sticks and mainly relying on the support of a physiotherapist, but only a couple of weeks before his operation. He's never walked without assistance and that is the aim of this operation.

I've just rung his mum, he has today walked 20 metres using a walking frame for the first time in his life. He's got to complete a further 15 physio sessions before he's allowed to come home. So he should be home next Thursday as he has two sessions in a day. Then the private physio at home kicks in.

He was asking me to get off the phone so that mummy wasn't talking over the TV so loudly :D

Brilliant news.

Home at the end of next week, hopefully ! :thumbsup:

Saw him earlier on my tv local news. Mellowed me a bit after seeing all those Gasheads celebrating...just enough to offer my congratulations on their promotion, but only to those who donated to help Oskar.

His mum isn't happy about that as they never asked permission to take a video from her social media about her son, plus the physio never gave permission for her face to be shown either.

Needless to say she's gonna be on the phone to them tomorrow . . . .

...just enough to offer my congratulations on their promotion, but only to those who donated to help Oskar.

Fair play and Quite right too Red - having accepted they're up - I did think of them an some other decent Gasheads and did think people like that deserved it

Brilliant news Dolly - thanks for the updates :D

His mum isn't happy about that as they never asked permission to take a video from her social media about her son, plus the physio never gave permission for her face to be shown either.

I did think it was odd that it was obviously taken from social media rather than fresh footage shot by them professionally.

please ask her not to be too cross,it was a joy to watch  :thumbsup:

Honestly you should.  It's bloody lovely!

Crying is optional

I was going to post similar. Fordy you will feel better for watching it, it's all positive.

What does make my blood absolutely boil though is the fact that the operation could not be done on the NHS. There must be similarities to people being taught how to walk again after a stroke or an accident, and that's fully funded isn't it. Very wrong that Oskar has had to do it the hard way, but at least he is.

I was going to post similar. Fordy you will feel better for watching it, it's all positive.

What does make my blood absolutely boil though is the fact that the operation could not be done on the NHS. There must be similarities to people being taught how to walk again after a stroke or an accident, and that's fully funded isn't it. Very wrong that Oskar has had to do it the hard way, but at least he is.

It is a question of priorities M.If all of the money in the pot was used on people like Oskar,who would pay for Josie Cunningham's boob jobs?

Just been to see Oskar and read him and his mum all the messages posted since last time. He's enjoying being home for the weekend.

Mum says to say thanks for all the lovely messages. Oskar enjoyed the McDonald's muffin I took him, which he requested. He said I could post these two photos of him. Guess which one he prefers. :D

7726CCE6-6E09-43CE-8E81-93578B365CFF_zps

E2EC7207-8E17-42A2-8E77-BFD5A8F964DF_zps

Today is a good day.  Lizzy has just posted this on facebook

Three weeks ago I brought oskar into hospital.
When we arrived he was constantly in pain with tight muscles and unable to sit properly or to stand let alone walk.
Today is the day he is coming home.
Now my beautiful little man is having very little pain in his legs is sitting much better can shuffle himself out of his chair to stand at his walking frame and has walked. Yesterday being an enormous walk with a total of nearly 80 meters with a 5 min rest in the middle. Every day he is getting stronger and making me more proud of him everyday.
Oskar has set his target of how far he wants to walk and I know he will achieve it. He is an incredible boy and I would like to now stick two fingers up to all the doctors who said when he was much smaller that he would never achieve anything.
Without the help and support of some very special people this wouldn't have been possible. So a huge thank you to you all.

Sounds like real progress has been made.

The lad's our permanent mascot as far as I'm concerned and deserves nothing but praise for facing his challenges with such bravery and determination.

couldnt agree more, inspirational is one of the many words I could use for this young man.

Archived