IGNORED

All 2015 Summer Transfer In's And Out's/speculation/rumours (Merged)

rockinrobin

As far as Akpom is concerned, I'm not too sold on him. Would've been alright cover(better than Burns) but I'd rather save the funds for someone else. Keep burns around

Well I wouldn't worry about Akpom as he has signed on a season long loan for Hull. I am beginning to think SC and Burt are like rabbits caught in headlights. The transfer market is seriously hotting up and we seem unable to keep up with it or get any where near it

Well I wouldn't worry about Akpom as he has signed on a season long loan for Hull. I am beginning to think SC and Burt are like rabbits caught in headlights. The transfer market is seriously hotting up and we seem unable to keep up with it or get any where near it

Not really.

We just appear to be looking at completely unrealistic targets, if we get through Saturday with probably no more than one new arrival now and a League Two subs bench, I hope we then return to last season's strategy pretty damn quick.

Yea I meant it in a I'm not to bothered we didn't get him kind of way with Akpom. An upgrade over Burns but not enough to justify the extra wages we'd play.

Yes, it's still a bit worrying as there are quality players(signings and loans) going elsewhere every day. 4 weeks left in the window though. I'm back to my old thinking of it's alright for one match to have our squad size but would still like one a week now for the next 4. I'm glad to see we are still in for quality however and haven't rushed it as of yet.

Not really.

We just appear to be looking at completely unrealistic targets, if we get through Saturday with probably no more than one new arrival now and a League Two subs bench, I hope we then return to last season's strategy pretty damn quick.

I don't agree with that. I think the one truly unrealistic target we've been mentioned with it Tom Lees as he could've secured Prem moves in January from what I've read. Maguire wasn't available but talks of Hull securing a second loan CB from the prem on top of existing CBs. Sounds like Lingard is at least a faint possibility and as long as there is a chance, he's a player worth courting.

Who's to say there aren't lower league deals we feel we can complete quicker a few weeks on if it hasn't gone our way? I'd rather us try and get one of these surprises then fill out the squad with lower league signings and loans.

I don't agree with that. I think the one truly unrealistic target we've been mentioned with it Tom Lees as he could've secured Prem moves in January from what I've read. Maguire wasn't available but talks of Hull securing a second loan CB from the prem on top of existing CBs. Sounds like Lingard is at least a faint possibility and as long as there is a chance, he's a player worth courting.

Who's to say there aren't lower league deals we feel we can complete quicker a few weeks on if it hasn't gone our way? I'd rather us try and get one of these surprises then fill out the squad with lower league signings and loans.

so you don't agree about unrealistic targets but believe Lingard is still a possibility.......contradiction maybe?

so you don't agree about unrealistic targets but believe Lingard is still a possibility.......contradiction maybe?

No. I said I have only heard of one target that was unrealistic and that was Lees. Think Lingard is available and while we may not be favorites to sign him, his talent is worth the process.

No. I said I have only heard of one target that was unrealistic and that was Lees. Think Lingard is available and while we may not be favorites to sign him, his talent is worth the process.

If the targets are unrealistic you won't hear of them... because it would appear that even the bullshit mongers don't believe that they can get away with suggesting that the calibre of player that is being targeted would even consider joining us...

So we've gone for two Hull players who chose Reading instead, another who joined Villa and are trying to get rivals such as Hull and Sheffield Wed in our division to sell us amongst their most promising young players.

Now someone from Man U is unsurprisingly attracting the attention of a large side in the Prem.

Which bit of that isn't unrealistic?

So we've gone for two Hull players who chose Reading instead, another who joined Villa and are trying to get rivals such as Hull and Sheffield Wed in our division to sell us amongst their most promising young players.

Now someone from Man U is unsurprisingly attracting the attention of a large side in the Prem.

Which bit of that isn't unrealistic?

I've told you. The Sheffield Wednesday CB was unrealistic as he could've made a prem move in January. Harry Maguire is so convincing they're bringing in 2 more CBs on loan. Lingard is talented but came off the bench for a championship team that finished 7 or 8th and now is going to secure playing time at Newcastle with the same manager? If he values playing, then it's not unrealistic to think he could sign here as we have spots available.

It's almost like you don't want it to be realistic. Until every one of those targets has signed elsewhere, you have to think it's still realistic. So I'll keep believing in the team. You can go sit in your gloomy corner. Bet you were one of those ones complaining when we lost that one game every 10-15 matches huh?

All of this ITK chat going on at the moment reminded me of something.

I've only ever been ITK once, and it was a with a Mr Brendan Moloney:

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/152046-brendan-moloney/

My source? Didn't seem appropriate to post it at the time but I don't see any harm in revealing it now: Greg Cunningham's dad when I was sat next to him during the Leeds away game that year!

It's almost like you don't want it to be realistic. Until every one of those targets has signed elsewhere, you have to think it's still realistic. So I'll keep believing in the team. You can go sit in your gloomy corner. Bet you were one of those ones complaining when we lost that one game every 10-15 matches huh?

Well, you've been posting for a couple of weeks now that it'll be ok, new signings are coming soon, etc, etc. Hello, we start the season in four days and have about 14 players..

I'm the one who is being realistic. Last season we built our success on signings from Stevenage, Oldham and Yeovil and that market is where we should be looking now.

Trust me, I was as delighted as anyone last season but think we've made a major error in our strategy this summer.

Well, you've been posting for a couple of weeks now that it'll be ok, new signings are coming soon, etc, etc. Hello, we start the season in four days and have about 14 players..

I'm the one who is being realistic. Last season we built our success on signings from Stevenage, Oldham and Yeovil and that market is where we should be looking now.

Trust me, I was as delighted as anyone last season but think we've made a major error in our strategy this summer.

Everyone has different levels of optimism. I don't disagree that it hasn't worked. I'm just willing to give it until the end of the window. I know we are very thin on numbers and wouldn't mind seeing lower league signings but if management feels they can punch above their weight a bit and find a steal or two, then I'm willing to wait a bit longer.

I don't want to look at it from realistic or unrealistic. As a fan I believe if we are after them it is realistic. You want to put odds on us signing a Lees, Maguire or Lingard you won't be getting my money as it may not be likely. If the club wants to be thorough and aim high then I'll back it, assuming they have deals they think can come off as backup.

Just read that Bournemouth have brought in 9 players this summer and other than Brett Pitman I cannot think of anybody else leaving. Maybe there might be a player or 2 to have a look at from there. Players that might be now surplus to requirements and have a winning mentality. Always liked Simon Francis the right back that they have, great going forward and would suit the wing back role for us.

Archived