IGNORED

All 2015 Summer Transfer In's And Out's/speculation/rumours (Merged)

rockinrobin

I saw some betting company tweet earlier that we were odds on favourites to sign Bradshaw. Mind you, they said the same about Gayle, Gray.

Odds are based on number of bets placed though arent they. Cause bookies don't want to loose.

Doesn't mean there is anything in it.

As you all know I've been harping on about Bradshaw for well over a year now, I'm not sure if he's come on as much as I originally thought but, he's still improving and he's scored goals in a poor team against predominantly better oppososition than Walsall! 

He may not be everyone's idea of our dream signing, especially when you look at the strikers we've been linked with, however given time I can see the lad getting goals at this level, he's very clinical and also has good vision and movement which I think would compliment either Kodjia or Wilbraham respectively.

One things for sure If we do sign Bradshaw, it will be for double the ammount we could have got him for last season and as much as theres the desperation factor and us having shown our hand financially (well sort of) his price has risen accordingly to his improvement. Who ever picks him up will have a lower league player, an un polished diamond but one very capable of being cut into a VS1 bobby Dazzler.

Anyone that comes in now is surely going to have to be permanent? We can only have 5 loans in a match day squad I believe and Baker and Moore make 4. Assuming we'd want to keep capacity for an emergency loan in an injury crisis, it does cut down the options a touch. As a result, I think we'll almost certainly see 1 or 2 permanent signings this afternoon

PS when I say 'think' I obviously mean 'please Mr Lansdown, pleeeeaaaasssseeee?!'

After all the high profile big money attempts to get a striker we end up not signing any strikers.Sums it all up really.Confused and incompetent transfer window from start to finish..What a wasted opportunity..What took the biscuit for me was Doyle going on loan to Preston when he passes us to get there and is at a club who are 30 miles away from us.

After all the high profile big money attempts to get a striker we end up not signing any strikers.Sums it all up really.Confused and incompetent transfer window from start to finish..What a wasted opportunity..What took the biscuit for me was Doyle going on loan to Preston when he passes us to get there and is at a club who are 30 miles away from us.

don't necessarily disagree with your overall point, but I'm really not convinced Eoin Doyle improves us particularly. He didn't pull up trees at Cardiff and we don't need bodies up front we need players who will do the business

A few people saying it definitely was and that seems to have been taken as enough. Not sure how itk they are but I find it hard to believe it was Kermogant that Cotts was interested in. And even harder to believe we'd still be interested in January for a 33 yr old who just signed a new contract.

The famous Alan Nixon, who doesn't seem to get much right, said it was definitely Kermogant that fell through on transfer deadline day.

Personally I still think it was Bradshaw. Just fits the general feel of how the window went, I think the fact that Bradshaw had a game on the final day of the window could explain why we took too long. 

It wasn't Bradshaw, they didn't have ANY offers for him. 

Their manager said otherwise. Heard him on BBC Birmingham last weekend. Would be a weird thing to say if untrue, he sounded genuinely surprised about it to be honest. 

they received an offer from Swindon, confirmed by both clubs, however their manager said they didn't receive any offers near the valuation. Therefore it couldn't have been Bradshaw as the player in question completed a medical 

I don't think that you are 100% certain...

nope I am 100% certain it wasn't. Don't know how certain others are though. I am certain no one has a clue who we are interested in. I'm not certain the recruitment staff are certain who they are interested in. I am certain that the window had been frustrating. 

Archived