IGNORED

All 2015 Summer Transfer In's And Out's/speculation/rumours (Merged)

rockinrobin

Well, unless this possible striker on a permanent/loan deal materialises, or the loan for a defender that SC mentioned, personally I don't see us signing anyone before the short term loan window reopens.

Don't know how I feel about that. Certainly think Kodjia looks like he could end up an astute buy, and pleased both Bobby Reid and Wes Burns seem to have stepped up and taken their chance to be genuine squad player contenders. Silver linings and all that.

But do think that once things speed up in terms of number of games, and intensity as the league settles over winter, am concerned we don't have the depth to cover dips in form, suspensions or injuries.

Freeman's stint out showed we've a deputy there which we maybe didn't think we had, but imagine if we had similar red cards as last year in the run up to Christmas, i.e. Wade Elliot at Swindon and Williams against Crewe - Pack and Cunningham were brought in, and I don't believe we've got similar resources in those areas this year.

Also; lost both Wilbraham and Agard for around month at Christmas, and though with Robinson and Kodjia around the squad now may have replacements, the fact we're taking about only having replacements up top, and pretty much nowhere else worries me still.

Well, unless this possible striker on a permanent/loan deal materialises, or the loan for a defender that SC mentioned, personally I don't see us signing anyone before the short term loan window reopens.

Don't know how I feel about that. Certainly think Kodjia looks like he could end up an astute buy, and pleased both Bobby Reid and Wes Burns seem to have stepped up and taken their chance to be genuine squad player contenders. Silver linings and all that.

But do think that once things speed up in terms of number of games, and intensity as the league settles over winter, am concerned we don't have the depth to cover dips in form, suspensions or injuries.

Freeman's stint out showed we've a deputy there which we maybe didn't think we had, but imagine if we had similar red cards as last year in the run up to Christmas, i.e. Wade Elliot at Swindon and Williams against Crewe - Pack and Cunningham were brought in, and I don't believe we've got similar resources in those areas this year.

Also; lost both Wilbraham and Agard for around month at Christmas, and though with Robinson and Kodjia around the squad now may have replacements, the fact we're taking about only having replacements up top, and pretty much nowhere else worries me still.

If it all comes down to the short term loan window this club is a ******* joke.... Simple!!

Exactly. Even if we bring in that striker and defender I feel we are about 2-3 short on top of that. I'm all for not wasting money but we literally have no cover for Smith or Pack and one of those we aren't too sure can compete at a high enough level in this league. I hope we have a surprise signing or two in the works.

Looks like Guediora might be on his way out at Palace. Any chance that we could rekindle our supposed interest?

Guedioura, Jonny Williams, Barry Bannan and Adrian Mariappa are all supposedly available from Palace. I'd be happy with any of them. Zeki Fryers also available, never seen him play but could be an option to provide competition to Bryan and Williams. 

Guedioura, Jonny Williams, Barry Bannan and Adrian Mariappa are all supposedly available from Palace. I'd be happy with any of them. Zeki Fryers also available, never seen him play but could be an option to provide competition to Bryan and Williams.

Agree. Bannan would be my pick but any of those! Good suggestions.

I'd also have any of these. Bannan and Fryers would be my two picks on loan if I could. Fryers is a LB by trade but is a big lad who could slot in at any spot on the left I think. Problem is he hasn't played very much senior football.

Then you've got Bannan who is talented and played all kinds of senior football. Would add experience to the squad. If you pair him with Smith you lose that aerial presence that Pack provides but you get better at every other aspect so probably a fair trade off.

Those would be my two. Probably won't get any of them though but it's only a forum so why not speculate

I'd also have any of these. Bannan and Fryers would be my two picks on loan if I could. Fryers is a LB by trade but is a big lad who could slot in at any spot on the left I think. Problem is he hasn't played very much senior football.

Then you've got Bannan who is talented and played all kinds of senior football. Would add experience to the squad. If you pair him with Smith you lose that aerial presence that Pack provides but you get better at every other aspect so probably a fair trade off.

Those would be my two. Probably won't get any of them though but it's only a forum so why not speculate

Agree with you that Pack's height is a valuable asset in midfield. Gary Gardner at Villa would be another great signing on loan (6 ft 2 as well). They'll all probably go to bigger championship clubs but we can hope!

Well most of the European windows close today. A few at 6pm and a few more at midnight. So the next 8-14 hours could be exciting and depending on what moves are made could open up a few for us. I'm hoping anyway.

Are you thinking European moves to other clubs freeing up loans/transfers into our club? If not, we can still but from Europe tomorrow..

Saw Bannan is linked with Sheffield Wednesday (who isn't right now?) though also mentioned the 'usual suspects' of Forest, QPR and Brighton too, the first of those three always amusing me, being they struggle to sign anyone currently, but 'Big Team'; have to be mentioned, I guess...

http://www.slp.co.uk/article.cfm?id=3191&headline=Sheffield%20Wednesday%20leading%20the%20chase%20for%20Crystal%20Palace%20midfielder%20Barry%20Bannan

Would like to see... well, pretty much any of those names here, though think Guedioura isn't likely.

Agree. Bannan would be my pick but any of those! Good suggestions.

I'd have said so before the last two games.

I now think Reid can be the alternative creative midfielder but we have no cover for Korey Smith at all.

I find comments that Cotterill only took us up because he spent big, ludicrous.

Firstly the sale of Baldock balanced the books, secondly he has built a young team that plays attractive football ( none of the hoof that many suggested).

And to my surprise he is now giving Reid a chance and has also played Burns (from the bench) in every game, too.

Yes, he is a bad loser, I don't always see the game as he does, when he rarely seems to think we deserved to lose, but he is a bloody good manager with a track record of keeping teams in this division, which as far as I'm concerned should be this season's requirement.

Final point, where is Keith Burt in all this? Surely the summer's shambles is at least partly his fault?

Often bad losers are the winners in careers and life. It makes you push that little bit harder than others for success. As people, I prefer those that are driven by the fear of failure rather than glory of success but either way I'm happy to have a self-proclaimed 'winner' in charge of my team.

I read somewhere that the defender we were in for would "fit in with our system". I assume that means he's either a wing back or can play in a three?

did SC also say a loan looks likely? That is disapointing that it's not permanent but if we are only looking at loans why haven't we identified & going for several positions as we are majorly short in every position and it seems permanent deals are unlikely.

The international break is a perfect opportunity to get people up to speed and to work on addressing our tactical weaknesses. We could do with new squad members in to work on this. I hope we are not going to try & ride our luck with a minute squad like last year.

What a tortuous thread this has been.All the great suggestions on here of players that the club might want to consider and within the blink of an eye signed by other clubs.Does anyone really think we will or are even capable of making signings on deadline day, SC has already started to raise the white flag by saying we will  probably rely on the loan system.I imagine tomorrow will bring another shed load of disappointment.

What a tortuous thread this has been.All the great suggestions on here of players that the club might want to consider and within the blink of an eye signed by other clubs.Does anyone really think we will or are even capable of making signings on deadline day, SC has already started to raise the white flag by saying we will probably rely on the loan system.I imagine tomorrow will bring another shed load of disappointment.

Disappointingly it's looking like a squad padded by loan signings and no real experience added. The tiny squad is ridiculous. Does anyone know how many loan players we can sign/use?

Archived