IGNORED

All 2015 Summer Transfer In's And Out's/speculation/rumours (Merged)

rockinrobin

I see Fernando Forestieri has been turned down by Leeds chairman for not being "mentally right". Not exactly sure what he means by that.

Would he be someone that we would be interested in?

Not ITK at all, but has scored goals at this level before and wouldn't cost silly money.

Thoughts?

Coming from that clown, Forestieri should probably take it as a compliment.

Just hoping SL will shell out a few quid on getting us some decent loans from the Prem.

Can't think we'll get anyone that good on loan without having to pay. Unlikely anyone else on loan will be that great, as if they were they'd actually be playing.

Can't think SL will want to un-do all the hard work of actually getting to the Championship. It just wouldn't make any sense, plus the new ground.

Who knows what the hell is going on!!! :dunno:

I see Fernando Forestieri has been turned down by Leeds chairman for not being "mentally right". Not exactly sure what he means by that.

Would he be someone that we would be interested in?

Not ITK at all, but has scored goals at this level before and wouldn't cost silly money.

Thoughts?

If he's not " mentally right " for Leeds ,i'd welcome him with open arms here . :cool2:

Fredricks is leaving City already!!

Not a good sign then!!

Now who was it that said that I was talking rubbish about our geographical position causing a problem with signing players?

I don't know who called it rubbish but you're talking rubbish now. 

You have no idea that's the reason he's leaving.

So why has he gone back to London then & Ives leaving too after such a short time here!!

Why have we been unable to sign anyone else from the country?

Bristol is in the middle nowhere as far as some people are concerned.

And it won't just be money being the reason why some of our targets haven't signed.

And I'm pretty sure we would have been in the market for a lot more than just Gayle & Gray since we won promotion.

Don't get me wrong, I love the place but I'm from here!!

Think that when you look at the number of shots we have had, both on and off target, in the last two home games alone, not only does it highlight why we've been going for experienced Championship strikers this summer, but possibly indicates that this is still an area we need to improve in.

Yes, Kodjia has two in six appearances now, and may end up an excellent long term investment if and when he improved, but we need someone converting these chances - means that if it takes time to work out the defensive kinks and stop giving away goals at set pieces/on the break, then at least we are giving ourselves a chance at some points by scoring the opportunities we do generate.

Surprised Agard hasn't been seeing more game time; can only conclude he's still unfit.

He's not rated by Walsall fans, what makes you think he will be good enough for C'ship?

Would be fine as our 3rd central midfielder. Can play box to box as well as a sitter. Good physical presence and is definitively more mobile than Pack. I think Bobby Reid was written off by many city fans too and he's proved recently he's more than able to play championship football. Oh and by the way I've just seen Sawyers' goal vs Blackpool and oh my it's an absolute scorcher

So why has he gone back to London then & Ives leaving too after such a short time here!!

Why have we been unable to sign anyone else from the country?

Bristol is in the middle nowhere as far as some people are concerned.

And it won't just be money being the reason why some of our targets haven't signed.

And I'm pretty sure we would have been in the market for a lot more than just Gayle & Gray since we won promotion.

Don't get me wrong, I love the place but I'm from here!!

You're reading way too much into the geography thing. Bristol hasn't suddenly relocated further into the sticks since we were promoted to the Championship, and I think I'm right in saying that we signed several players who were very keen to move here last summer

Would be fine as our 3rd central midfielder. Can play box to box as well as a sitter. Good physical presence and is definitively more mobile than Pack. I think Bobby Reid was written off by many city fans too and he's proved recently he's more than able to play championship football. Oh and by the way I've just seen Sawyers' goal vs Blackpool and oh my it's an absolute scorcher

Romaine Sawyers is not a good physical presence. Where have you got this from? Just because he scored a good goal doesn't make him good enough for the championship! Walsall fans don't rate him at league 1 level, therefore imo he's not good enough for us!

Scraping the barrel big time.

Yep.

Got told I was moaning unnecessarily when I said a month ago that we should change our strategy back to last season's.

This summer has been an unmitigated disaster and now we have SC talking about making do with just two loans, wow.

Yep.

Got told I was moaning unnecessarily when I said a month ago that we should change our strategy back to last season's.

This summer has been an unmitigated disaster and now we have SC talking about making do with just two loans, wow.

This is contradictory. The poster said we'd be scraping the barrel going for Sawyers which is exactly what it would be but you're saying we should have reverted to last year's policy, namely going for proven league one players which is what sawyers, arguably, is. I just don't see how any one wouldn't want us to be after the best calibre of player possible and sawyers is definitely not that.

Archived