IGNORED

All 2015 Summer Transfer In's And Out's/speculation/rumours (Merged)

rockinrobin

Well we are definitely in for Albert and Vydra, as confirmed thru an ITK tonight but if we get them is another matter he's also commented (that part wasn't rocket science).

Vydra on the bench for Watford today, just can't see it.

I'm starting to wonder if my initial view of Cotterill was right, I was worried he was a spender rather than an all round manager. I got caught up in last seasons amazing performance and just stopped caring as whatever we did worked but now looking back at it we bought all of the best players we could afford and worked with that, now it seems Cotterill is unable to change strategy, sticking with the same formation which does produce some nice football at times but also looks weak with no real quality in the middle and a lot of long balls being played. The worst part is his strategy with transfers seems to be the same and we just don't seem to have the finances to buy top quality Championship players.

I'm concerned that his complaining about finances is essentially him saying "I can't buy all the players I want and I don't know what else to do". At what point do we let Cotterill go if things continue as they are? He needs his chance to prove himself in the Championship but at the moment we look like a sinking ship as we're playing well but also not getting the results and even our one win was a case of holding on for dear life.

Is anyone else a little worried we could be in a relegation spot before Cotterill can turn things around, or do we still have faith in him? Does anyone feel that we've just not got the wage structure to compete in the Championship? And if we do then why are we not getting the players in, what is it about this club that is keeping the players away?

I'm starting to wonder if my initial view of Cotterill was right, I was worried he was a spender rather than an all round manager. I got caught up in last seasons amazing performance and just stopped caring as whatever we did worked but now looking back at it we bought all of the best players we could afford and worked with that, now it seems Cotterill is unable to change strategy, sticking with the same formation which does produce some nice football at times but also looks weak with no real quality in the middle and a lot of long balls being played. The worst part is his strategy with transfers seems to be the same and we just don't seem to have the finances to buy top quality Championship players.

I'm concerned that his complaining about finances is essentially him saying "I can't buy all the players I want and I don't know what else to do". At what point do we let Cotterill go if things continue as they are? He needs his chance to prove himself in the Championship but at the moment we look like a sinking ship as we're playing well but also not getting the results and even our one win was a case of holding on for dear life.

Is anyone else a little worried we could be in a relegation spot before Cotterill can turn things around, or do we still have faith in him? Does anyone feel that we've just not got the wage structure to compete in the Championship? And if we do then why are we not getting the players in, what is it about this club that is keeping the players away?

I'm not worried at all. Last week we beat Boro away. This week we outplayed Burnley for long periods, without arguably our best player. So we've shown that we're as good as any team in this division. If we can iron out a couple of sloppy defensive issues, we'll be a force in this league. The transfer situation hasn't been ideal, but I stand by Lansdown 100 per cent. Breaking the wage structure not only puts the club in financial difficulty, it also creates divisions in the dressing room. If we can get a couple of good League One players as competition for what we already have, we should comfortably finish mid-table

I would not let Coterrill go. He got us promoted, bought some outstanding players. We just outplayed Burnley and beat Middlesbrough away. I do agree that he should change the system, but then again the system was certainly not the problem against Burnley. 

We do not know exactly why we have not signed anyone other than Kodjia. But it looks like we will atleast be getting in a defender and a striker. All we can ask for is survival this season and build from there. I think we're gonna stay up.

I think we are a very young team and Inexperienced in this league. We've more than held our own in this league without getting the results we need. I think with a few additions we'll be just fine. Cotts clearly wants to achieve things this season and not just settle. Who can blame him he like most fans think this is a great opportunity to push on. Hopefully 1 or 2 additions will have us maintaining and maybe reassess in January to see if we can push on with Cotts.

I find comments that Cotterill only took us up because he spent big, ludicrous.

Firstly the sale of Baldock balanced the books, secondly he has built a young team that plays attractive football ( none of the hoof that many suggested).

And to my surprise he is now giving Reid a chance and has also played Burns (from the bench) in every game, too.

Yes, he is a bad loser, I don't always see the game as he does, when he rarely seems to think we deserved to lose, but he is a bloody good manager with a track record of keeping teams in this division, which as far as I'm concerned should be this season's requirement.

Final point, where is Keith Burt in all this? Surely the summer's shambles is at least partly his fault?

I'm sure most City fans would take our position in the table right now, wouldn't you?

Personally, I think that you've implied we're going to be involved in a relegation scrap. May be wrong in how ininterperated it. I think we should be looking at trying to hit the top half.

I'd like to think we can push for somewhere between 13th and 17/18th and be comfortably clear of the relegation 'battle'.

Firstly the sale of Baldock balanced the books, secondly he has built a young team that plays attractive football ( none of the hoof that many suggested).

And to my surprise he is now giving Reid a chance and has also played Burns (from the bench) in every game, too.

Yes, he is a bad loser, I don't always see the game as he does, when he rarely seems to think we deserved to lose, but he is a bloody good manager with a track record of keeping teams in this division, which as far as I'm concerned should be this season's requirement.

Final point, where is Keith Burt in all this? Surely the summer's shambles is at least partly his fault?

It's no ones "fault". We just won't pay the wages that the likes of Burnley are offering because of their parachute payments.

Agree about Burt. No video from him this year either. What's going on here? Is he next to leave?

Firstly are you aware whether or not we tried to sign him permanently?, secondly Rangers, big crowds, europe perhaps the season after next?????

I get where you're coming from and I get the frustration of others. Reported 250k for him so why not try to bid 350k for him. It's still down to the player I guess but I imagine being part of the squad he knew he'd be getting some game time early with Little out so did he not want to come back or did we not want him back?

The answer is we will never know because that information isn't told to us.

I get where you're coming from and I get the frustration of others. Reported 250k for him so why not try to bid 350k for him. It's still down to the player I guess but I imagine being part of the squad he knew he'd be getting some game time early with Little out so did he not want to come back or did we not want him back?

The answer is we will never know because that information isn't told to us.

and I understand the frustrations of course I do, but posts like "why didn't we sign him or him or him" are just plain silly, they imply that we had no interest in the player, when again nobody knows, whether we did or we didn't.

Archived