IGNORED

All 2015 Summer Transfer In's And Out's/speculation/rumours (Merged)

rockinrobin

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but I have to say you cannot have seen him play that often. Spineless and overrated as a footballer. Doesn't anyone wonder why he rarely got a game if his Dad wasn't the manager.

You seem to be suggesting that LJ didn't contribute anything to our promotion to the Championship and subsequent playoff final appearance (following our most successful season since the 70's) and the only reason he was in the team was because his dad was manager? Really? Wow, we played with 10 men for 2 seasons and still nearly got to the Prem!

Didn't want to start a new thread on it but I read this morning an article regarding money and more so debt in the Championship

I see it is claimed Bolton Wanderers are........

182 Million !!!! in Debt !!!!

How can they ever hope to get out of that !!!

Madness !!

I think the plan is to get into the premier league, stay there for 3 seasons and clear the debt. There is a slight problem with their plan though because they are heading the other way.

You seem to be suggesting that LJ didn't contribute anything to our promotion to the Championship and subsequent playoff final appearance (following our most successful season since the 70's) and the only reason he was in the team was because his dad was manager? Really? Wow, we played with 10 men for 2 seasons and still nearly got to the Prem!

Obviously 11 men in theory, probably only 10.5 in reality.

Can't imagine that being true. With our squad the size it is, and the lack of numbers at CB, surely if Burnley we're going to come in they'd open with a significantly higher offer. Especially as SL has shown a capital investment is not needed.

Exactly; clubs seem to realise we aren't a selling club - hence getting no offers we know of for our star players.

Obviously all of them have a price, but it'll be a high one.

I think the plan is to get into the premier league, stay there for 3 seasons and clear the debt. There is a slight problem with their plan though because they are heading the other way.

I remember Phil Gartside being desperate to make the Prem a closed shop when Bolton were in it. Unfortunately for him that happened via the back door (FFP) and just at the time when it has ruined Bolton's realistic prospects.

I can see them dropping all the way down the league pyramid.

Amazing, we won promotion to the Championship and nearly the Prem with 10.5 players! You've cheered me up

Thank God it never occurred that LJ was shown a red card while playing for City...the opposition would surely have demanded that along with LJ leaving the pitch one of the remaining City players be sawn in half and one of those halves be removed too so we would be a whole man lighter than our opponents.

Agree - that's their only hope but offloading their better players and the obvious restriction on spending can only push them in the wrong direction !!!

Can't imagine that being true. With our squad the size it is, and the lack of numbers at CB, surely if Burnley we're going to come in they'd open with a significantly higher offer. Especially as SL has shown a capital investment is not needed.

'Significantly higher' wins the 'Understatement of the Year Award'. 

Right now the guy is irreplaceable. That makes his value higher than anyone would pay. But if money was absolutely no object he would be the most expensive CB of all time, period. Because we can.

I remember Phil Gartside being desperate to make the Prem a closed shop when Bolton were in it. Unfortunately for him that happened via the back door (FFP) and just at the time when it has ruined Bolton's realistic prospects.

I can see them dropping all the way down the league pyramid.

And was he another one who said, ala' the Chairman at the Valley about Curbs, 'We feel Sam has taken us as far he can and its time to kick on now' ? Or did Sam walk? Either way.. that was their zenith and i think you might be right about their fall from grace although if they can control the debt i think they will settle in the third tier and stay there for some time.

Laugh. A few 0000's left out of that one :laughcont:

Precisely.

Thank God it never occurred that LJ was shown a red card while playing for City...the opposition would surely have demanded that along with LJ leaving the pitch one of the remaining City players be sawn in half and one of those halves be removed too so we would be a whole man lighter than our opponents.

Red card? Highly unlikely as that would have involved physical contact.

@chriswisey: #Bristol City boss Steve Cotterill told me today he is still 'hopeful' of signing someone before the transfer window closes next week.

@chriswisey: Cotterill says he 'can't sell the club' any more than he has to potential new players. Missed targets 'purely down to finances' #BristolCity

From OS

Cotts pre Burnley interview

Steve Cotterill met the local and national media ahead of Saturday's Sky Bet Championship clash with Burnley at Ashton Gate.

Here's a brief summary of what he had to say...

- Frank Fielding recovering well from shoulder injury and should be back in training in two weeks

- Mark Little's start at Middlesbrough has aided his recovery further

- Cotterill proud of his time at Burnley, adding: "We had little to spend and I like to think I spent (chairman) Barry Kilby's last penny wisely."

- He continued: "Nine of the eleven players that took up joined the club when I was there. I was delighted when they went up and always look for their results."

- Cotterill still keeps in touch with Burnley and wishes them well for the season - except on Saturday!

- City boss says his opposite number Sean Dyche has done a good job at the club

- Cotterill says: "They've lost (Danny) Ings and (Kieran) Trippier but they've still got the bulk of their Premier League squad and some decent replacements as well

- Manager wants to add to his squad and admits deals could happen "in and out" of Ashton Gate before the deadline

- Cotterill admits he'd rather not rely on the loan market but admits he's likely to utilise loans

- City boss says: "I don't want Bristol City always being one of those clubs that lanquishes around the bottom of table...we need to break that mould somehow."

- Cotterill says playing good football all season long will help attract players, but admits: "You can't always bridge the huge financial hole - it's impossible. If it's close (the difference between the wages offered and wanted) then we have a chance."

Read more at http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/managers-burnley-press-conference-2651048.aspx#rFzYtEW0AfgkO5KC.99

From OS

Cotts pre Burnley interview

Steve Cotterill met the local and national media ahead of Saturday's Sky Bet Championship clash with Burnley at Ashton Gate.

Here's a brief summary of what he had to say...

- Frank Fielding recovering well from shoulder injury and should be back in training in two weeks

- Mark Little's start at Middlesbrough has aided his recovery further

- Cotterill proud of his time at Burnley, adding: "We had little to spend and I like to think I spent (chairman) Barry Kilby's last penny wisely."

- He continued: "Nine of the eleven players that took up joined the club when I was there. I was delighted when they went up and always look for their results."

- Cotterill still keeps in touch with Burnley and wishes them well for the season - except on Saturday!

- City boss says his opposite number Sean Dyche has done a good job at the club

- Cotterill says: "They've lost (Danny) Ings and (Kieran) Trippier but they've still got the bulk of their Premier League squad and some decent replacements as well

- Manager wants to add to his squad and admits deals could happen "in and out" of Ashton Gate before the deadline

- Cotterill admits he'd rather not rely on the loan market but admits he's likely to utilise loans

- City boss says: "I don't want Bristol City always being one of those clubs that lanquishes around the bottom of table...we need to break that mould somehow."

- Cotterill says playing good football all season long will help attract players, but admits: "You can't always bridge the huge financial hole - it's impossible. If it's close (the difference between the wages offered and wanted) then we have a chance."

Read more at http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/managers-burnley-press-conference-2651048.aspx#rFzYtEW0AfgkO5KC.99

Dealings in and out of Ashton Gate? So some truth in the Flint rumours then maybe?

Archived