IGNORED

All 2015 Summer Transfer In's And Out's/speculation/rumours (Merged)

rockinrobin

Yup - just mentioned this to a Newcastle fan in the office; he asked me how much I had in my pockets right now (nothing; left my wallet in my bag), then said that sounds like a fair price for Williamson, and if our manager didn't fancy picking him, he'd pay his train fare!

Williamson is awful. I'd prefer to stick with el Abd rather than him.

Seems to be the prevailing opinion from everyone.

Strikes me as bizarre he's played so many games in the Premier League, all things considered.

Indeed.  Newcastle must have loads of academy players just itching for a run out.

All I can think is that Newcastle is putting him in the shop windowin the hope that he'll be bought by a club that doesn't bother doing their scouting properly.

Hopefully that isn't us.

Indeed.  Newcastle must have loads of academy players just itching for a run out.

All I can think is that Newcastle is putting him in the shop windowin the hope that he'll be bought by a club that doesn't bother doing their scouting properly.

Hopefully that isn't us.

I always thought how can this guy play in the prem every week , he always was making mistakes , some players just are lucky i guess .

Okay NUFC fans don't rate him, and when I've seen him on TV, he strikes me as a nothing special premier league player....but I would think he's good enough for Championship. He's played 150 games for NUFC, he can't be that shite can he.

At 6'4" he'd make good cover for AF.

The problem with getting players like him in is that you're gonna have to sell him first team football....I don't think SC could, unless he thinks he's better than AF. Obviously SC could lie, and tell him he'll be first choice, but I don't see SC being like that.

Can't see it happening, but as a squad member I think it would be an okay signing.

Shocking isn't it that we are all getting picky about a player who's played more games in the BPL than our whole squad has in the Champ!!!!!

Okay NUFC fans don't rate him, and when I've seen him on TV, he strikes me as a nothing special premier league player....but I would think he's good enough for Championship. He's played 150 games for NUFC, he can't be that shite can he.

At 6'4" he'd make good cover for AF.

The problem with getting players like him in is that you're gonna have to sell him first team football....I don't think SC could, unless he thinks he's better than AF. Obviously SC could lie, and tell him he'll be first choice, but I don't see SC being like that.

Can't see it happening, but as a squad member I think it would be an okay signing.

Shocking isn't it that we are all getting picky about a player who's played more games in the BPL than our whole squad has in the Champ!!!!!

One name. Nicky Hunt.

Case closed.

Sometimes players playing with lower level players struggle. Not saying that was case for NH.....thought he was crap for BWFC too. I remember a group of us chatting with Gerry Sweeney and him saying how difficult he found it when he played for York after leaving us. Nobody made the simple runs, they all expected him to do more on the ball etc.

As above I would think Williamson would be a good experienced squad member. Id expect he'd want more wages than we'd want to give....and I suspect it's nowt more than a rumour.

Think a lot of these average players will be available on loan. IMO the transfer policy is (and always has been) only sign players who will improve the first 11 anyone else can be picked up in the loan market.

Sensible as we have spent a lot of money in wages on dross in the past so not having long term contracts for that type of player makes sense

Why has it taken us until August 26th to (allegedly) bid for Bradley Dack? If the rumoured interest in Bradshaw also has any truth, we're now targeting the players we've known about with days remaining in the transfer window. Strange. Fair enough with Bradshaw, I suppose, we've aimed for better strikers. But we've not made any bids for any other midfielders? Why so late?

Dack about to sign, SC to Dack's agent "what the **** is he doing in the corner of the room?", agent "don't worry he always does that when he's excited".

Haha.

I'm all for rehabilitation etc but I don't think Dack is of enough quality to warrant the risk that he may upset the balance of the squad or bring the club into disrepute.

If he was picked up for a reasonable fee I can see why that might swing the balance towards the gamble but if they want a million quid it would be a big 'maybe another time if you prove your attitude first' from me.

Haha.

I'm all for rehabilitation etc but I don't think Dack is of enough quality to warrant the risk that he may upset the balance of the squad or bring the club into disrepute.

If he was picked up for a reasonable fee I can see why that might swing the balance towards the gamble but if they want a million quid it would be a big 'maybe another time if you prove your attitude first' from me.

I just hope that he washes his hands before using SC's pen.

Archived