IGNORED

All 2015 Summer Transfer In's And Out's/speculation/rumours (Merged)

rockinrobin

COYR

Not sure LJ has established any credentials in management and was a below average performer as a player / leader.

I disagree with this assessment and offended that we would entertain this discussion with the quality and performance of the our current manager.

Loyalty Passion Pride Integrity. (Two way street, don't create unwarranted pressure)

Really ? He's only been a manager for 2 years and you've already established him as top grade ? He's achieved nothing so far

Not all clubs can challenge for honours and so just because he hasn't won any competitions doesn't mean he has achieved nothing.

Frankly turning up to Oldham as they were looking like relegation fodder, saving them, and then leading the charge up the table to make them play off candidates definitely sounds like an achievement to me.

I agree he's not establish but I think it wrong not to acknowledge achievements he had at Oldham. From what I can see there's reason to be have high expectations for him, but (like you I imagine) I'd be quick to point out he's only at the start of a very long career so who knows whether it's temporary.

Own up....Who posted this on sky's rumour site ?

mr bristol city says...

26/08/15 2:40pm

My mate is a groundsman at city and he has supposedly seen joey barton currently taking his medical as soon as he has finished Andy Carroll's agent is due in for talks about a loan deal. YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST

Definite - 19

Never - 89

Own up....Who posted this on sky's rumour site ?

mr bristol city says...

26/08/15 2:40pm

My mate is a groundsman at city and he has supposedly seen joey barton currently taking his medical as soon as he has finished Andy Carroll's agent is due in for talks about a loan deal. YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST

Definite - 19

Never - 89

COYR

Not sure LJ has established any credentials in management and was a below average performer as a player / leader.

I disagree with this assessment and offended that we would entertain this discussion with the quality and performance of the our current manager.

Loyalty Passion Pride Integrity. (Two way street, don't create unwarranted pressure)

Don't be 'offended' about it, it's what a forum is for! All that's been said is based on the fact he gets on well with our board and that he appears to be doing well, I wouldn't be surprised if one day he's our manager.

Should we stop discussing other centre back targets in case it's offensive to Aden Flint?

COYR

You missed was a ever present part of a team that finished 4th in the league we are currently struggling in

Nicky is training with Blackburn and on trial until end of the month. He's been scoring for fun for the under 21s but he isn't up to full fitness but is expected to be offered a short term contract.

I didn't know that, thanks for that. I'm sure his injury will flair up again soon.

Kevin Nolan been realeased by West Ham I see, he's been mentioned on here a few times? If he don't mind a drop in wages could be good signing on 2 year deal!!

Would be a good player on the right wages.

Only issue is with his agent. He and Allerdyce share the same agent and put pressure on players to join him. Part of the reason Morrison was suddenly dropped from the West Ham team was because he wouldn't change agents. 

You missed was a ever present part of a team that finished 4th in the league we are currently struggling in

Shame really, without him in the team we might have finished higher. Alway a weak link and only there because of his Dad. The day he becomes manager is the day I walk away after 50 years of supporting City.

Shame really, without him in the team we might have finished higher. Alway a weak link and only there because of his Dad. The day he becomes manager is the day I walk away after 50 years of supporting City.

Bye then.

Can't be much of a fan if you're willing to walk away over the choice of manager.

Yes. Would've been a good loan option if we acted earlier. He's available again in Jan.

Josh Scowen is the heartbeat of Barnsley's midfield. Was at Wycombe 2 years ago, I liked him a lot when there.

Also Mawson put in a good performance, keeping Lukaku quiet til 79 mins before Everton turned it up a notch. Again, someone I'd have liked us to have gone for earlier in the summer but we were busy arsing around.

Lee Johnson building a good team up there. Just needs to offload Nyatanga and they'll be up there.

Well they're not going to " offload " Nyatanga in a hurry having just given him a new contract , oh wise one.

Watford manager has just been on Sky, he's looking to offload players, he has a squad of 30 at the moment plus he's hoping to bring a few more in.

But his squad of 30 is too many for him.

Must be worth a look seeing as they seem willing to offload a few.

Players that have just achieved promotion from this division, so they know what's required.

I Very rarely criticize fellow posters and maybe I should take a deep breath before responding to this nonsense. But this poster's attitude really does take the biscuit. Lee Johnson is a very intelligent man who has thus far made a very promising start to his managerial career at two different clubs. He is also the son of Bristol City's most successful manager since 1976. Unfortunately, even successful managers have to suffer the opinions of fools and half wits who supposedly support the club whose fortunes they are charged with improving. The good news for LJ, if he ever does become our manager, is he would have to suffer the crazed musings of one less half wit. Do us all a favour Running Man and do a runner now!

Watford manager has just been on Sky, he's looking to offload players, he has a squad of 30 at the moment plus he's hoping to bring a few more in.

But his squad of 30 is too many for him.

Must be worth a look seeing as they seem willing to offload a few.

Players that have just achieved promotion from this division, so they know what's required.

Watford only have 3 English players in their team! Anyone know of any clubs with less?

Archived