IGNORED

All 2015 Summer Transfer In's And Out's/speculation/rumours (Merged)

rockinrobin

Wouldn't surprise me if LJ becomes our next manager..

I thought Carey, another board favourite, was earmarked?  :whistle2:

LJ will need a promotion and a record of stabilising a Championship club before being realistically considered.

The fact the present board - or SL in particular - may 'like' him hopefully would never come in to it.

Nicky is training with Blackburn and on trial until end of the month. He's been scoring for fun for the under 21s but he isn't up to full fitness but is expected to be offered a short term contract.

What Nicky as in Maynard? Under 21? Forever 21?

Watford only have 3 English players in their team! Anyone know of any clubs with less?

Prolly The Arse or Chelski

Shame really, without him in the team we might have finished higher. Alway a weak link and only there because of his Dad. The day he becomes manager is the day I walk away after 50 years of supporting City.

So Pulis and others are ok but Lee Johnson would tip you over the edge after 50 years? Weird.

I thought Carey, another board favourite, was earmarked? :whistle2:

LJ will need a promotion and a record of stabilising a Championship club before being realistically considered.

The fact the present board - or SL in particular - may 'like' him hopefully would never come in to it.

I agree, if he gets promotion with Barnsley he'll be on the way to proving himself.

I think if the board likes him it will come into it, wasn't that the situation partly with Keith Dawe and Cotterill?

I agree, if he gets promotion with Barnsley he'll be on the way to proving himself.

I think if the board likes him it will come into it, wasn't that the situation partly with Keith Dawe and Cotterill?

That's not what I said, imo. getting promotion and stabilising a club in the Championship would be a minimum requirement for him to be even considered.

There would be plenty of other candidates because I'd expect City to be an established Championship club, at least, by the time Cotts. eventually moves on, and though some of the board apparently liking him may count in his favour he'd have to match the other candidates first before it became a deciding factor.

He needs 3 seasons of progression imo., at the moment he's showing some potential but no real indication yet he'll be anything more than a capable lower league manager.

I personally don't think he'll be our next manager, or that being a former City player should give him any advantage whatsoever, but in 5 or 10 years who knows where City or LJ will be?

That's not what I said, imo. getting promotion and stabilising a club in the Championship would be a minimum requirement for him to be even considered.

There would be plenty of other candidates because I'd expect City to be an established Championship club, at least, by the time Cotts. eventually moves on, and though some of the board apparently liking him may count in his favour he'd have to match the other candidates first before it became a deciding factor.

He needs 3 seasons of progression imo., at the moment he's showing some potential but no real indication yet he'll be anything more than a capable lower league manager.

I personally don't think he'll be our next manager, or that being a former City player should give him any advantage whatsoever, but in 5 or 10 years who knows where City or LJ will be?

I know that's not what you said, that's what it would take in my book for him to be a realistic candidate.

I don't know whether our next manager, but I've just got a feeling he will be at some point.

Unfortunately I believe our board does have favourites - if the Dawe/Cotterill link is true - it's worked this time very well. I don't think it's a good long term policy though.

You're right; if Cotterill got another post or was sacked for whatever reason there'd be loads of candidates but I'm sure Lee would apply.

He's got a good chance at promotion with Barnsley. I feel at Oldham he was hampered by their resources but did well to keep them up. He's got a good eye for a player too.

Barnsley is his chance to really push on.

LJ WAS a very good (albeit un-spectacular) player for us, I do wonder if anyone other than myself subscribe to the fact that if it wasn't for his injury during the run-in to that season that we just may have been promoted to the promised land.

I'm sure that was a contributing factor - had we spent 6m on a striker that window we'd have done it! Adebola was a good player for us, but he wasn't a player to get you promoted.

LJ WAS a very good (albeit un-spectacular) player for us, I do wonder if anyone other than myself subscribe to the fact that if it wasn't for his injury during the run-in to that season that we just may have been promoted to the promised land.

He missed five matches near the end of the season, and we lost four of them (a third of the matches we lost all season) and drew the other.  You might be right...

Well it's all gone very quiet. Not heard from AS all week and the rumours of unrest from Boros end has dried up. This can only mean one thing.....

Transfers incoming!

(possibly)

I'm resigned to the fact no one else is coming, Sarge

We're going for the loan option this year.....after all the slagging we've given Swindle for it over the years it comes to this

I'm resigned to the fact no one else is coming, Sarge

We're going for the loan option this year.....after all the slagging we've given Swindle for it over the years it comes to this

Swindles whole transfer policy is bringing in loan players for premiership clubs. We have to bring in loans because we completely missed up this summer.

I still think we're aloud to slag them off.

I know that's not what you said, that's what it would take in my book for him to be a realistic candidate.

I don't know whether our next manager, but I've just got a feeling he will be at some point.

Unfortunately I believe our board does have favourites - if the Dawe/Cotterill link is true - it's worked this time very well. I don't think it's a good long term policy though.

You're right; if Cotterill got another post or was sacked for whatever reason there'd be loads of candidates but I'm sure Lee would apply.

He's got a good chance at promotion with Barnsley. I feel at Oldham he was hampered by their resources but did well to keep them up. He's got a good eye for a player too.

Barnsley is his chance to really push on.

Anything's possible of course, but isn't your feeling mostly because you know the board liked him personally when he was here as a player, rather than anything he's likely to achieve before we're next looking for a manager?

The board - and particularly SL - will be very wary of appointing former players after Tinnion and Millen unless they've proved themselves indisputably elsewhere.

If anything I'd say SL's past negative experiences would count against LJ - he'd have to be absolutely the outstanding candidate, well proven elsewhere to the extent fans could be assured there was no favouritism or sentimentality involved.

So if he does ever manage City I'm reassured it will only be because he'll have more than earned the opportunity by his deeds elsewhere. That being the case, no doubt his appointment would be welcomed by just about everyone.

Anything's possible of course, but isn't your feeling mostly because you know the board liked him personally when he was here as a player, rather than anything he's likely to achieve before we're next looking for a manager?

The board - and particularly SL - will be very wary of appointing former players after Tinnion and Millen unless they've proved themselves indisputably elsewhere.

If anything I'd say SL's past negative experiences would count against LJ - he'd have to be absolutely the outstanding candidate, well proven elsewhere to the extent fans could be assured there was no favouritism or sentimentality involved.

So if he does ever manage City I'm reassured it will only be because he'll have more than earned the opportunity by his deeds elsewhere. That being the case, no doubt his appointment would be welcomed by just about everyone.

Good points, I agree. I am basing it on that, and the fact that SL has previously made "heart" rather than "head" decisions in the past.

I'll be intrigued to watch how Barnsley do this year, FWIW I think they've bought very well.

Swindles whole transfer policy is bringing in loan players for premiership clubs. We have to bring in loans because we completely missed up this summer.

I still think we're aloud to slag them off.

Thank God for that. I'd be done with football the day I couldn't slag that lot off

Archived