IGNORED

Location Of Away Fans At Completed Ashton Gate

Kid in the Riot

Location of Away Fans at Redeveloped AG  

279 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Can't see that would be a problem at all these days CU, at the first sign of anybody chucking anything down the CCTV would have them and they'd be dealt with very swiftly. Not sure if CCTV was around in the Wolves/Forest days- or how bothered the stewards were to stop them - but they wouldn't get away with it at modern day AG.

I didn't go to Newcastle a few years ago, were City fans chucking stuff at the Newcastle fans below them when we were up in the God's up there?

Not that I saw Noggers, we were simply in awe of the place IIRC. Either that or too knackered after all those stairs.

Being devil's advocate and given the soakings we have had at Ninian, would you really want to sit beneath a horde of half pissed Taffies? I just don't think it's worth the hassle and genuinely think the club will do the Atyeo thing and split it. Those that buy home ST's will have to move for 1 maybe 2 cup games a season but they would know that when they sign up.

Not that I saw Noggers, we were simply in awe of the place IIRC. Either that or too knackered after all those stairs.

Being devil's advocate and given the soakings we have had at Ninian, would you really want to sit beneath a horde of half pissed Taffies? I just don't think it's worth the hassle and genuinely think the club will do the Atyeo thing and split it. Those that buy home ST's will have to move for 1 maybe 2 cup games a season but they would know that when they sign up.

Couldn't that issue be resolved by netting over the first 2 rows of seats? That way they couldn't get close enough to drop anything over the edge, if they threw stuff they'd get identified as its a lot more obvious.

I think there are ways and means to prevent that issue.

Couldn't that issue be resolved by netting over the first 2 rows of seats? That way they couldn't get close enough to drop anything over the edge, if they threw stuff they'd get identified as its a lot more obvious.

I think there are ways and means to prevent that issue.

Its done with no problems at all at St.James and at the stadium of light. Net the first 4 or 5 rows off and make sure it is properly watched by stewards and there will be no problem.

Its done with no problems at all at St.James and at the stadium of light. Net the first 4 or 5 rows off and make sure it is properly watched by stewards and there will be no problem.

Exactly; if the club is prepared to ban kids for smoke bombs for 3 seasons (!) then I'd like to think they'd throw the book at anyone caught doing what CU was discussing. Can easily be prevented.

I guess I'm coming at it primarily from the angle of wanting a vibrant, loud, colourful 'home end' behind one of the goals, and as the South Stand doesn't fit that bill - at least until rail seating is permited - that leaves the Atyeo. In turn that means looking for a home for the away fans and the only other self-contained area is the West Stand upper tier. But I agree, every option throws up its challenges.

The Atyeo has never really been a vibrant, loud, colourful "home end". The Atyeo doesn't fit the bill. People are over egging its appeal as It will be the least appealing, most underdeveloped stand in the ground and without thousands of cheap tickets will be undesirable. Allocate it to the away fans as was the original intent and look to maximise the potential of the other twenty thousand plus seats for City fans.

I'm not saying it can't be sorted but would rather avoid the need TBH. It's unnecessary and overly complicated when there's an unjoined stand that wouldn't need any of these sanctions and blocked off rows and segregation. There is one place where all away fans can be easily contained in one without losing 1 seat from our capacity.

In all honesty, I cannot see the point anyway. Stick them in the Atyeo and we can use the Williams. Sorted!

So we're effectively having a three-quarter bowl, with a concourse all the way around, allowing uninhibited movement between three stands. We then have an entirely seperate fourth stand with its own entrances and exits.

But instead of doing the obvious thing, we are considering putting the away fans into the bowl, forcing us to break up the concourse and add netted segregation between the fans that would otherwise not be necessary, thus reducing the capacity and making less tickets available for sell out matches?

Do I have that right?

So we're effectively having a three-quarter bowl, with a concourse all the way around, allowing uninhibited movement between three stands. We then have an entirely seperate fourth stand with its own entrances and exits.

But instead of doing the obvious thing, we are considering putting the away fans into the bowl, forcing us to break up the concourse and add netted segregation between the fans that would otherwise not be necessary, thus reducing the capacity and making less tickets available for sell out matches?

Do I have that right?

That's how I see it CR.

I can't understand where this clamour for the Atyeo being home only has been this season as well? Why didn't anyone want away fans in the Williams stand this year and give the whole Atyeo to home supporters?

I'm beginning to think this is a wind up!

Do I have that right?

And thousands of City fans will move en masse to occupy the Atyeo with its inferior facilities.

What will the prices be to attract these thousands in?

I seem to recall us as fans discussing the possibility of the upper tier being closed until necessary, but I can't remember the club making any such statement (unless I missed it) - is there a link somewhere I can read up on it?

I read it on here so it could well be wrong! But I think it was quoted from someone involved in the club.

And thousands of City fans will move en masse to occupy the Atyeo with its inferior facilities.

What will the prices be to attract these thousands in?

Exactly. I don't see why the Atyeo is seen as having any greater appeal to the EE singers than any other stand. It's never been particularly fondly thought of up until now, as far as I'm aware. Architecturally all the stands will be much of a muchness, and as you say facilities-wise it will be inferior.

Exactly. I don't see why the Atyeo is seen as having any greater appeal to the EE singers than any other stand. It's never been particularly fondly thought of up until now, as far as I'm aware. Architecturally all the stands will be much of a muchness, and as you say facilities-wise it will be inferior.

The only argument I can accept is the slightly more relaxed stance regarding standing but the Atyeo appears to have changed into a seething red wall of noise. I can't say I really noticed it TBH.

There is an issue where some supporters think having away fans at one end would give them an   advantage but I would say 3 stands will always make alot more noise than half of one or certainly should do.

Why would the EE'ers suddenly move en masse to the Atyeo anyway? They were given that option last summer and this yet appealed to the club to go elsewhere.

I really do not get it at all.

The only argument I can accept is the slightly more relaxed stance regarding standing but the Atyeo appears to have changed into a seething red wall of noise. I can't say I really noticed it TBH.

There is an issue where some supporters think having away fans at one end would give them an advantage but I would say 3 stands will always make alot more noise than half of one or certainly should do.

Agreed. As I said further up, I actually don't mind having away fans making plenty of noise. It forces our fans to up their game and makes for a better atmosphere overall. And as you say, if three stands can't out-sing one then that's our fault. Two loud sets of fans beats two quiet ones.

from a financial point of view give the ateyo to away fans, if leeds, wolves, etc want to bring that many let them, take every penny available, fill as  many seats in the ground , whats the point in a 27 k rattling around ?  it will add to the atmosphere surely ? then if any overspill of city can go in the new upper williams, but i cant see any 20 k crowds for a while tbh 

from a financial point of view give the ateyo to away fans, if leeds, wolves, etc want to bring that many let them, take every penny available, fill as many seats in the ground , whats the point in a 27 k rattling around ? it will add to the atmosphere surely ? then if any overspill of city can go in the new upper williams, but i cant see any 20 k crowds for a while tbh

Surely same principle applies to putting away fans in Williams top tier?

tbh we managed to house both sets of fans in the east end with out a problem, i can't see why we can't do that in the atyeo,

Limit season ticket sales to 1000 and then make transfers and potd tickets availabe on a friday if a team doesn't take up their allocation

The plan has always been the atyoe side closet to dolman this year then the whole stand once stadium is finished.

Why the hell would we put away fans anywhere other than the stand which didn't get any major work????

Have I missed something ?

The plan has always been the atyoe side closet to dolman this year then the whole stand once stadium is finished.

Why the hell would we put away fans anywhere other than the stand which didn't get any major work????

Have I missed something ?

Yes, you missed the club recently saying they were considering making the Atyeo all City fans in the future and putting the away fans out the way in what would otherwise be a mostly unused top tier of the Williams.

In other words what we've been discussing for most of this thread.

I actually enjoy big away followings coming to the Gate and think that it gets us in the rest of the ground going therefore creating a better atmosphere all round. Of course it's crap if we're getting a shoeing but I can't see that happening for the foreseeable. Away fans are part of the match day experience for me and I'd hate us to turn into a club that shoves them out of the way completely where there'd be no fan interaction. Just give them the 2.7k in the Atyeo and deal with it from there imho.

Yes, you missed the club recently saying they were considering making the Atyeo all City fans in the future and putting the away fans out the way in what would otherwise be a mostly unused top tier of the Williams.

Still think it sounds like a rubbish idea. Much rather see filling the lower tier made the priority, including the away fans. Putting the away fans up top would make for a disjointed atmosphere in my opinion.

With regard to the architectural makeup of the new stadium it is completely barmy as I explained further up.

I actually enjoy big away followings coming to the Gate and think that it gets us in the rest of the ground going therefore creating a better atmosphere all round. Of course it's crap if we're getting a shoeing but I can't see that happening for the foreseeable. Away fans are part of the match day experience for me and I'd hate us to turn into a club that shoves them out of the way completely where there'd be no fan interaction. Just give them the 2.7k in the Atyeo and deal with it from there imho.

Completely agree. Away fans contribute to the overall atmosphere and bring out the best in our own support when they make a good noise for us to compete with.

I doubt that something has been said, but do you have a link to these comments?

It seems difficult to imagine that forty five million pounds will be spent on a redevelopment and then thousands of City fans will gravitate to the stand with the worst facilities. It is not logical unless the stand will be priced far below others, or City quickly become a Premier League club.

I doubt that something has been said, but do you have a link to these comments?

It seems difficult to imagine that forty five million pounds will be spent on a redevelopment and then thousands of City fans will gravitate to the stand with the worst facilities. It is not logical unless the stand will be priced far below others, or City quickly become a Premier League club.

Perhaps controversially, I feel the club hasn't built anywhere for singers to naturally gravitate to. Atyeo - pretty much single tiered, behind the goal - is most natural "end" so to speak.

Perhaps controversially, I feel the club hasn't built anywhere for singers to naturally gravitate to. Atyeo - pretty much single tiered, behind the goal - is most natural "end" so to speak.

The South Stand is single tiered and behind the goal. In many ways it's a better single tier as it doesn't have the gangway across the middle. I don't understand why the Atyeo fits the bill more so than anywhere else.

The South Stand is single tiered and behind the goal. In many ways it's a better single tier as it doesn't have the gangway across the middle. I don't understand why the Atyeo fits the bill more so than anywhere else.

Because the club don't want the vocal element there basically. Aesthetically it's a bit bowl like too!

Has the club ever actually said that?

No but of course they wouldn't, would be dreadful pr even by their standards !

If you look at the makeup of it, community corner, corporate facilities etc combined by that strange rake excuse.. Doesn't take a genius to work out they don't want singing/standing/swearing types there.

When did this come out of the club Noggers? I have only ever read that on here WTGR.

Archived