IGNORED

Location Of Away Fans At Completed Ashton Gate

Kid in the Riot

Location of Away Fans at Redeveloped AG  

279 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The eastend had the worst facilities but there's a decent percentage of city fans that preferred to watch games in there, for a lot of fans the most important thing is to be able to stand in an unreserved area.

The club have made it clear the only place that will be tolerated is in the Atyeo, that's the reason lots of people want to go in there, it's not because it's their favourite stand.

Not at all.

In fact Martin Griffiths indicated his preference may be to put them in the Williams upper.

Trying to not think corporately, isn't that the best place for them in terms of giving us, the home team, an advantage? Having home fans behind each goal? As I say, that certainly seemed to be MG's view.

Where did you hear this..?

All the info that I have seen and heard from the club, including from the mouths of directors, is that the plans are to house away fans in the Atyeo.

You didn't read the OP monkeh!

If you put away fans in the Atyeo then having home season ticket holders in there is a non-starter because of the 4k cup allocation...

Cup games aren't included on a season ticket anyway, so that is irrelevant.

So much for fans bemoaning the club that by putting our vocal support in Williams towards the Eastend wouldn't help the atmosphere as they wouldn't be near the away support like they were In the Eastend!

Now they want them as far away as possible, not only that they want to give a new section of a state of the art stand, but don't worry netting will catch the urine raining down from our friends over the Severn when they visit.

So much for fans bemoaning the club that by putting our vocal support in Williams towards the Eastend wouldn't help the atmosphere as they wouldn't be near the away support like they were In the Eastend!

Now they want them as far away as possible, not only that they want to give a new section of a state of the art stand, but don't worry netting will catch the urine raining down from our friends over the Severn when they visit.

Where do you propose our vocal support goes then

The eastend had the worst facilities but there's a decent percentage of city fans that preferred to watch games in there, for a lot of fans the most important thing is to be able to stand in an unreserved area.

The club have made it clear the only place that will be tolerated is in the Atyeo, that's the reason lots of people want to go in there, it's not because it's their favourite stand.

Not true, alot of the EE'ers contacted the club last summer complaining they did NOT want to go in the Atyeo and they were reassigned F block. They were offered the Atyeo again this summer and, once again, contacted the club and many have gone elsewhere.

Where do you propose our vocal support goes then

Why not move back to F block once the Williams is built or go in the SS as many have already purchased ST's in there.

Maybe the club are planning on keeping 1000 home fans in there after next season but that's not how I remember it.

Nobody answered my earlier question, where was the clamour to make the Atyeo home only at the start of this season?

Why not move back to F block once the Williams is built or go in the SS as many have already purchased ST's in there.

F block was poor this year, would be a disappointing compromise for them.

The club don't want them in the SS, and where would the displaced season ticket holders go? The mix of supporter types wouldn't work, especially if they can't stand with that "27% rake" excuse.

Sorry CU but neither of those would be decent options. AG needs noise, a solution for former EE'rs shouldn't be a bodged compromise of a solution, needs to be a proper home. The Atyeo, whether in its entirety or a half/half solution with away support seems the only option in my eyes.

There will be loads of room in the SS in 2016/17 as loads of people will be returning / reverting to the Williams.

Once again, alot of EE'ers did NOT want the Atyeo last season so ended up in F block, do NOT want it next season so are going in the SS, so won't want it in 2016/17.

I repeat my question AGAIN, where was the clamour to make the Atyeo home fans only at the start of this season?

Stick the away fans in the single stand and let's make the 3 sides noisy. Simples!

FWIW, I can't see a problem with 1000 home fans in the Atyeo with the rest away but I cannot see the point in giving away fans any space at all in the adjoined stands. With all due repect, why bother building in extra capacity at all?

There will be loads of room in the SS in 2016/17 as loads of people will be returning / reverting to the Williams.

Once again, alot of EE'ers did NOT want the Atyeo last season so ended up in F block, do NOT want it next season so are going in the SS, so won't want it in 2016/17.

I repeat my question AGAIN, where was the clamour to make the Atyeo home fans only at the start of this season?

Stick the away fans in the single stand and let's make the 3 sides noisy. Simples!

CU, those former EE'rs want to stand. The club has categorically said there will be NO standing in the new SS due to the "rake". That's a non starter.

There was no clamour for the Atyeo that I can remember, perhaps it took a full season of the Williams for people to realise how poor it was. I feel that had it been the opposite side of the Williams, nearer the away support, atmosphere would have been better.

3 noisy sides is great in theory - but it needs a catalyst. We need an area where our noisy support can congregate, stand, and make an area their home. We have seen this season, despite being hugely successful, had poor atmosphere. The rest of the ground needs this catalyst of core-noisy support to motivate it into life.

You didn't read the OP monkeh!

If you put away fans in the Atyeo then having home season ticket holders in there is a non-starter because of the 4k cup allocation...

Not necessarily. This happens in virtually all premier league grounds. Season ticket holders don't get their seats guaranteed for cup games - I think Arsenal had 9k at Old Trafford in the cup for example, being given the upper tier behind the goal that is normally full of home fans.

CU, those former EE'rs want to stand. The club has categorically said there will be NO standing in the new SS due to the "rake". That's a non starter.

There was no clamour for the Atyeo that I can remember, perhaps it took a full season of the Williams for people to realise how poor it was. I feel that had it been the opposite side of the Williams, nearer the away support, atmosphere would have been better.

3 noisy sides is great in theory - but it needs a catalyst. We need an area where our noisy support can congregate, stand, and make an area their home. We have seen this season, despite being hugely successful, had poor atmosphere. The rest of the ground needs this catalyst of core-noisy support to motivate it into life.

Thanks for answering PF, I did wonder.

On the SS, I understand about the standing but alot of ex EE'ers I know have already bought seats in there so it's going to be interesting to see how that one transpires.

I still don't see why we have to break a perfectly good plan to make a stand, which was moaned about for being 'crap for atmosphere', the 'catalyst for atmosphere' when we have 2 excellent other stands and will soon have 3. For example, A and B in the Dolman used to be raucous as hell and could easily be so again. Moreso than the Atyeo in my opinion.

Another issue, the club said the upper Williams would 'only be opened when capacity required it to be opened'. I took this as minimising costs re stewarding etc. Under your plan, we would need even more stewards in an area of the ground which will not need to be opened most of the time, thereby costing even more money than it would cost if opened to home fans.

There is no benefit at all in NOT putting away supporters in all of, or part of the Atyeo as far as I can see.

Thanks for answering PF, I did wonder.

On the SS, I understand about the standing but alot of ex EE'ers I know have already bought seats in there so it's going to be interesting to see how that one transpires.

I still don't see why we have to break a perfectly good plan to make a stand, which was moaned about for being 'crap for atmosphere', the 'catalyst for atmosphere' when we have 2 excellent other stands and will soon have 3. For example, A and B in the Dolman used to be raucous as hell and could easily be so again. Moreso than the Atyeo in my opinion.

Another issue, the club said the upper Williams would 'only be opened when capacity required it to be opened'. I took this as minimising costs re stewarding etc. Under your plan, we would need even more stewards in an area of the ground which will not need to be opened most of the time, thereby costing even more money than it would cost if opened to home fans.

There is no benefit at all in NOT putting away supporters in all of, or part of the Atyeo as far as I can see.

Some good points, I think we could debate this all summer! May have to agree to disagree on this one and see how next season goes with the Atyeo. I hope they bring back the flags and displays like the EE.

Some good points, I think we could debate this all summer! May have to agree to disagree on this one and see how next season goes with the Atyeo. I hope they bring back the flags and displays like the EE.

I think we're going to have to bud. I admire your reasons but don't think the Atyeo is the answer. :thumbsup:

I think most eastenders thought the south stand would be there new home but the club have said that it's not an option and that the only place they'll allow an unreserved standing area is the Atyeo, that's why a lot of people's minds have changed.

The club have apparently yet to make a decision on where away fans will be located when the redeveloped AG is complete.

I think we can realistically rule out the South Stand with it's sports bar and museum which are clearly geared towards home fans. The Dolman seems unlikely given the difficult access into the stand and segregation.

So, the two most likely options look like the Atyeo Stand and the Williams upper (as recently mooted by Martin Griffiths at a fans' meeting).

The first issue is that the allocation for away fans at the new AG will be 10% for league games ie 2,700 and 15% for cup games ie 4,000.

So for season ticket holders not to be disrupted for cup games you're looking at finding 4,000 seats somewhere.

If you put away fans in the Atyeo from 2016/17 season then realistically you won't be able to sell home season tickets in the Atyeo or have any kind of meaningful singing section as you will have next season.

Put them Williams upper and they will certainly be out the way but then taking into consideration segregation you'd be pretty much ruling out the entire top tier for home season tickets (potentially some of the best seats in the house).

Something else to consider is that if the club are sticking to their guns in not allowing standing in the South Stand due to the 27% rake of the stand ( until safe standing is legalised) then if the Atyeo is used for away fans from 2016/17 - where do you put your standing, singing section?

Do what Forest do.

Away fans in the Brigford.

Atyeo in Citys case.

Home shouters and standers to both sides.

One section of home standers moves for cup games and can get bigger or smaller depending on oppostion, ob, being crap, not being crap.

No calling it singing sections. Had one of those. Pony.

I doubt that something has been said, but do you have a link to these comments?

It seems difficult to imagine that forty five million pounds will be spent on a redevelopment and then thousands of City fans will gravitate to the stand with the worst facilities. It is not logical unless the stand will be priced far below others, or City quickly become a Premier League club.

Doubt it all you like - not sure why you would do that - but as KITR confirms above, and as many others also seem to be aware, the comments were made by Martin Griffiths.

I'm sure you can find a link to it as easily as I can.

As I see it the club are endeavouring to provide an area where standing will be tolerated, areas will be available for flags etc. and the possibility will be there, if it proves popular, for the vocal City fans who want such an area to have their own 'end' which would be policed far less vigorously than the rest of the home stands.

As for facilities, there is obviously scope underneath to improve these with bars, areas for memorabilia etc.

The EE has gone, Dolman A&B will never again be allowed to be as they were 20+ years ago and now with the demise of the Williams there will be no other area in the redeveloped AG where vociferous fans can gather in the way they are accustomed to.

The club have made it very clear that only in this area will standing be tolerated so those choosing to move to the South Stand/Dolman instead of the Atyeo can expect constant friction with the stewards, and eventually to be ejected, if they expect to continue their habits of the EE and Williams corner.

The offer of the Atyeo for these fans was the club's olive branch, no alternative will be available, so it's hard to understand the apparent reluctance of the fans most affected to grasp it and make the best of what's available, especially when it's been proven this season, even by relatively small groups of fans, that it was a fallacy to insist a good noise and atmosphere can't be created there.

Well if the poll is anything to go by the majority want away fans in the atyeo

I don't think the poll is representative, really the people who's opinion matters more here are the EE lot, as it ultimately alters their location.

I don't think there are that many of them on this forum, it seems to be an older demographic on here.

Doubt it all you like - not sure why you would do that - but as KITR confirms above, and as many others also seem to be aware, the comments were made by Martin Griffiths.

I'm sure you can find a link to it as easily as I can.

As I see it the club are endeavouring to provide an area where standing will be tolerated, areas will be available for flags etc. and the possibility will be there, if it proves popular, for the vocal City fans who want such an area to have their own 'end' which would be policed far less vigorously than the rest of the home stands.

As for facilities, there is obviously scope underneath to improve these with bars, areas for memorabilia etc.

The EE has gone, Dolman A;B will never again be allowed to be as they were 20+ years ago and now with the demise of the Williams there will be no other area in the redeveloped AG where vociferous fans can gather in the way they are accustomed to.

The club have made it very clear that only in this area will standing be tolerated so those choosing to move to the South Stand/Dolman instead of the Atyeo can expect constant friction with the stewards, and eventually to be ejected, if they expect to continue their habits of the EE and Williams corner.

The offer of the Atyeo for these fans was the club's olive branch, no alternative will be available, so it's hard to understand the apparent reluctance of the fans most affected to grasp it and make the best of what's available, especially when it's been proven this season, even by relatively small groups of fans, that it was a fallacy to insist a good noise and atmosphere can't be created there.

Simple slip and an omission of the word don't in my post.

Many including a member of the fans advisory network are not aware of these comments. At a consultation attended by hundreds in the DEH I do not recall Martin Griffiths stating the away support could inhabit the Williams. At other consultations it was stated the away support would be housed in the Atyeo in the long term.

I would not have asked for this link to these new statements if it was easy to locate.

Put away fans in the Atyeo end closest to the Dolman, then have designated singing sections in both Dolman A block and the other side of the Atyeo. Market this scheme well and encourage those that want to stand/sing to go to these areas. Then you could have a tremendous atmosphere at the gate with fans generating an atmosphere either side of away fans. Works well at Forest.

Put away fans in the Atyeo end closest to the Dolman, then have designated singing sections in both Dolman A block and the other side of the Atyeo. Market this scheme well and encourage those that want to stand/sing to go to these areas. Then you could have a tremendous atmosphere at the gate with fans generating an atmosphere either side of away fans. Works well at Forest.

nottforestderby_zps8b5df233.jpg

The away fans are to the left. To the right in a separate stand [Main stand] is another section of very vocal supporters.

The interesting thing about this arrangement is that  the two sections cater for different elements of support, but both are highly vocal.

The lower Brigford is full of exuberant kids. The Main stand corner section 30, 40, 50 years olds. 

Similar could be achieved at Ashton Gate. Moving City fans to the Dolman side of the Atyeo would easily allow fans access to the Dolman concourse facilities. where the facilities would target these two elements of support in the same manner facilities in the Williams and South stand will be linked to those who use those stands.

Standing will not be tolerated in the Dolman, the club have made that crystal clear.

The hostile Dolman Blocks A&B of the past will never be allowed to be recreated at AG.

The last thing the club wants is lots of fans in the Dolman who are determined to stand to be right next to the away fans in the Atyeo, it's not going to happen, let alone be encouraged.

Simple slip and an omission of the word don't in my post.

Many including a member of the fans advisory network are not aware of these comments. At a consultation attended by hundreds in the DEH I do not recall Martin Griffiths stating the away support could inhabit the Williams. At other consultations it was stated the away support would be housed in the Atyeo in the long term.

I would not have asked for this link to these new statements if it was easy to locate.

When was this consultation? The comments were reasonably recent and presumably indicated further thought from the club, so may well be since the meeting you're referring to.

I remember reading the comments but I'm no expert at finding links, perhaps KITR can help out here?

When was this consultation? The comments were reasonably recent and presumably indicated further thought from the club, so may well be since the meeting you're referring to.

I remember reading the comments but I'm no expert at finding links, perhaps KITR can help out here?

Feb - March. The plan at previous consultations was to house away fans in the Atyeo. There appears to be no link on Bristol Sports or BCFC's website to a change in planning.

Feb - March. The plan at previous consultations was to house away fans in the Atyeo. There appears to be no link on Bristol Sports or BCFC's website to a change in planning.

That could be over 3 months ago CS. I'm not certain but I'd say the comments about the Williams are more recent.

Hopefully someone will put up the link.

Something else to consider is that if the club are sticking to their guns in not allowing standing in the South Stand due to the 27% rake of the stand ( until safe standing is legalised) then if the Atyeo is used for away fans from 2016/17 - where do you put your standing, singing section?

Why not the side of the Atyeo nearest the Dolmam then lower corner section of the dolman and available space in A block of the Dolman for those who want to be close to the lads and noise but not neccessarily part of it like people were in the EE?

The demand for all of the Atyeo wont be high enough to go close to filling it.

Archived