IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

16 hours ago, hodge said:

from #3 :fear:

The point I was trying (very badly) to make was that, following his recent success in South Africa, and without realising he had already signed for Durham, I was keen on the idea of exploring the possibility of signing AM, who, of course, then proceeded to make a pair on debut.

Some on here (and elsewhere) appeared distinctly underwhelmed at the thought of MR replacing (the disgraced) CB as Somerset's overseas signing, and I simply suggested that he seemed a promising batsman.

Anyway, of more importance is whether the team, MR included, can now repeat their performance against Yorkshire starting on Friday. 

• Admin
6 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

The point I was trying (very badly) to make was that, following his recent success in South Africa, and without realising he had already signed for Durham, I was keen on the idea of exploring the possibility of signing AM, who, of course, then proceeded to make a pair on debut.

Some on here (and elsewhere) appeared distinctly underwhelmed at the thought of MR replacing (the disgraced) CB as Somerset's overseas signing, and I simply suggested that he seemed a promising batsman.

Anyway, of more importance is whether the team, MR included, can now repeat their performance against Yorkshire starting on Friday. 

I was underwhelmed with Bancroft then even less chuffed with MR - I really hope you are right about him as per last season the rest of the side are failing already

I spoke to the brother of a certain WSM based player on Saturday who is already non plussed about being dropped for the first game

26 minutes ago, phantom said:

I was underwhelmed with Bancroft then even less chuffed with MR - I really hope you are right about him as per last season the rest of the side are failing already

I spoke to the brother of a certain WSM based player on Saturday who is already non plussed about being dropped for the first game

Like you, I was less than enthused about Bancroft and, to be honest, had never heard of Renshaw until I saw he had been called in to the Australia squad following their shenanigans in South Africa - I had to look him up in WIKI, but the general feeling was positive and, for @hodge's info, he actually made his Test debut as an opening batsman ;)

From WIKI:

Renshaw scored his first Test century {as an opening batsman}, 184, against Pakistan at the Sydney Cricket Ground in his fourth match. He became the 133rd Test centurion for Australia.

Renshaw became the first Australian cricketer to score 500 Test runs before turning 21 years of age and has scored the most number of Test runs before turning 21 years for Australia, with 524.

That sounds promising to me, although we shall see as the season continues: I think that, one match in to the season, it is too early to suggest that 'as per last season the rest of the side are failing already'.

I assume the WSM-based player to whom you refer is our goalkeeping all-rounder, currently playing for the Second XI against Kent, and I was surprised as well, although I am not sure who he might have replaced.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

Good to see the games being spread around more of the Counties

Plus affordable for kids and families.

• 80,000+ tickets at £20 (over half of the group stage matches)
• 200,000+ tickets at £50 or less
• Child tickets at every match, starting from £6
• Family of four for £52

1 minute ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

It certainly looks that way.

No play before lunch here at the Cooper Associates County Ground. It’s still raining and it’s very wet

SPN_1330h-e1524821704857.png

And I had planned a day watching the live stream....

Forecast isn't great for next four days.