IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

• Admin

minimum of 80 overs left today, even scoring as low as 2 an over would give us a lead 270 ish

Be nice to have 30 minutes at the Surrey openers tonight

See this game through without losing and it will be the end of Surrey's hopes of retaining the title this season

57 minutes ago, TomF said:

We’ve lost this with a brainless second innings.  Should have made the game safe first ffs 

Some poor bowling too, especially from Groenwald. Leach seemed to struggle with cold hands. Need a couple of quick wickets in the morning just to get them nervous, else it' a loss and a huge dent in our dreams. We would have had one hand on the trophy with a win

I appreciate that the large lady has probably yet to even leave her seat, but I hope that Messrs. @TomF, @ralphindevon and @Super are more relaxed this morning than they seemed to be yesterday evening.

I tend to agree with @phantom that there appears to be some resilience and 'never say die' attitude in the team this year - the baby-faced, almost cherubic looking Tom Abell would seem to be a bit harder than he looks.

Now 7 wickets down, and perhaps thoughts may be turning to claiming the extra half hour  - if the match is not already completed by lunch. 

Edited to note that, whilst our old friend Mr Batty has long gone, our other friend, Rikki Clarke, is now facing.

Edited by PHILINFRANCE