IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

23 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I am not so sure.

Northants two down already.

See my last sentence. 

CriagO looks like a player looking to make up for lost time, played such little cricket in the last 6/7 weeks. He makes a massive difference having him in the side. 

Now lets hunt down Yorkshire. 

Oh and come on Gloucestershire 

I think the first innings was a good decision by Somerset, make it a hard position for them to beat us, only one of their two innings being a low score then gives us a chance of a win and as we’re seeing here it’s already a strong possibility, 2 1/2 days to play as long as we’re not like 50 all out second time round this is a draw or a win now 

5 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

See my last sentence. 

CriagO looks like a player looking to make up for lost time, played such little cricket in the last 6/7 weeks. He makes a massive difference having him in the side. 

Now lets hunt down Yorkshire. 

Oh and come on Gloucestershire 

I missed that as I was concentrating on your comment suggesting both sides looked as if they were playing for a draw.

Re. COVE not playing for a few (6/7) weeks, I really do not understand the logic of just keeping him sitting around in the pavilion, which is almost as bad as depriving Jack Leach of any cricket for the rest of the season. 

Just now, PHILINFRANCE said:

I missed that as I was concentrating on your comment suggesting both sides looked as if they were playing for a draw.

Re. COVE not playing for a few (6/7) weeks, I really do not understand the logic of just keeping him sitting around in the pavilion, which is almost as bad as depriving Jack Leach of any cricket for the rest of the season. 

Agree, it's madness any of them not playing regular cricket in the height of summer.

To be fair in Craig's case he has been injured, though I don't think he would have played much if any more if he'd been fit. Maybe last weeks game but not much more.

16 minutes ago, TomF said:

The fact he only bowled 5 overs suggests were nursing him a bit.  I guess he can go again after tea.

Yeah he didn't open the bowling and looks like they're easing him in but has shown no signs of being anything but fully fit so far.

They're scoring at a decent rate but if we can get amongst the wickets in this final session we'll be very well placed for tomorrow 

From the BBC text updates:

Pitch 'nothing out of the ordinary' - Snater

Lancashire beat Essex by 38 runs

If you weren't with us earlier on, you missed an incredible finish at Chelmsford as Essex were bowled out for 59 - with George Balderson taking a hat-trick and 5-19 to inspire a Lancashire win.

Despite 40 wickets falling in less than five sessions, Essex fast bowler Shane Snater insisted the pitch was "alright".

He said: "Obviously it was doing a bit but nothing out of the ordinary. With the early start and under the lights, the ball is going to do a lot more than it normally does."

Lancashire skipper Dane Vilas described Balderson's bowling as "incredible" and also praised George Bell was an "exceptional" performance with the bat, adding: "And I thought his keeping, particularly standing up at the wicket, was outstanding.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

From the BBC text updates:

Pitch 'nothing out of the ordinary' - Snater

Lancashire beat Essex by 38 runs

If you weren't with us earlier on, you missed an incredible finish at Chelmsford as Essex were bowled out for 59 - with George Balderson taking a hat-trick and 5-19 to inspire a Lancashire win.

Despite 40 wickets falling in less than five sessions, Essex fast bowler Shane Snater insisted the pitch was "alright".

He said: "Obviously it was doing a bit but nothing out of the ordinary. With the early start and under the lights, the ball is going to do a lot more than it normally does."

Lancashire skipper Dane Vilas described Balderson's bowling as "incredible" and also praised George Bell was an "exceptional" performance with the bat, adding: "And I thought his keeping, particularly standing up at the wicket, was outstanding.”

Nice to admit that the pitch is always that bad!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TomF said:

The fact he only bowled 5 overs suggests were nursing him a bit.  I guess he can go again after tea.

40 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Yeah he didn't open the bowling and looks like they're easing him in but has shown no signs of being anything but fully fit so far.

They're scoring at a decent rate but if we can get amongst the wickets in this final session we'll be very well placed for tomorrow 

COVE has now bowled the grand total of nine overs - and taken three wickets!

10 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

We might win this one v Warwickshire, weather permitting. Nice way to end the season!

Looks like Kent will beat Hampshire, weather permitting.

Come on Glos, you can do it!

Some interesting cricket happening today, tomorrow and next week. I wonder which game Sky will show next week? If Surrey win the league this round it might be a relegation battle

3 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Concerning a possible follow on - still a few wickets to take mind, with only 50 runs to play with - did I understand correctly that there is some prospect of rain on Friday in Taunton?

No it looks fine although may get some rain later this evening.

28 minutes ago, phantom said:

Lancashire Vs Surrey is the ultimate love in for Sky TV next week

That’s the one Sky would love but if it’s a dead rubber which it may well be, they’d be missing a trick. I can understand them covering the trophy hand over.

I guess we’ll have a better idea after tomorrow’s play but you’ll probably be right and they’ll go to the Oval whatever.

First 40 minutes and all of a sudden our bowling attack is looking a bit fragile.

Gregory still not bowling, feeling his injury.

Overton only bowling short spells.

Josh Davey not at full fitness after bad hamstring.

Kasey Aldridge going round the park

Tom Abell coming back from hamstring injury

No chance will we force the follow on even if we did bowl them out in time

https://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/62985372

Needs a 2/3 majority of counties, mentions to take effect from 2024 season.

There woukd be just 1 promotion place to the top division which would be decided by an end-of-season play-off beyween the winners of the two Second division conferences. 

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Just now, TomF said:

Can't see us getting through the tail before 150.

Desperately needed Jack to hold an end in this game

Jack Leach is doing a stint on commentary today, so it’ll be interesting to hear why he isn’t playing.

Did anyone hear Jack Brooks on comms yesterday? I was sat by him for a bit and he was saying he had a back spasm which is why he isn’t playing instead of Aldridge