IGNORED

Matt Smith

City1984

Maybe he's agreed to take a big cut then!

You get around this by giving him a big signing on fee!

The only way I think it would happen is if Fulham want him off their books and don't demand a big fee as he is contracted to them for a very long time... That would enable us to give him a decent signing on fee.

I think he knows he is loved here and would get more time on the pitch in a team that would get the most out of him, as said earlier, him and Flint at set pieces would and did create mayhem..

This is a rumour that was bound to surface this season & I have also heard that a deal was sorted last season & City used it to their advantage whilst we negotiated the deal taking young Aron Davies to Fulham. Not that I know the person who told me has a credible source. It just as likely to be a case of Chinese whispers.

With someone claiming two deals are due on Monday it might be all to easy to link this ( unfounded) rumour with that equally as yet unfounded) rumour.

Fair play to the OP for sharing what he's heard. We'll soon find out if there's any truth I it.

• Admin

Why doesn't someone just flat out ask him on Twitter? Might not respond but probably more sensible than reading into his pretty bland posts on the fixture list!

or just wait to find out?

Don't understand people's obsession with trying to make a statement like in the OP, but then can never back it up!!!

It was bad enough with Kachina last summer !

I've just been on the phone to Fulham FC. and they said ;

If your call concerns season ticket purchases tap 1

If you call concerns fixtures for season 2015-16 tap 2

If you call concerns corporate hospitality packages tap 3

If you call concerns Matt Smith's transfer to Bristol City Football Club tap 4

I eagerly tapped 4 and ...

Sorry we cannot answer your call .

If your call concerns ...

Funny that. I tapped 1 just to find out how many season tickets had been sold... Amazingly i got through immediately and was told, after a bit of chit chat to warm the girl up to my probing questions, that they had sold none, thats zero, nada, since last week. I asked Betty, oh thats cos we were already on first name terms, yeah so i asked her how come like... She said it all stopped last week when a rogue employee tweeted the fan base, en masse that Matt Smith had signed for a rival Championship club. Its bedlum here she said.

I am still shocked by the conversation. But i did get her number.

He's not a new signing is he?

It's rumoured but not confirmed. No doubt there'll be other rumours over the next few weeks.

What a bizarre reply.

Perhaps you'd care to enlighten us all on the purpose of the forum over the summer months then?

Does it simply exist so certain posters can trot out the same unfunny in-jokes?

The OP has made a big prediction which we'll know is true or not by Tuesday. I have no idea whether Smith will sign for us or not, but would rather read this sort of post rather than 90% of the stuff that passes for debate on here between May and early August.

Don't understand people's obsession with trying to make a statement like in the OP, but then can never back it up!!!

If people don't post stuff like this then you are out of a job! No posts NO mods!!

Why doesn't someone just flat out ask him on Twitter? Might not respond but probably more sensible than reading into his pretty bland posts on the fixture list!

I tweeted him straight away (for a laugh) yesterday when he said he was excited about seeing the fixtures, I asked him where his first match was. As expected I didn't get a reply...yet!

I agree, in all honesty; things like this are always up in the air, and last summer should tell us we probably won't hear anything until anyone we've signed is sitting in the stand wearing a shirt and smiling for the cameras.

At least Kachina was entertainingly bad; some of the stories he cooked up were fantastic!

I tweeted him straight away (for a laugh) yesterday when he said he was excited about seeing the fixtures, I asked him where his first match was. As expected I didn't get a reply...yet!

Imagine all the (smart) footballers out there on social media pretty stringently curate anything they put out - I bet even if he said whoever Fulham's first game is against it wouldn't stop the rumours!

I'm surprised people still entertain Robbored, surely most people block his ramblings?  He even has his emoji -  :robbored:

Do you block my "ramblings?"

I'm sure most don't block me because they'll miss out the forums biggest shite stirrer.

Do you block my "ramblings?"

I'm sure most don't block me because they'll miss out the forums biggest shite stirrer.

You sound like you take that as a (self given) compliment?

I doubt many think of you as a 'shite stirrer', far from it. Bit of a ***** would be closer to my thoughts

Everyone goes on about Smith like he was our savour and single handily took us up but no, he scored 4 goals in one game and got luck in some others.

Personally don't see why such the fuse for him, we could get better.

Because he's electric..

I've just been on the phone to Fulham FC. and they said ;

If your call concerns season ticket purchases tap 1

If you call concerns fixtures for season 2015-16 tap 2

If you call concerns corporate hospitality packages tap 3

If you call concerns Matt Smith's transfer to Bristol City Football Club tap 4

I eagerly tapped 4 and ...

Sorry we cannot answer your call .

If your call concerns ...

Sod buying Matt Smith.

Let's buy their telephone system.

Archived