IGNORED

Matt Smith

City1984

Even when Celtic took him on he was a Polish International and had been for a while, hardly a risky unknown.

Out of interest, who was the last European International we had? Vilmos Sebok springs to mind...

Greg Cunningham.

Greg Cunningham.

Bizarrely the last City player to feature in a full international was on loan to Cheltenham at the time.

James Wilson came on as a sub in a World Cup qualifier in Belgium (a 1-1 draw).

I'm an Evertonian (after City)...

...was well excited when we signed Atteveld...

.... breaks my heart that one training ground incident probably cost ua both him and Jacki...

....Dziekanowski, Atteveld, Cole, Rosenior, Allison ...

... I can't understand why Denis Smith is not revered amongst City fans...

Because he signed Brian Mitchell and Dave Thompson and we defended like a pub team.

Bizarrely the last City player to feature in a full international was on loan to Cheltenham at the time.

James Wilson came on as a sub in a World Cup qualifier in Belgium (a 1-1 draw).

Good knowledge that mate.

.... breaks my heart that one training ground incident probably cost ua both him and Jacki...

I agree that Denis Smith should have been given more time. Around 9 to 10 months including the summer was a joke.

By the way, Jimmy Lumsden signed Jacki...

Ray Atteveld. Never quite recovered from that backpass on his debut (think it was at home to Oxford)

And a superb own goal at Millwall....

Cracking match though. We had Cole Allison and Rosenior up front if memory serves....

Wes Burns...?

The forgotten man by some...Don't rule this boy out yet!

I agree that Denis Smith should have been given more time. Around 9 to 10 months including the summer was a joke.

He Did

Ok, so before OTIB etc......What was the said "Training ground incident " ?

Yes indeed... Lumsden's legacy. I was just illustrating what a great team Smith had, a jigsaw of which some pieces he aquired himself.

Although as someone has pointed out, he may have also signed Brian Mitchell. My selective memory had always put that one down to Osman.

I will allege that a certain polish vodka loving young man was having a fling with the wife of one of his colleagues, and they had a discussion about it....

Some would allege that said alleged fling was one of many alleged flings that said polish vodka loving young man allegedly had. Allegedly.

Ok, so before OTIB etc......What was the said "Training ground incident " ?

The reason atteveld left was he took a couple of swings at a youth team member... How I know this? I knew the youth team member in question. It was a complete set up by Osman to get the youth teamer to nibble and hack at Atteveld all training session, he eventually snapped and gave Osman the reason he needed to get rid of him.

It's reaching a conclusion. I can only see one or two possible outcomes now.....

I can see a third but cannot reveal my sources.

How the **** do you know this stuff?....

.... is that you Steve?...

McMahon?

Yes. It is but am I Steve L or Steve C?????

Coppell? if so you can simply go get lost. We do not want your sorts around BS3

The reason atteveld left was he took a couple of swings at a youth team member... How I know this? I knew the youth team member in question. It was a complete set up by Osman to get the youth teamer to nibble and hack at Atteveld all training session, he eventually snapped and gave Osman the reason he needed to get rid of him.

Osman did that? Can he not simply behave like a man and tell Atteveld to his face he no longer requires his services? Or is this total bunkum? 

I can see a third but cannot reveal my sources.

McMahon?

Coppell? if so you can simply go get lost. We do not want your sorts around BS3

Osman did that? Can he not simply behave like a man and tell Atteveld to his face he no longer requires his services? Or is this total bunkum?

I am told atteveld had no intention of moving due to injury and was happy taking his money. This of course is hearsay but the reason for his removal is, as far as I am concerned, factual.

We're up to six pages on a rumour. It must be the close season. (Why else would I post this?)

According to Mendip City it's not a rumour, we're either signing him or not. Evidently it could go either, way depending on circumstances but, he won't reveal his source for fear of recriminations in the WUM arms, that delightful Inn of Cheddar.

I've heard this sort of talk before, you get it a lot around the close season, people just waffling on about nothing in particular just because they like the sound of their own voices, couldn't be like it myself.

Stop the press....... Steve cotterill will be unveiling his first signing of the summer tomorrow,from his 90th floor penthouse in dubai. Please welcome to Ashton gate....... Matt Smith!!! :)

Garbage.... There is no way Steve Cotts would announce the signing of any new player, let alone Matt Smith, from the 90th floor... You go to Dubai, if you like the plasticity of it all, for the beach and the bath temperature water and to relax so the unveiling will be on the beach over a pina colada.

Archived