IGNORED

Mark Bunn - Signs For Aston Villa (Merged)

Cider red

Hooray we have a winner !!!

This must be the only social media platform where it is not common knowledge !

I am intrigued who would be following his daughter on Twitter though

To be fair she is a sports journalist.

Seems weird to be waiting to "announce him with others" , surely you'd want him training and playing by now?

• Admin

Hooray we have a winner !!!

This must be the only social media platform where it is not common knowledge !

I am intrigued who would be following his daughter on Twitter though

I doubt anyone was at the time & suspect did a search for Bunn & as she had tweeted about him found her account. It would later transpire that she is our GK coach's daughter & seems to have the inside track on our transfer targets. Could be worth a follow now.

Cotts will be steaming if we've missed out on this deal because it became public while we waited for an injury to clear up. Makes sense though - remember Stockhausen deleted his "Done Deal" tweet and Dave Coles' daughter has done likewise.

Cotts will be steaming if we've missed out on this deal because it became public while we waited for an injury to clear up. Makes sense though - remember Stockhausen deleted his "Done Deal" tweet and Dave Coles' daughter has done likewise.

Not likely to do any favours to Coles / Cotts relationship. Little bit Mickey Mouse for this sort of stuff to get out into the open.... Though realistically it's most likely to be just one of those things.....

Maybe Villa were in all along and we were used as a hurry up? It's like a house move chain, one in one out. There will be another along soon, I'm not too concerned. And if he dd fail his medical here maybe it's our gain anyway.we don't want to sign him on a three year deal only for an old injury flare up after 3 months taking him out for 6 months.

We seem to have written an entire story around why the deal didn't go through. It is just as possible that the contract negotiations broke down i.e. wanted too much money or wanted first team guarantees etc.

However based on the little/no information we have managed to decide that he had an injury and now Cotts and Coles have fallen out. 

Maybe Villa were in all along and we were used as a hurry up? It's like a house move chain, one in one out. There will be another along soon, I'm not too concerned. And if he dd fail his medical here maybe it's our gain anyway.we don't want to sign him on a three year deal only for an old injury flare up after 3 months taking him out for 6 months.

I'd just stick max o'leary or wallocot on the bench and use the loan market if frankie gets injured

I'd just stick max o'leary or wallocot on the bench and use the loan market if frankie gets injured

I agree. Reserve goalkeepers are ten a penny and are exempt from the restrictions placed on the acquisition of outfield players, so if the need arises at any time we can dip into the loan market or emergency loan market. Premier clubs are always looking to loan out their surplus keepers and each lower league club will only have need for one loan keeper at a time at the very most. I am not against acquiring a second keeper, but would be happy to go with what we've got and dip into the loan market if the need arises. You never know, Villa might end up loaning us Bunn!

Archived