IGNORED

Mark Bunn - Signs For Aston Villa (Merged)

Cider red

I don't think Ms Coles or AS would have been the reason he went to Villa. Other websites reported his medical before them & agents are always talking. Despite his medical I'm sure his agent heard that Villa may soon be looking for a keeper & eyeing up a bigger percentage got on the blower & kept us hanging on for a few days. Annoying but I'm sure we've stole players from under the noses of clubs before.

Not sure it says a lot for Bunn though. A back up most of his career, 3 rd choice at Norwich now facing a battle for 2nd/3rd choice at Villa? Despite what some think I believe Cotts would have eventually had him as his no1 here.

Still, at least it shows up some of the smug itk's on here who claimed he had failed the medical.

I don't think Ms Coles or AS would have been the reason he went to Villa. Other websites reported his medical before them & agents are always talking. Despite his medical I'm sure his agent heard that Villa may soon be looking for a keeper & eyeing up a bigger percentage got on the blower & kept us hanging on for a few days. Annoying but I'm sure we've stole players from under the noses of clubs before.

Not sure it says a lot for Bunn though. A back up most of his career, 3 rd choice at Norwich now facing a battle for 2nd/3rd choice at Villa? Despite what some think I believe Cotts would have eventually had him as his no1 here.

Still, at least it shows up some of the smug itk's on here who claimed he had failed the medical.

He did fail his medical

Just a thought but maybe his " condition " means he could n't play as a number 1 .

Possibly his body would n't stand up to the rigours of two games a week .

Or possibly Villa are a bigger club who offer more money .

Bigger club more money imo, don't blame him ether,

Would rather be no.2 at Bristol City or no.2 at Aston villa?

I've no idea, I've not heard that he failed it either

Maybe you could point Sarge & I in the general direction of something that says so

I've not seen anything written about it publicly except here, but it happened. Can't imagine he'd want it widely known, either.

I've not seen anything written about it publicly except here, but it happened. Can't imagine he'd want it widely known, either.

So, it's quite possible that he didn't fail the medical then?

I doubt he wanted it all over twitter that it was a 'done deal', but it was

So, it's quite possible that he didn't fail the medical then?

I doubt he wanted it all over twitter that it was a 'done deal', but it was

No, it is absolutely definite he failed it.

If you want some sort of empirical proof, think about this - Why was he so definite he was going to sign for an unnamed club he tweeted he would announce it last Monday, when he was 'just off for a medical', and then fell into a well of infinite silence about the deal?

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Erectile-dysfunction/Pages/Treatment.aspx ????

I think it's come from a game of Chinese whispers. Why would Villa sign him if we wouldn't? I think the very rational theory of Villa came in & gazumpted us is just, if not more, plausible. Either way we are not signing him now on to the next unfounded rumour

If you want some sort of empirical proof, think about this - Why was he so definite he was going to sign for an unnamed club he tweeted he would announce it last Monday, when he was 'just off for a medical', and then fell into a well of infinite silence about the deal?

Plenty of reasons:

• Because he wasn't given the assurances on first team football
  • The contract offer was too low
  • He had further offers but had to wait for the current keeper to go to Middlesbrough
  • He didn't like Steve Cotterills aftershave
  • The water in Bristol tasted funny

Plenty of reasons:

• Because he wasn't given the assurances on first team football
  • The contract offer was too low
  • He had further offers but had to wait for the current keeper to go to Middlesbrough
  • He didn't like Steve Cotterills aftershave
  • The water in Bristol tasted funny

Yet he was sure enough he was going to be signing that day he tweeted he would reveal the name of the club by the end of the day. And he did fail his medical.

Yet he was sure enough he was going to be signing that day he tweeted he would reveal the name of the club by the end of the day. And he did fail his medical.

Yes, but him announcing that he was en route to a medical would make other clubs act quick.. How are you so sure he failed his medical?

Honestly, is that what you are basing it on?

I've never read anything less in my life that makes me think something was less 'absolutely definite' - except the bible, possibly

Or maybe he just received a call from Villa just before he completed his move here..?!

He seems fit enough to have passed their medical today!

Honestly, is that what you are basing it on?

I've never read anything less in my life that makes me think something was less 'absolutely definite' - except the bible, possibly

No, I know he failed the medical. But since you don't know my word from Adam's I thought you might like some logical deduction to go alongside.

Or maybe he just received a call from Villa just before he completed his move here..?!
He seems fit enough to have passed their medical today!

Not the first time a player has failed a medical somewhere and signed somewhere else.

No, I know he failed the medical. But since you don't know my word from Adam's I thought you might like some logical deduction to go alongside.

Not the first time a player has failed a medical somewhere and signed somewhere else.

So did he "fail" the medical, or just not passed it on purpose.

There is a massive difference between the two, that's what the confusion is over.

When will people actually listen that he failed his medical with us, don't know the specifics, but clearly something that Villa are not as concerned about as we are.

Time will tell who made the right decision

It's not a question of listening. I, like plenty of others have heard nothing about him failing, bar what a couple have said on here. Where has this info suddenly come from.

No idea, I don't know how you'd purposefully fail one.

You made it sound like you knew from the inside that he failed his medical.

He may of passed his medical, and just before dotting the i's on the contract decided against it.

Archived