IGNORED

Officially Signed! Jonathan Kodjia (Merged)

And Its Smith

Well done City! Love the fact that we were able to keep this completely under wraps until the lad had signed on the dotted line and he looks like he could be an absolute steal given the interest there's been in him, although I'm sure he'll take time to bed in to English football and will need to be given a fair crack of the whip by everybody. New season can't come fast enough now!

Possibly, but lets not get greedy in that department (it depends on how long agard will be out for) 

I'd rather us strengthen elsewhere before looking at another striker now. We'll see. 

Even with Agard we have three out and out strikers, Kodjia, Agard and Wilbraham. Considering we play two up top getting depth in that area is important.

Worth waiting for. Maybe that should be a question. Time will tell. Pleased just to have made signing and it seems to be an exciting one too. Let the flood gates open. Typical Cotts and Burt, no one had the foggiest about it.

Yep, as I mentioned on here a couple of weeks ago, just because we're not being linked with all and sundry on SSN, doesn't mean we're sitting on our hands.

Well i think its fair to say, nobody expected this signing. Must be a fair wedge of the transfer budget but its looks like a very good deal on paper. League player of the year and the teams top scorer. Impressive work behind the scenes yet again.

Come on mate be fair....the ITK's knew about this one happening 3 months ago  :P  :robbored:

As some of you may recall, I wrote down the name given to me by someone definitely in the know, which I sealed in an envelope to be opened after the official announcement of our first signing.  I may have got the spelling slightly wrong, but it's there for all to see.............John Akinde.  hmmmmmmm

So, anyone know if he is in Portugal with the lads? Either pic taken on the weekend or in Portugal. Looks a great signing. Transfer fee high but probably alright wages and looks a player that can give size next to Agard as well as pace next to Wilbs

Excellent signing. What the clips show is that he has true speed, flair and the improvising ability to score in tight situations with both feet with the outside or inside of his boot and at about 6 foot 3 is going to cause lots of problems for defenders.

Brilliant work by SC KB and all at City. I'm delighted to be kept out of the know and in the dark if we can sign players of this quality.

Now worriers give us a rest for a while.

Archived