IGNORED

Officially Signed! Jonathan Kodjia (Merged)

And Its Smith

Let's face it none of us here probably knew who he was before is joined us but one thing is for sure we just signed the Ligue 2 Player of the Year, who previous winners include Olivier Giroud and Yoan Gouffran

Make of that what you will but it certainly shows the board want the Premier League and we will spend the cash if we need to. What a signing. COYR.

Ive tried to find out if he's there and getting a run out from my mate who works for city and currently in Portugal he was happy txting about general chit chat as soon as I mentioned the new lad he went dark! He's pretty good with the official secrets act gives me **** all despite my best efforts!

...he's French, won't be having a run out, however we're delighted he's done a wee wee and signed.

PS ... Don't mention Kodjia in the chippie or you'll be having fish with no chips for tea... kodjia is not French for Cod Lot in Bristol OK?..

PPS.. Welcome to Bristol Jon - hope all goes well, its great here & I'm sure you won't be looking back in Angers anytime soon.

Can't believe nobody has pretended to have seen him play yet!

All the ITKs stumped again!!

Been watching his career with interest, caught a couple of Ligue 2 matches when in Japan last year. Very good left foot. Just didn't want to say anything. What's his surname again?

Giroud and Sahko both former Ligue 2 POTY. If he turns out to be half as good as either of them...

There are certainly gems to be plucked from French ligue 2 and even ligue 1.

Drogba, Malouda, Koscielny and Gamiero off the top of my head, all came from ligue 2 into ligue 1 and onto bigger and better things, as did Giroud who played in ligue 1 with Montpelier for 2 seasons including a championship.

The standard in general in ligue 2 is awful, however the French clubs do raid Africa, South America and even the middle east for young hungry talent and have a good success rate.

He will almost certainly find the physicality of the English game different, the French game can be virtually contact free.

Raphael Guerreiro at Lorient is going to be a big star, 21 years old and probably the best young left back/left wing back in europe, 21 years old starred in Portugal's U21 team recently and signed from Caen ligue2.

PS:- Somebody needs to tell him for an authentic Keith Lemon impression he needs to wear the bandage on his right hand.

Absolutely ridiculous signing...

Bristol Sport has dropped a bullock here.we should have signed his team mate for shirt printing profits galore...let alone a decent sponsorship deal...

Vilayphone Ketkeophomphone

Seriously, that has to be the best name in football history!

Devastated

...have we got his phone number?

My apologies.

The wife is a teacher and wasn't at work this morning. Now I'm at work. And I don't know whether I'm coming or going.

But yes, I can confirm it is Monday!

When I was a kid we could rely on getting the right time by asking a policeman... Now its likely we wouldn't even be told the right day.. bloody cutbacks, how much further are standards gonna drop in this country? tch, tch, Fordy.

(still at least the chances of 'getting off on a technicality' nowadays must be improving! ) :)

So can you all stop moaning now.. This is first of 6 or 7. We are after quality, not numbers, and we will take risk on potential. SC and the board want Prem football, and dare I say it back to back promotion. This is a great signing, in principle if nothing else, and shows we are changing our ways. In the past we would have signed Billy Sharp for example... We will be a team in the top ten for sure, do not doubt it.

Woah Woah Woah. Just because we've signed one player does not mean suddenly we are in the top ten. The club has to prove it is attracting and bringing on board the right players with the right ability as well as attitude and then we will be in a position to make predictions on our league position.

Quick, someone who can speak French get on their forum to find out what he's like. :-)

Taken care of that for you, Loco. I'm pleased to tell you that the Angers fans, to a man tell me 'il est merde'. I presume that means 'he is ******* brilliant'

Archived