IGNORED

Officially Signed! Jonathan Kodjia (Merged)

And Its Smith

• Admin

Seen a few comments about the standard of defending in the videos of JK's time in France so decided to look on youtube for a compilation of Callum Wilson's goals last season.

I have great news to report guys & girls, Championship defenders & goalkeepers are terrible!!! :D

I thought you were going to launch into a limerick then Woodsy..

I met a young lady from Saint Denis

Who was amazed at the size of my....

Fill in the blanks.

Woodsy met a young lady from Saint Denis

Who was amazed by the size of his..... PENIS  :shocking:

When he lowered his shorts

She gave out 2 loud snorts

And exclaimed, 'Mon Dieu, it's tiny and heinous' 

Seen a few comments about the standard of defending in the videos of JK's time in France so decided to look on youtube for a compilation of Callum Wilson's goals last season.

I have great news to report guys & girls, Championship defenders & goalkeepers are terrible!!! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugSzMwdArKc

Good point. We keep being told on here that JK has scored some great goals but the defending in French Div 2 is terrible judging by his goals video, but there aren't that many goals in any division in the world where one would exclaim, 'Great goal and great defending too!'

Woodsy met a young lady from Saint Denis

Who was amazed by the size of his..... PENIS  :shocking:

When he lowered his shorts

She gave out 2 loud snorts

And exclaimed, 'Mon Dieu, it's tiny and heinous' 

Is this slanderous? Do I have grounds to sue Noggers, it was 3 snorts, not 2. The rest is pretty much as it happened :badmood:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugSzMwdArKc

True, I really like Callum Wilson. I remember he was excellent in the game vs Coventry played at Northampton.

Outside bet for the euros if there are the usual couple of injuries and he scores 10 or so?

According to French internet page, he was born in the Saint-Denis district of Paris.

He is 1.79 metres tall.

Saint-Denis, a densely populated, mainly African descent (north and west, e.g. Ivory Coast) suburb north of Paris - think Easton, but larger and even rougher. 

Interestingly, Kodjia's early career was less than spectacular: he commenced his professional career with Reims in 2008 (no goals in 26 matches over 7 seasons) and was almost constantly on loan to 2nd Division clubs, culminating with Caen in 2013/2014 {7 goals/32 matches}, who declined to extend his loan when they were promoted to Division 1.

Kodjia then joined 2nd Division Angers for the 2014/2015 season, for whom he scored 15 goals in only 29 matches (he was injured for most of the second half of the season) finishing second top goalscorer, but being voted player of the season.

He is in fact 1.89 metres tall.

In so far as the club's care of him, that may be a blessing. The language barrier being an impediment to every day life, let alone within the confines of the football club, would presumably ensure that significant time and effort is spent in attempting to ensure his happiness; a translator being on hand, if nothing else, for example.

English Lessons?

I met a young lady from St. Denis

Who initially thought me a menace

When her heart retired

And my balls back fired

Little Stefanie expired with a grimace.

Just to be clear this was Woodsy who met Stefanie not me for those who cannot be bothered to read a page up. However there is breaking news that Nogs had a bit of a nibble and Woodsy is not at all happy about his legacy especially as it is rumoured there were sprogs involved although they have not been seen since they were dropped off at a chippie down in Crews Hole.

You would hope so, but far bigger clubs than us, who sign foreign players on a regular basis, have failed in this department.

Of course, we could always sign another French player and become the Arsenal of the Championship ;-) Some good players to be plundered from over their ;-)

With the right connections you're correct and it can be extremely lucrative, FC Lorient signed Laurent Koscielny from ligue 2 for 1.7 mil and 13 months later sold him to Arsenal for 12 mil, they also signed Kevin Gameiro for 3 mil and sold him to PSG 3 years later for 15 mil, Vincent Aboubakar free transfer 12 months later 3 mil to Porto, Michael Ciani free transfer 3 years later 3 mil to Bordeaux, Andre Pierre Gignac picked up free 6 years later 4.5 mil to Toulouse with a sell on clause within a year signed for Marseille for 18 mil, Christophe Jallet free transfer 3 years later 3.5 mil to PSG.

This is from one club and there are more examples even from this club.

Another source is the Rennes academy, one the best run academies in europe, FC Lorient often pick up discarded players from this academy, for a club the size of Lorient (the size of Weston Super Mud) to compete in the french top tier is fantastic and apart from the odd high value signing (8 mil being their record) most of their squad is picked up from ligue 2 and the profit from transfers is quite staggering.

Archived