IGNORED

Officially Signed! Jonathan Kodjia (Merged)

And Its Smith

I met a young lady from St. Denis

Who initially thought me a menace

When her heart retired

And my balls back fired

Little Stefanie expired with a grimace.

Just to be clear this was Nogs who met Stefanie not me for those who cannot be bothered to read a page up. 

:)

Hang on, that was me. Did Nogs have a go too? Dirty bugger

Those photos of him in a City shirt were taken in Portugal!

Tomato Sauce? 

They look very much like temperate climate plants and not the sort of cacti and other mediterranean hardy type plants required for a climate lacking in water for long periods.   ;)

In fact that photo could be taken in a back garden in Clifton or Clevedon instead of a dry patch or a landscaped terrace full of Bougainvillaea and Alamander in Albufeira. 

With the right connections you're correct and it can be extremely lucrative, FC Lorient signed Laurent Koscielny from ligue 2 for 1.7 mil and 13 months later sold him to Arsenal for 12 mil, they also signed Kevin Gameiro for 3 mil and sold him to PSG 3 years later for 15 mil, Vincent Aboubakar free transfer 12 months later 3 mil to Porto, Michael Ciani free transfer 3 years later 3 mil to Bordeaux, Andre Pierre Gignac picked up free 6 years later 4.5 mil to Toulouse with a sell on clause within a year signed for Marseille for 18 mil, Christophe Jallet free transfer 3 years later 3.5 mil to PSG.

This is from one club and there are more examples even from this club.

Another source is the Rennes academy, one the best run academies in europe, FC Lorient often pick up discarded players from this academy, for a club the size of Lorient (the size of Weston Super Mud) to compete in the french top tier is fantastic and apart from the odd high value signing (8 mil being their record) most of their squad is picked up from ligue 2 and the profit from transfers is quite staggering.

Totally agree EMB.... and not just the French League... some of the Dutch, Belgium and Spanish League 2 teams have some real talent...plus the exchange rate is an even bigger incentive now, although many contracts in this country are paid in Euros for some reason... I did know why, but have forgotten...Doh!

Totally agree EMB.... and not just the French League... some of the Dutch, Belgium and Spanish League 2 teams have some real talent...plus the exchange rate is an even bigger incentive now, although many contracts in this country are paid in Euros for some reason... I did know why, but have forgotten...Doh!

offshore accounting more commonly known as a tax dodge?

This can only be Bristol City. We spend weeks anxiously awaiting news of a signing particularly in the striker department and when it finally happens within 24 hours there are posters on here selling him off for potentially big profit. He hasn't even kicked a ball for us yet. I understand where the posters are coming from, illustrating the good biz that's been conducted, but it does tickle me.

This can only be Bristol City. We spend weeks anxiously awaiting news of a signing particularly in the striker department and when it finally happens within 24 hours there are posters on here selling him off for potentially big profit. He hasn't even kicked a ball for us yet. I understand where the posters are coming from, illustrating the good biz that's been conducted, but it does tickle me.

More positive than the reaction to the signings of Wilbs and Smith, which is progress.

But equally based on never having heard of him 48 hours ago.

but positive is positive.

I live just over an hour away from Angers and I had never heard of him, because I haven't thankfully watched ligue 2 football for several years now due to Vannes being relegated and my comp tickets drying up after I almost chinned my neighbour (the source of the tickets) actually I manufactured my dispute with the neighbour to save me from feeling obliged to use the ******* tickets.

but positive is positive.

I live just over an hour away from Angers and I had never heard of him, because I haven't thankfully watched ligue 2 football for several years now due to Vannes being relegated and my comp tickets drying up after I almost chinned my neighbour (the source of the tickets) actually I manufactured my dispute with the neighbour to save me from feeling obliged to use the ******* tickets.

We could always reserve judgement until we see him in red and white, although that would of course be ridiculous  ;)

We could always reserve judgement until we see him in red and white, although that would of course be ridiculous  ;)

Well I as ever have not made judgement on an incoming player, but I trust the current set up and hope and believe he will be a great signing, I am very happy and as I have also said there are incredible riches to plunder in French ligue 2.

Those who who are looking at a tidy future profit, at least that's a positive from saying well that's money down the drain, like many of our past signings and is progress for the club as well to have an asset and not an ageing journeyman.

it's better than slagging an incoming player off without seeing him, which has been the norm on here.

Looks like a very astute signing on paper. Hopefully, as others point out, he'll settle into the rigours of English football and be a success.

Interesting to see that we are in fact tapping the European market after a few rumours here and there were seemingly written off. Cotterill has previously said that he prefers working with British players, and Dawe has said we are looking at experienced Championship players, so I find it very interesting that we are shopping abroad. I like it though, and have always argued that we should never have turned our back on that market, just because of a couple of mistakes in the past.

Burt certainly does have previous in the foreign market though and interestingly enough, when at Forest he signed Guy Moussi from the very same club, Angers.

I'm delighted we are looking at the foreign market. Long may it continue.

Looks like a very astute signing on paper. Hopefully, as others point out, he'll settle into the rigours of English football and be a success.

Interesting to see that we are in fact tapping the European market after a few rumours here and there were seemingly written off. Cotterill has previously said that he prefers working with British players, and Dawe has said we are looking at experienced Championship players, so I find it very interesting that we are shopping abroad. I like it though, and have always argued that we should never have turned our back on that market, just because of a couple of mistakes in the past.

Burt certainly does have previous in the foreign market though and interestingly enough, when at Forest he signed Guy Moussi from the very same club, Angers.

I'm delighted we are looking at the foreign market. Long may it continue.

Thing is Harry didn't the club try say our budget was bottom 6 championship?, a lot of it is just mind games, i'm not surprised, in fact I believe some of the players that we have been linked with (via Stockhausen) are blind alleys designed to confuse.

As I keep saying in the main the overall standard ligue 2 is not good but there are many hidden gems, that the French clubs have traditionally scooped up, improved them and sold on for huge profits, it's the only way the French game can survive.

Bear in mind any future foray into the prem will need strong foreign links, it's the best place to gain value for money, the price of British players is beyond belief and most of them are pretty average IMO.

Archived