IGNORED

Officially Signed! Jonathan Kodjia (Merged)

And Its Smith

Same can be said about Talksport.

It should be renamed TalkManCityChelseaLiverpoolManUtdArsenal. I suppose in it's defence it does mix it up occasionally when it has Arry on there talking about the same 5 clubs.

Very true but to be fair to talkshite they do discuss other sports as well. I don't mind Murray, and Brian Moore's Sunday rugby show is good but otherwise it's a poor station. Gough and Durham are absolutely dreadful.

Well, we're not QPR, Hull, Leeds etc....still old unfashionable Bristol City!

I think the time the news broke and it did make the BBC site, there was a story about 3 articles down on the main football page about Rangers signing Tavernier - that's 2nd Div Scottish football. Don't see too much about Alloa or Queen of the South on the front page!

Yeah, guess you're right there, Gaz. Not newsworthy....we'll show them!

Very true but to be fair to talkshite they do discuss other sports as well. I don't mind Murray, and Brian Moore's Sunday rugby show is good but otherwise it's a poor station. Gough and Durham are absolutely dreadful.

Durham has been off for a couple of weeks, and I happened to listen to a bit of Johnny Vaughn on there one night when my podcasts ran out on the way home from work. My God, that was stunningly awful. I love JV's weekend show, but he struggled big time on Drive

• Admin

I also think its strange that none of our friendlies are getting a mention on Sky either but they had the Villa game from the same place last week.

The opponents may have been the same but Villa are clearly a bigger team than us.

This can only be Bristol City. We spend weeks anxiously awaiting news of a signing particularly in the striker department and when it finally happens within 24 hours there are posters on here selling him off for potentially big profit. He hasn't even kicked a ball for us yet. I understand where the posters are coming from, illustrating the good biz that's been conducted, but it does tickle me.

If you understand where they're coming from then why does it tickle you so?

I'd be a lot more excited about the future of the French national team than England.

Varane, Zouma, Lacazette, Griezmann, Pogba, Matuidi, Laporte....

Smalling, Delph, Kane, Sterling, Lallana, Wilshere, Jagielka.....

I know which set of those I'd rather have!

Slightly unfair selection for England; Sterling, Kane, Barkley, Stones, Wilshere, Oxlade-Cham, Behrahino is probably a better comparison but I see your point. Lacazette and Greizman will go on to be excellent.

If you understand where they're coming from then why does it tickle you so?

If I didn't understand where they were coming from I am fairly sure I would feel anger, confusion maybe even dread. However, coz I was able to understand where they were coming from I felt completely at ease with the situation. It's a bit like Rod Hull and Emu. If we held no prior knowledge of Rod and his bird and as a nation we were attacked by a throng of Rod Hulli and Emuas I'm pretty sure there would be a wide spectrum of reaction from downright fear to violent outrage. However, when, as a nation we do know where they are coming from the reaction to being attacked by a mob of Rod Hulli and Emuas would be one of hysterical laughter.

I remember one of the two red cards.

We played Troyes who finished first of Ligue 2. It was surely our worst game last season and we were loosing 2-0 at home when Jonathan tackled too violently one of Troyes Player. He got a normal red card, and we took a third goal during the last ten minutes.

To me that shouts winner! He wasn't liking getting beat by a team up around him at the top and put the studs in! I would rather he didn't put the studs in for us but shows us what he is made of. Winner material. Personally I will take that all day long. Rocca also says he is a leader and has good banter, the boy will fit in nicely.

Slightly unfair selection for England; Sterling, Kane, Barkley, Stones, Wilshere, Oxlade-Cham, Behrahino is probably a better comparison but I see your point. Lacazette and Greizman will go on to be excellent.

You can pick any selection of the England crop and it will still look second rate!

Big welcome to JK hope he has a long successful career here at Bristol City helping us to the promise land.

Rocca you should know there's a conspiracy about not letting us win anything as we'll big it up for the next 100 years and be on the piss celebrating for just as long ;-)

I checked Championship clubs and I saw that 4 ot 5 were in London or not very far from London. I will organize myself to join you guys in the Away Fans Stand !

You buy me a pint at a London away game next year and we'll be best mates again!

Careful Rocca, remember what I said...

We'll have a fair few games in and around London this season - should try and come along! I mean, most of our supporters are idiots, as this forum attests, but stick with me and you'll be all right.

:whistle:

Direct swearing at the referee, e.g. ref, you are a XXXX, obviously deserves a card in both formats, probably red.

The difference between swearing in French and in English is that, in the latter, the swearword is usually an adjective, e.g. ref, he was XXXXing miles offside, whereas, more often in French, the swearword is a noun and, accordingly, probably taken more personally.

..clever players in France can escape cards for swearing at the ref if they quickly follow up the offending word by pleading 'excuse my French' ... Can't they?

Archived