IGNORED

Officially Signed! Jonathan Kodjia (Merged)

And Its Smith

To be fair on the surface you'd forgive them, choosing a newly-promoted Championship club over an established Ligue 1 team. If that is indeed the case.

Agreed, absurd as it may seem Bristol City F.C. are presumably not a particularly well known club internationally and his choice of club will understandably be a bit of a mystery to these French fans.

Hence I reckon the stadium/crowd picture will be a bit of an eye opener for them.

He really did just retweet it. This guy really does look exciting, just wondering about the fee really. https://twitter.com/StanleyGWHughes/status/623138432269840385

Great shout, 10 points to the first person to find and repost that picture!

Ian M pointed out a black guy on the pitch at 1.15pm.. cannot remember the day though!! However, he looked a bit fat unless of course the camera angle did that or he was told to wear half a dozen pullovers to knock us off the scent. Ian M will find the pic for you I am sure.

11694966_10153007689902215_6156085299742

Pity they didn't tell Rovers that a few weeks ago.. they would have actually paid money for the Williams to be meccanoed over to the Minimal lock stock and barrel instead of just being given the rump leftovers.

I am genuinely excited about this. RedDave, consider yourself promoted from assistant to deputy.

Yes Red.. Deputy Official Match Day Threader.. thank the ---- .. I need a deputy. ;)

Agreed, absurd as it may seem Bristol City F.C. are presumably not a particularly well known club internationally and his choice of club will understandably be a bit of a mystery to these French fans.

Hence I reckon the stadium/crowd picture will be a bit of an eye opener for them.

They might be a bit better known now.

Angers to Bristol.. two rather nice cities having been to the former on more than one occasion. I recommend it for a visit. Actually thats an understatement... Angers is a beautiful city with a stunning castle on the River Loire. oooohh... i feel a match day thread coming on. 

Bristol of course is also a stunningly beautiful city for all those Francophiles reading this thread :)

It's been mentioned already I think, but here's another compilation of goals from a couple of years ago, admittedly in a lower league.

From this you see some more variety, and a couple of cracking goals. He certainly does look like the full package as a striker - fast, good finisher, good in the air, not afraid to pass. 

Considering how versatile he looks, he'd probably work well up top with another targetman like Wilbs, but also play well off a smaller player like Agard/Burns/Messi who will obviously now sign after this.

If he hasn't signed yet and we really are after him the club can't be happy that this news has come out. It will potentially give other clubs a chance to out-bid us.

That's my worry too. But as the club President of Angers retweeted a fair well tweet, the deal must already be done. We'll just have to wait until it's confirmed our side, then we can breath. 

That's my worry too. But as the club President of Angers retweeted a fair well tweet, the deal must already be done. We'll just have to wait until it's confirmed our side, then we can breath.

Unless the president is trying to incite a bidding war?

If he hasn't signed a contract it could still get hijacked at the last minute though. And yes his club wouldn't be upset if someone came in and guzumped us I'm sure. I'm probably a bit paranoid though due to desperation to see us clinch a signing!

Archived