IGNORED

Greg Cunningham - Pne (Merged)

pnefcok

Maybe we don't need quite so many new players if we change formation!

Frankie plus one new keeper

Right backs - maybe Ayling for the time being - and we already have a good but injured right back.

Centre half - Flinty plus 2 new - one as cover and one top player.

Left back Williams covered by Joe, moves up to left mid most of the time

Maybe we need one more centre mid - but we have good cover.

Maybe one more striker.

442 may be the answer.

He was going to be second choice behind Joe Bryan, if he can get regular football somewhere else then good luck to him. We now have more wages freed up for our targets. I am pretty certain we will see significant moves in the transfer market next week

I think to create more space on the pitch we are going to start with 6 players but with each player playing several positions, Frankie Sweeper Goalkeeper Flinty Centre Striker Defender Luke A Centre Right Wing Back Joe will take the entire left side and Luke F in the whole midfield oh and the new bloke can play where he wants. Sorted!

I don't think I have ever felt more relieved that we appear to be getting things right for once. Ok for now the squad is a little light but, why clog up your budget with lots of players that will never play a game.

I remember times in the past where we have had 6 strikers on the books, ludicrous.

Always liked Greg. Good player.

Can't really believe we are letting him follow Osbourne out the door. Both were excellent squad men who were more than capable of doing a job in the first team. Not totally sure I understand the strategy of letting this type of player go, without replacing with similar (which with any newcomer involves a gamble).

Anyhow, in Cotts I trust. Must be going to be a really busy time next week with a big influx coming in.

The issue is if GC GOES and my thoughts are he may well do JB is here next season unless there is a colossal bid. This is a good thing if we get decent money and a sell on.

It's all a part of assessing the squad that we knew was happening. GC IS the moat salable asset outside the first 11 with a year to run.

The YB and AA situations are now more interesting as this may help fund future deals.

This how a club should be run. City are now getting the jist.

Is Kane still available anyone?

I think the the bit that feels 'wrong' at the moment is not that we have a small squad, players are leaving without various replacement (yet) or that we've only brough in one, no, what feels wrong, is that there are no rumours or any strong links of names coming in. Thats what feels uncomfortable for me right now.

I do trust SC and KB to being doing the right thing and i'm convinced that players wouldn't be allowed to leave without nailed on replacements coming in after all who in their right mind would shrink an already small squad and take such a gamble. Not sure Landsown would support the gamble. Next week could be very interesting.

Really?? I know we were shite but that's a bit of a claim.

He's never been the same since his nasty injury picked up at Peterborough when Little clattered him.

I could definitely see him going but not imminently when we have such a wafer thin squad as it is.

Then again he's good cover, seems to be enjoying it here so why would we sell?? What happens if JB gets injured??

It was Barnett who clattered Greg. Little concentrated on Skuse.

Looking at the way SC is cutting the squad back to to core of our very best players and seeking to bring in new blood that is "better than we already have" - this could bode well for the season ahead and beyond because the new squad will all be on longer term contracts. I would expect Waggy to be the next one to be sold if this theory is correct.

Archived