IGNORED

Greg Cunningham - Pne (Merged)

pnefcok

Pleased for him. He's not going to further his International career sitting in our bench and he's understudying one of if not the best left wingback outside the premier. One year on his contract so decent fee is good business for a change.

Good luxk to him. Good player and good squad man. The Nobbers have a good un.

Getting silly now. We have 16 players. Including the useless Burns and El bad. Leaving us a first team and that's it.

Deals done too late.

Have worryingly heard that Cotterill has been setting his sights far too high in terms of recruits and has been subsequently spitting out his dummy when the board can't get them. Hope it is not true...

Have worryingly heard that Cotterill has been setting his sights far too high in terms of recruits and has been subsequently spitting out his dummy when the board can't get them. Hope it is not true...

. As in Ronaldo or messi?,where have you heard this and surely you would have names that he has been setting his sights on which are far to high

Very true. I take that back.

Well done Badger. Kid's history on here gives every reason to think he's being completely genuine, but, of course, there's no way he can give a name.

The disappointing thing to me is there's no sign of enthusiasm on his part on announcing this news.

A few exclamation marks would have helped, but with the lack of them my immediate impression is he, at least, is not that overjoyed at the 'name' he's been given.

Indeed SJ, the worst thing that could happen to the club right now is any sort of schism in the vision between manager and board.

Genuinely (apparently) singing from the same hymn sheet and working towards common goals while being fully aware of any financial limitations has been our greatest strength since Cotts. took over. A real unity and common purpose within the hierarchy.

Hopefully there's little or nothing in this, but the extraordinary situation we find ourselves in, being a promoted team on a high but having such a depleted squad with so little time to go to KO is very puzzling.

Really?? I know we were shite but that's a bit of a claim.

He's never been the same since his nasty injury picked up at Peterborough when Little clattered him.

I could definitely see him going but not imminently when we have such a wafer thin squad as it is.

Then again he's good cover, seems to be enjoying it here so why would we sell?? What happens if JB gets injured??

Thought it was Tyrone Barnett that clattered him

was Greg our last 'big' earner from the previous championship campaign?

all makes good sense to me so far if we are getting a reasonable fee as well. a squad on similar wages surely makes life easier with no resentment anywhere creeping in.

im disappointed to see Greg go, i rated him and was more confident when he came on to back up the defence than waggy. tidy going forward too.

i still think others may have been to portugal to see how they would fit in,just me guessing but that tight knit thing has definately proved worthwhile .

looking forward to this week,well, apart from paying for sheff ticket, but the training ground is going to be busy

Looking at the way SC is cutting the squad back to to core of our very best players and seeking to bring in new blood that is "better than we already have" - this could bode well for the season ahead and beyond because the new squad will all be on longer term contracts. I would expect Waggy to be the next one to be sold if this theory is correct.

This sounds good and does make sense to have a slim squad of quality rather than quantity. There's no point having a large squad (e.g. the Wolves model) with massive financial outgoings if your income cant support it. Makes sense from a business sense. Time is running out though for any new players to settle in and get some game time to gel with those that are here before the season starts. Fingers crossed quality comes in soon.

I think the the bit that feels 'wrong' at the moment is not that we have a small squad, players are leaving without various replacement (yet) or that we've only brough in one, no, what feels wrong, is that there are no rumours or any strong links of names coming in. Thats what feels uncomfortable for me right now.

I do trust SC and KB to being doing the right thing and i'm convinced that players wouldn't be allowed to leave without nailed on replacements coming in after all who in their right mind would shrink an already small squad and take such a gamble. Not sure Landsown would support the gamble. Next week could be very interesting.

I can't remember a single rumour on here prior to Kodjia signing, so just because there are none just now does not mean that we do not have new players lined up.

Who's the academy guy who could step up? Lewis Hall is it who is the LB for the academy. Hope we don't lose Joe to Everton!!!

At this rate we will be asking Wade Elliott to reinstate his player status for the season

At this rate we will be asking Scott Murray to reinstate his player status!

Greg may have wanted to go for first team football. If so, fair enough. Can't do much about that.

Until now I haven't really been worried. I'm a fan if a smaller squad but we are currently way too small!

As things stand we are weaker than we were in league 1!

Well done Badger. Kid's history on here gives every reason to think he's being completely genuine, but, of course, there's no way he can give a name.

The disappointing thing to me is there's no sign of enthusiasm on his part on announcing this news.

A few exclamation marks would have helped, but with the lack of them my immediate impression is he, at least, is not that overjoyed at the 'name' he's been given.

Ha - well deduced!

Assuming this player does sign middle of next week I predict a mixed response. One of those that if SC can get the best out of him could be a decent signing...

I can't remember a single rumour on here prior to Kodjia signing, so just because there are none just now does not mean that we do not have new players lined up.

Exactly. Usually by now there are some rumours that turn out to have some truth in them but there seem to be very few at the moment. Im not saying there aren't any lined up, but its a shame signings couldn't be sorted earlier to give them time to settle.

Archived