IGNORED

Greg Cunningham - Pne (Merged)

pnefcok

Gutted to see Greg go!

I know it's hard to really know the dynamics, but from the insight we get into the group Greg never seemed to be part of that 'core' with Flint, Pack, Wilbs, Bryan, Smith, Freeman, Ayling.

One of the few that kept respect during the horror seasons.

Does that mean Laidy is no longer at PNE?

All the best Greg!

This sounds good and does make sense to have a slim squad of quality rather than quantity. There's no point having a large squad (e.g. the Wolves model) with massive financial outgoings if your income cant support it. Makes sense from a business sense. Time is running out though for any new players to settle in and get some game time to gel with those that are here before the season starts. Fingers crossed quality comes in soon.

Not panicking just yet, but there's a big difference between having a slim squad of quality (say 20-22 players) and only just being able to name a bench. When you discount Adam El Abd we're down to what, 14/15 players if Greg leaves? We're going to need to see at least 6 incomings I would have thought to be able to consider it a "slim squad of quality" and not "severely lacking in players" !

Ha - well deduced!

Assuming this player does sign middle of next week I predict a mixed response. One of those that if SC can get the best out of him could be a decent signing...

Reading that post just makes me think of Wilbraham last summer? Do you think that could be a good comparator in the sense of fan reaction?

Got to admit it's the most gutted I have been about a player leaving in a long time. Ok Joe is keeping him out, and I'm a huge fan of Joe but there are still rumblings of us being able to hold on to him, new contract or not. Lots of ifs and buts, what if a joe gets injured? What if he struggles in the Championship? I can see us having to hunt around to find a player just like Greg again pretty soon.

Ok, yes I guess he was expensive. Maybe he wanted to go. Gutted all the same

Reading that post just makes me think of Wilbraham last summer? Do you think that could be a good comparator in the sense of fan reaction?

Yes. I think that would be a fair comparison. Very marmite.

Gutted to see Greg go!

I know it's hard to really know the dynamics, but from the insight we get into the group Greg never seemed to be part of that 'core' with Flint, Pack, Wilbs, Bryan, Smith, Freeman, Ayling.

One of the few that kept respect during the horror seasons.

Does that mean Laidy is no longer at PNE?

All the best Greg!

Yes. Lairdy turned down a 2 year deal with us to sign for S****horpe for guaranteed first team football.

Is Paul Konchesky on a free?

He has 1 year left at Leicester. We have been linked recently.

Why do people always drop clues or hints like they 'know who is siging' or 'know who we are interested in'

Either say a name or say nothing at all.

Nothing but attention seeking

People have got in trouble for naming names in the past. I for one find it reassuring when certain posters say that we're close to a signing, particularly when we're losing good players like Greg.

Not panicking just yet, but there's a big difference between having a slim squad of quality (say 20-22 players) and only just being able to name a bench. When you discount Adam El Abd we're down to what, 14/15 players if Greg leaves? We're going to need to see at least 6 incomings I would have thought to be able to consider it a "slim squad of quality" and not "severely lacking in players" !

Agree with you but given so far during pre season can you see c5-6 quality players coming in before the season starts? that would have been ideal but i cant see it now. Glad to be proven wrong though. I cant get my head around why someone would let bench/back up players leave without guaranteed players arriving. To me that just puts preasure on the whats left to stay fit. Bit of a risk. Like i said before though, i trust SC and KB to be doing the right thing.

Why do people always drop clues or hints like they 'know who is siging' or 'know who we are interested in'

Either say a name or say nothing at all.

Nothing but attention seeking

As you're a fairly regular poster you should know KITR etc don't post rubbish.

Just got a guessing game for a few days now on who it could be!

Yes. Lairdy turned down a 2 year deal with us to sign for S****horpe for guaranteed first team football.

He has 1 year left at Leicester. We have been linked recently.

You got real good player here pnefcok.

Im gutted to be honest but can see he wants first team football and with Bryan filling that position that wont happen.

Fair play to him and to PNE very good capture and also real nice guy!

Will always get a good reception from our fans for sure.

Archived