IGNORED

Greg Cunningham - Pne (Merged)

pnefcok

Any ideas on the potential fee?

Our latest bid for Tendayi Darikwa from Chesterfield was 200k according to our local rag the LEP, so I can't see us paying much more than that for Cunningham, who, like Darikwa, is a full back with only 1 year left on his current deal.

I doubt it's a huge figure as he's only got a year left on his contract.

A good bit of business for you, a decent player but not in the same league as young Joe Bryan.

I'd like to have seen him stay as cover but he's not good enough to displace Joe, more importantly he's not committed enough to fight for his place/ or is so professional he wants to play for his wages not sit on the bench getting splinters every week, there's two sides to every coin!!! :laugh:

Good luck GC, all the best for next season PNE (not against us though) and if you feel like swapping Garner for Agard then we'd be happy to oblige.

Ps. GC has a goal or two in him as well ;-)

Never been a big fish in a small pond so could be the making of him.

Personally feel we need a bit more fight and aggression do I would like to have him here.

can those ITK not rule him out regrading signing next week?

There are many players out there who have fight and aggression on the pitch and still manage not to stub cigars out in their teammates eyes.

There are many players out there who have fight and aggression on the pitch and still manage not to stub cigars out in their teammates eyes.

I understand that, but I do rate Barton as someone who can fire people up and fight for a team.

Granted he has been a liability and is clearly from a really unpleasant background....if it was his brother then I would boycott city....but it's not, plus like others have said....he has grown up somewhat since he has become Mr Philosopher

No clues from me bud. My lips are sealed.

Before anyone criticises, this isn't an arrogant "I'm ITK" post. It's just trying to be informative and assure people there is a signing in the offing. And no, the source or name cannot be revealed because that would be breaking trust. Just providing awareness.

Plays down the M4 a bit, hence the marmite bit.....

I'm happy to wait and see, I like the way KB/SC do their business.

No one has a clue who they are going to sign apart from them, suits me.

There are many players the Club speak to, as well as through Agents and Managers.

Sometimes, as in the past, players have shown interest in coming here, but for various circumstances the deal is never finalised.

It's best it's kept hush as to who City have lined up....it might happen....but you never know in this game until it's signed on the dotted line.

The least said on public domains the better....but all clubs will know who is available as agents are constantly badgering them.

There are many players the Club speak to, as well as through Agents and Managers.

Sometimes, as in the past, players have shown interest in coming here, but for various circumstances the deal is never finalised.

It's best it's kept hush as to who City have lined up....it might happen....but you never know in this game until it's signed on the dotted line.

The least said on public domains the better....but all clubs will know who is available as agents are constantly badgering them.

Exactly this. I don't think people really realise the gravity of what could happen to the deal if they mention the name of an imminent signing.

It won't take long for it to move from OTIB to twitter, back to the club, back to the parent club, to the player, to other possible teams to scupper the deal. All of a sudden, prices go up, wages go up, clubs pull out and the deal is off.

SC/KB do business shrewdly. Nobody knew about Kodjia and (if they're telling the truth) we've watched him for 12 months. It's better for all involved if we don't know who the players are before they join. Why does it matter anyway?

How is knowing a signing's name 2 days before he signs going to improve your life compared to everyone else who finds out on the day? Just relax a bit.

The cogs are in motion, signings will be made. GC's transfer came out of nowhere, so did JK. There'll be more in the future. Just enjoy the ride.

I understand that, but I do rate Barton as someone who can fire people up and fight for a team.

Granted he has been a liability and is clearly from a really unpleasant background....if it was his brother then I would boycott city....but it's not, plus like others have said....he has grown up somewhat since he has become Mr Philosopher

Yep. Like when he punched Huddlestone in the cock in February and had to return to anger management therapy.

Exactly this. I don't think people really realise the gravity of what could happen to the deal if they mention the name of an imminent signing.

It won't take long for it to move from OTIB to twitter, back to the club, back to the parent club, to the player, to other possible teams to scupper the deal. All of a sudden, prices go up, wages go up, clubs pull out and the deal is off.

SC/KB do business shrewdly. Nobody knew about Kodjia and (if they're telling the truth) we've watched him for 12 months. It's better for all involved if we don't know who the players are before they join. Why does it matter anyway?

How is knowing a signing's name 2 days before he signs going to improve your life compared to everyone else who finds out on the day? Just relax a bit.

The cogs are in motion, signings will be made. GC's transfer came out of nowhere, so did JK. There'll be more in the future. Just enjoy the ride.

i like the idea of SC and KB secretly watching players , i have this image of Herr Klopp and his sidekick  ( crap comedy i know but with one or toe fanny mooments )

Never been a big fish in a small pond so could be the making of him.

Personally feel we need a bit more fight and aggression do I would like to have him here.

can those ITK not rule him out regrading signing next week?

Hahahaha!!!

Only on OTIB can someone say that we need more fight and aggression having just won the League and Cup double in style.

Yeh, what a load of pussies!

:facepalm:

I can sort of understand letting Cunningham go for a decent fee if he's not going to sign a new deal whilst not first choice.

We are really, really short on squad size though so seeing younger players who are good enough for this level leave is not preferable.

When you see it written down (full international, 24, double winner last season) I can't be the only one here frowning a little.  :unsure:

Indeed, it's an impressive write-up for the player.

A key thing it doesn't mention though is he was evidently viewed as surplus to requirements at AG, or we wouldn't have accepted PNE's offer.

A key thing it doesn't mention though is he was evidently viewed as surplus to requirements at AG, or we wouldn't have accepted PNE's offer.

Surplus may be a little far, we need a back-up. More he was only going to be that back-up and wanted first-team football.

That's fair. Do hope we got an okay fee for him, mind you; think he could do well in this league if playing first team every week in a better team than our own was pre-relegation.

Here's to his replacement (be that this young Ulster lad or someone else) being so good we forget about him!

That said; good luck to Greg - seemed a nice lad and a professional.

When you see it written down (full international, 24, double winner last season) I can't be the only one here frowning a little.  :unsure:

Agreed. If we were reading this about a signing we'd be licking our lips and praising Cotterill for the deal.

I am sad.

Surplus may be a little far, we need a back-up. More he was only going to be that back-up and wanted first-team football.

Maybe, but it's basically the case.

If City had really rated him and really wanted to keep him we would have done.

PNE didn't 'swoop' for GC and turn our heads to prize away a top international with an eye watering offer, we agreed to let him go because he wasn't seen as intrinsic to Cotts.' plans and his contract was running down. Perhaps there were no plans to give him another one?

Though we know he's solid enough it seems to me the article is rather over egging his standing in the game and his ability. 

For all the article's glowing description, in reality he wasn't a first choice in a div. 3 team.

That's not to say I didn't like him or am not a bit concerned by his departure though, but I'm assuming it's part of a wider plan to improve the squad, including his position.

Archived