IGNORED

Greg Cunningham - Pne (Merged)

pnefcok

Any ideas on the potential fee?

Our latest bid for Tendayi Darikwa from Chesterfield was 200k according to our local rag the LEP, so I can't see us paying much more than that for Cunningham, who, like Darikwa, is a full back with only 1 year left on his current deal.

Is he good?

Give me something to get my hopes up.

As said earlier, marmite. Some will love the signing, others will really question it.

But it could swing either way in terms of its success, in my opinion.

Younger, older??

No clues from me bud. My lips are sealed.

Before anyone criticises, this isn't an arrogant "I'm ITK" post. It's just trying to be informative and assure people there is a signing in the offing. And no, the source or name cannot be revealed because that would be breaking trust. Just providing awareness.

Before anyone criticises, this isn't an arrogant "I'm ITK" post. It's just trying to be informative and assure people there is a signing in the offing. And no, the source or name cannot be revealed because that would be breaking trust. Just providing awareness.

Cmon just say if he fits in with the 5 pillars

Is that the only one we have lined up, or is your source only told limited info?

I personally think Harry and Kid are indeed 'ITK'. They don't shout they are 'ITK'  for some glory status amongst fellow posters, they're simply keen forum members passing on - in this case - reassuring information, and we can all take it or leave it.

One way or another they are in a position to hear information the average fan on here won't be privy to. It's no surprise on a forum of BCFC fanatics that some forum members would be in such a position and I'm glad we have a few who are willing to share it.

Both Kid and Harry have long and honourable posting records on this forum and have no reason to seek kudos or be dishonest.

I really don't understand the animosity from some posters.

Keep posting chaps - many of us appreciate your input on such matters.

Ha - well deduced!

Assuming this player does sign middle of next week I predict a mixed response. One of those that if SC can get the best out of him could be a decent signing...

Hope he is not an aged traveller then.

Not Polish then?

They have 8 vowels in their language as it happens, we have only 5, so unlikely.

I really don't get our strategy. We are getting very close to desperation in squad terms now if this is true. Down to 16 first team squad players, 3 of which won't be deemed good enough (El Abd, Burns & Reid) after being loaned out to L2 last season & a few that are injured already. We'll soon be in "a signing a day" territory.

Well, I did suggest some weeks back when people were panicking even then that we would probably be looking to sign a few up on the same day or at least bus em in on the same day to save on fuel and time. Makes sense to me not to have a journo sticking his nose in 5 times instead of just the 1.

I would imagine it's a combination of a good offer, Cunningham wanting to play more and City having plan of cover/competition for Bryan. They haven't even announced Levi singing so they obv see him as U21 initially.

Another though might be that Cunningham is one of last remaining players from previous champ team so perhaps he was on high wage....

High wages remark is a very fair point.

I personally think Harry and Kid are indeed 'ITK'. They don't shout they are 'ITK' for some glory status amongst fellow posters, they're simply keen forum members passing on - in this case - reassuring information, and we can all take it or leave it.

One way or another they are in a position to hear information the average fan on here won't be privy to. It's no surprise on a forum of BCFC fanatics that some forum members would be in such a position and I'm glad we have a few who are willing to share it.

Both Kid and Harry have long and honourable posting records on this forum and have no reason to seek kudos or be dishonest.

I really don't understand the animosity from some posters.

Keep posting chaps - many of us appreciate your input on such matters.

Well said, NBtB.

Harry and KITR have long been well-informed posters and imagine they have only suggested that a new signing is imminent in response to the number of people questioning whether SL and SC can count based on the size of our current squad.

All they've done is try and help the situation with fellow fans but if I was them if be minded to keep it to myself in the future to avoid the majority of childish and cutting remarks they've received.

Archived