IGNORED

Greg Cunningham - Pne (Merged)

pnefcok

really? cannot say I have ever claimed to be in the know, and certainly cant ever recall saying we were 'close to signing a name'.

No wind up here my love.

Look forward to the "I told you we were signing someone" comments.,...when we do. Which lets be fair, is pretty obvious.

Im not asking people to name their "contacts".....but why come on here and say you know we are signing a player, then not say the players name. Pointless and attention seeking in my opinion.

Agree. People need to give some substance to it otherwise it's pointless.

really? cannot say I have ever claimed to be in the know, and certainly cant ever recall saying we were 'close to signing a name'. 

No wind up here my love.

Look forward to the "I told you we were signing someone" comments.,...when we do. Which lets be fair, is pretty obvious.

Im not asking people to name their "contacts".....but why come on here and say you know we are signing a player, then not say the players name.  Pointless and attention seeking in my opinion.

Sorry but when saying things like "I've been reliably informed" that is claiming you are ITK is it not??

Why would I say the players name? That would be dumb.

I disagree it's pointless given our wafer thin squad, some may feel some reassurance.

Attention seeking? Hell yeah! Why did you start a thread last week telling us you'd heard everything was not well at AG ??

. As in Ronaldo or messi?,where have you heard this and surely you would have names that he has been setting his sights on which are far to high

Why would I have names?

I doubt that the person who said this to me would even know any names, but he would certainly know what he told me.

Sorry but when saying things like "I've been reliably informed" that is claiming you are ITK is it not??

Why would I say the players name? That would be dumb.

I disagree it's pointless given our wafer thin squad, some may feel some reassurance.

Attention seeking? Hell yeah! Why did you start a thread last week telling us you'd heard everything was not well at AG ??

I didnt start a thread? I passed  comment on a thread where people were wondering why we had not signed anyone and why we were working with a tiny squad.

As for saying a name, why is that dumb?

I have been reliably informed that we will make a signing next week- probably two.

Source? 

Law of probability, logic and gut instinct.

This is the point I am trying to make.  All thes people saying "I know we are signing someone"....they dont mention names, then when we do, people think these posters are "in the know"

I didnt start a thread? I passed comment on a thread where people were wondering why we had not signed anyone and why we were working with a tiny squad.

As for saying a name, why is that dumb?

You passed comment saying you were reliably informed. Doesn't matter what the topic was you made it sound like you were itk on the subject when you quite clearly wasn't

Hope so, based on reviews he's highly regarded there (based on never seeing him live mind!)

I would be a bit surprised, pleasantly surprised, if this was the case.

Same, but he played 25 games in L2 last season, I just don't think he's come here to play under 21's football for 2/3 years. That would not be a good career move for him.

Same, but he played 25 games in L2 last season, I just don't think he's come here to play under 21's football for 2/3 years. That would not be a good career move for him.

Very true, apparently a good dead-ball player too which is always a bonus.

The "when, not if" he plays first team for us quote from Torquay staff is very encouraging.

If you mean Ives Torquay were in the Vanarama last year..

• Admin

At Torquay this must have been Division 5 football?

I have been reliably informed that we will make a signing next week- probably two.

Source? 

Law of probability, logic and gut instinct.

This is the point I am trying to make.  All thes people saying "I know we are signing someone"....they dont mention names, then when we do, people think these posters are "in the know"

I have to agree, anybody can say "incoming next week", especially given not only the time of year but also the fact that it is well known the positions we need to cover and the size of our squad.

Having said that it is also easy to make comments like "all is not well at AG" "SC is not happy", without naming a believable source, you can't have it all ways Andy.

Yes. I think that would be a fair comparison. Very marmite.

Haha well I don't expect confirmation but a few days ago I was wondering whether anyone had snapped up Zamora yet so that's my completely uninformed guess on the marmite name.

Archived