IGNORED

Greg Cunningham - Pne (Merged)

pnefcok

To be fair cynic always seems an angry man

Never found him to be angry, just think the clue is in his name!

To be fair I agree with him, there are too many people on here that pretend to be in the know with very vague statements. - that's not saying KITK or Harry are doing that, they may very well know something, but it's a high probability that with how thin our squad is and how close to the season it is that saying we will sign someone next week is an easy thing to do if you wanted to 'pretend' to be in the know, so its only natural to be cynical!

Never found him to be angry, just think the clue is in his name!

To be fair I agree with him, there are too many people on here that pretend to be in the know with very vague statements. - that's not saying KITK or Harry are doing that, they may very well know something, but it's a high probability that with how thin our squad is and how close to the season it is that saying we will sign someone next week is an easy thing to do if you wanted to 'pretend' to be in the know, so its only natural to be cynical!

They both 100% are ITK as are a few others on here,

RCB and spudski are 2 others who are worth listening to

To be fair, anyone genuinely ITK on here might have predicted the arrival of JK - our first foreign player, second biggest fee paid in BCFC history  and someone we had apparently been watching for some time. Not so much as a sniff of ITK and never mentioned on any target list on OTIB.

Anyone working within BCFC would be foolhardy and disloyal and probably in breach of their employment contract to share confidential information with another individual who then posts it on an internet forum. What's more it could put the signing at risk as its never guaranteed until they have actually signed at which point everybody is ITK anyway.

There may be instances where a player's friend or relative can't keep a secret and word gets out but individuals working within BCFC who leak information may make a new signing of their own - down at the employment centre.

As for giving comfort that a new signing is coming- without a name or position is it unreasonable of Cynic to be cynical? I predicted a minimum of one signing possibly two in the coming week a couple of pages ago and SC has confirmed this in his interview last night. Anyone who avidly follows our club and bothers to read/listen to Pelling/Burt/SC etc know that every effort is being made and signings are on the way and with 2 weeks to go, only one incoming so far- it's going to happen this week- hardly ITK or rocket science.

Perhaps if a name or position can't be stated then a fee can? Or age or length of contract? If it is entirely a case of we are signing a player and it will cause debate on here as to the player's ability - well that covers just about every signing we'll ever make.

I personally think Harry and Kid are indeed 'ITK'. They don't shout they are 'ITK' for some glory status amongst fellow posters, they're simply keen forum members passing on - in this case - reassuring information, and we can all take it or leave it.

One way or another they are in a position to hear information the average fan on here won't be privy to. It's no surprise on a forum of BCFC fanatics that some forum members would be in such a position and I'm glad we have a few who are willing to share it.

Both Kid and Harry have long and honourable posting records on this forum and have no reason to seek kudos or be dishonest.

I really don't understand the animosity from some posters.

Keep posting chaps - many of us appreciate your input on such matters.

Thanks Noggers.

Exactly this Mr Cynic. Just assuring folks that there is a player coming in, prob Wednesday. Just to ease everyone's worry that we're small in squad size.

Not searching for kudos, just being as nice as I can possibly be within the realms of trust. I simply can't come on here and give names I'm afraid, else I break trust. So all I can do is assure people that moves are happening.

Thanks Noggers.

Exactly this Mr Cynic. Just assuring folks that there is a player coming in, prob Wednesday. Just to ease everyone's worry that we're small in squad size.

Not searching for kudos, just being as nice as I can possibly be within the realms of trust. I simply can't come on here and give names I'm afraid, else I break trust. So all I can do is assure people that moves are happening.

Moves, plural.

Thanks Noggers.

Appreciate your input and honesty. Having been cynical of your 'scouting report' earlier in the summer i now see that what you say is actually different to standard attention seeking ITK posters.

Only thing is, when you say 'a name', I bloody hope it's not someone like Leon Best (suggested above). IMO he's shit and doesn't even count as being a 'name' player. On the marmite front, I'd hope for Joey Barton if Cotts thinks he's right for us.

I can admit to some slight worries over the squad depth (not size, mind; not about numbers but quality cover) but really am not in need of reassurance, though respect why those who have insider knowledge are providing it.

Personally, I enjoy being surprised by the way we seem to be working; signing Kodjia out of the blue was a shock, but a positive one, and reassures me enough that we're out there working away.

I do hope we perhaps have a couple of new folks in (even if just on watch briefs) for Yeovil, but equally; if we don't, then we still have a week to have extra names in the door before the squad set off for Sheffield.

It'll all work out.

To anyone questioning their credentials, ask yourself why they know so much about so many young players around the country & then try and imagine how that might link them to City?

I have no doubt they go scouting, but I would be amazed if they are part of the City set up as they put lists of players up here.  I would think that would qualify them for being bombed out of the door ASAP!

Do they hear stuff?  Probably, especially if it is UK based.  I am surprised they put teasers up though, as there is a good chance of getting egg on their faces if it doesn't happen.

I am quite happy for things to unfold and find out when they actually happen. I lost the contacts I used to have ages ago so hear virtually nothing in advance these days, just a bit of occasional construction gossip about the stands from my working days and even that is a bit second hand.  Ignorance is bliss as far as I am concerned.

Personally, I'm not keen on having any one player who attracts all the limelight for good or bad reasons. Our strength is as a team.

9 red cards in his career, convictions, controversial comments in the media and on his Twitter. At 32 and past his best, is he really worth all the hassle that comes with him?

Personally, I'm not keen on having any one player who attracts all the limelight for good or bad reasons. Our strength is as a team.

9 red cards in his career, convictions, controversial comments in the media and on his Twitter. At 32 and past his best, is he really worth all the hassle that comes with him?

Never been a big fish in a small pond so could be the making of him.

Personally feel we need a bit more fight and aggression do I would like to have him here.

can those ITK not rule him out regrading signing next week?

Archived