IGNORED

Gayle And Gray No.... Who Next?

brad blit

Not a dig at the club for aiming high but perhaps we need to lower the player expectation abit lower this time, but what other realistic players could we look at?

I see various people have suggested lower league players like Bradshaw, but wev seen how difficult the league is now and the quality needed to win games - so would players from League 1 (who are no different or better to what we already have) fare any better?

I want us to improve the team yes, and in hindsight im sure Cott/Burt would have preferred to do it earlier, but I still want us to only getting players in that will improve the team and stay with the formation we have grown accustomed to, so I don't want any 'filler' players and if we have to wait until January for purchases and loan players when that window opens then so be it.

There's plenty of nippy strikers in the prem similar to Grey/Gayle who could be potential loans (Solanke?) question would be whether they could take to Championship football in the same way we obviously think AG/DG could have.

Bradshaw is probably worth the gamble but he doesn't fit that mould.

Nakhi Wells is a good suggestion, bet Huddersfield would charge us lots though.

Its interesting because neither Gray or Gayle were 'target men' (although Gray does hold the ball up well) but they were both good finishers and quick - I don't think they are looking for a Wilb type target man, but certainly someone to replace him and partner Kodjia.

That said im sure Wilbs will be important for some games and still play 10-15 especially away from home

The way it's going, and with time not on our side, I can see us having to pay to get some decent loan players in. If I remember rightly we asked to take that lad (Ryan Bertrand) from Chelsea on loan once but were quoted half a million I think?

2 weeks of chasing shadows, lessons learnt? As said priority should be midfield / defence.

Might score a shed load if you pay millions for a forward but whats the point if you let in more. 

Good midfield, good defence concede less, then you might get a big signing if the team looks steady.

Now you are just being silly - quite pleased in a way Gray has rejected us must be better value out there.

Look at Albert and Bolasie not names as such when we signed them - a lot of very decent players are playing  in the lower leagues .

According to google his salary is 3m a year.  So we could run him for 3 yrs.

Simple ...

Plus he loves Bristol always has done .

Hassan "Koka" - amongst the top scorers in Portugal last season playing for a small club, only 22, scored for Egypt Under-20's against England.

Out and out goalscorer, technique and positioning. Probably available cheapish as Rio Ave is a small club and doesn't really command big fees.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmed_Hassan_Mahgoub

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=hassan+rio+ave&tbm=vid

Archived